How come fans used to get up out of their seats a lot more?

How come fans used to get up out of their seats a lot more?

Attached: Benoit Finlay.webm (928x698, 2.35M)

They still do in AEW

fans were a bit thinner back then
and they weren't just staring at their phones

The wrestlers were bigger men, it was like watching comic book characters come to life. Seeing how huge of an impact the MCU has had on entertainment, it's no wonder fans were excited to see big guys battling.

It all changed when Jeff Hardy got his singles push.
We could live with Bret and Shawn, they were older, but Jeff was a kid with the size of a kid. He has no earthly right standing next to the American Badass.

You might drop your phone if you stand up suddenly

Because the wrestlers worked hard to put on as legit of a performance as possible. The goal was to have the audience suspend their disbelief and buy into it as real, i.e. to mark out. Wrestlers today don't bother.

They've seen everything there is to be shown

No phones

sometimes they still do, but yea, I don't know why anymore as much.

Attached: 1645139321344.webm (853x480, 2.81M)

wins were important. now you want "to have the best bout possible for the fans" and its no longer as competitive for many flippy faggots.

Benoit was way more over than anyone today, even when he was a midcarder.

Even crowds standing aren't as good as it used to be. The AEW one has them all rising like robots so they can take pictures with their phones. The OP has more spontaneity and the crowds are fixated on the match.

That's just to mug to the cameras and become a meme

Attached: 1634217668824.jpg (598x592, 75.42K)

Because a good 60% of the audience have their penises tucked and can’t risk a tranny unfurling.

this is why people stopped watching

At least he was a spot monkey and not a flipper

Jeff is shoot 6 feet tall.

I'm pretty sure in WWE they're are always standing in the front row for some reason so you can't tell. If you're in the crowd you see people do it alot

Well it's a ripple effect. If the person in front of you stands up, then you have to as well or you can't see.

Hemroids are uncomfortable

>This level of dronie cope

Begging you to not be a super-boomer on this thread my lord