The latest on Cody Rhodes is that things have been eerily quiet over the past week

The latest on Cody Rhodes is that things have been eerily quiet over the past week.

Those in WWE are very specific to say "if Cody Rhodes comes in" and "if Cody Rhodes" pops up and we haven't heard of anyone speaking of plans creatively for him as of yet. That doesn't mean there aren't any, but we haven't heard of them. Last we heard, he wasn't listed on the script for Smackdown tonight, either. Those obviously change a lot. Wrestlers in WWE still believe he's coming in, but have not been given any indication from an official standpoint that it is going to happen.

In All Elite Wrestling, those that we spoke to last week and this week stated that things were "business as usual" and the subject wasn't discussed nearly as much over a quiet week. One source indicated that they believe Tony Khan and Cody Rhodes are still on friendly terms, and don't expect any unsavory comments or reflections to be put forth by either man. Sources in AEW we spoke to said that the particulars had been kept pretty private.

When we reached out to Cody Rhodes last week, the only comment we received was that he's a "stay at home dad now." Those close to him insisted that he was in Orlando to visit friends for a birthday dinner, as opposed to the rumors of him heading to the Performance Center. We've not been able to independently confirm either.

Attached: RHODES.jpg (1080x1821, 558.28K)

Second post is an update to the Patreon thread.

How could he betray us? What about the Revolution?

Fightful has learned that Cody Rhodes has not actually signed a contract with World Wrestling Entertainment, we've just learned.

Fightful has reached out to Cody Rhodes for clarity around this rumor, but the former AEW EVP has yet to respond.

We will update this thread as more information becomes available.

Marks falling for an obvious work.
Cody is working everyone and will be back at Double or Nothing.

Cody is gonna dethrone Roman and AEW trannies are gonna perform the ultimate seething

He wants to come back to a big return pop but it would be hilarious if everyone just boos him instead

If Fuego #2 came out it absolutely would be a big pop

what he said about "nothing like this happened before" is what made me think it was a work the whole time, but who fucking knows at this point.

This if Cody really wants to be babyface he has to change

>We've been sent hundreds of tweets
the absolute state of modern wrestling "journalists"

>Brock, Ronda, Cena and Edge all had the details of their returns leaked
>Everyone is 100% close lipped on fucking Stardust

Kek fuck off. If it was done the details would be known.

The only problem I have with it potentially being a work is to what end? Why do all this? What does it achieve? Sure, you can have "le epic work", but that doesn't increase the viewership or buy rate. And to carry it off properly, you'd have to work everyone in the back too, in case they leak it to the dirt sheets. Then when everyone finds out it was a work, they get all mad and pissy at Tony. I'm not saying that they WOULDN'T do it, I mean it has been done before with Pillman of course, but again I just don't see WHY they would do it.

I'd say this is masterful work, but it's like being cockteased by a 3/10 hooker

>nothing like this has happened before
>it's every "wrestler leaves/is fired" angle except the dirt sheets are playing along

>Cody is gonna dethrone Roman and AEW trannies are gonna perform the ultimate seething
>Our top guy fucks up your top guy and one of the most pushed retards in WWE history
lol why would we be angry, retard? All you fags do is avatarfag as roman and use him as your pfps on Twitter. AEW fans will laugh their ass off if Cody comes in and squashes his ass.

If the rumors of Ring of Honor getting bought out by AEW are true, it could make for a very very interesting return for Cody as the kayfabe owner/figurehead of RoH declaring war on AEW.

He’s going to go back to AEW and the e-drones are gonna seethe so hard

I hope and pray with every fiber of my being that it's all a work and that he comes back, turning heel and taking the world title. It's the very last thing left that's making AEW interesting. Everything else is shit and in shambles

alright now I actually believe that its either a work or that he changed his mind and is coming back to AEW