How bad is it to leave a company after only a month if you get a better offer from somewhere?

How bad is it to leave a company after only a month if you get a better offer from somewhere?

Attached: 1628380173527.jpg (1200x1145, 266.53K)

that's fine, just dont plan on using them as a reference

It's only a fucking company, why do you care about them? Leave.

literally who cares lmao. easiest way to move up as a wagie.

Exactly as said, dont list them in your CV and you're good to go.
Either expand your prev company exp by one month or leave a gap of 1 month in your CV. Nobody will care for such a short amount of time.

I’d just leave if the offer is there and I likely wouldn’t even mention it on my resume going forward.

How do you go about leaving the company? Do you put in a 2 weeks or you just leave the day before you start with the other company? I've just never been in this position before.

Not at all, employers need to learn the job market is a market like any other.
If the job you're supplying is shit, it makes no sense for the demand to be any better.

This, no company in America deserves loyalty. This isn't the era where your best friend's dad gave you a job at 17 and you worked your way up the ladder to retire. You're just a number, a peg in their board. Treat companies the same way.

It depends on your type of contract and your location.
In my previous job i had a 2 weeks notice period and I had to input my resignation in a government website.
Now I switched countries and dont know current procedure.
Where are you located, US? Europe?

give them a 1 week or 2 week notice and from my experience, theyll say cool ur last day can be today. make them pay out ur sick days and vacation days for a nice little bonus. then just move on with ur life

Whatever. Just put yourself first. Giving them a notice is obviously cool as well. But do remember that you are just a number. Also buy yourself a bag of MATIC while you're at it.

US
This is what I'm wondering because the first month is just training, and I need money. I don't want to give them a 2 weeks notice and then they let me go immediately, so I'm jobless (and incomeless) for the next 2 weeks and then another week or 2 to get paid from the new Job. So do I just say "Hey sorry, working with you guys has been great but I got an offer from another company that I really want to work for and they want me to start Tomorrow (or next week or whatever) and I'm taking their offer. So I'm choosing to end my employment here, k thanks bye"

They would dump you in under a month if it financially benefited them

Left my company for a better offer. Now I'm still working for my previous company but freelance.

It's nice being good at your job and a nice person.

It depends on your boss and the type of job it is. If it's target or walmart, fuck it just say you quit. If it's like a 6fig/yr job and your boss is cool, tell him you got a better job offer and give him a chance to exceed (not meet, exceed) what they're offering you, otherwise you're putting in two week's notice. That's the maximum you owe any company, especially one you've only been with for a month.

*minimum you should accept to stay instead of going to the new job is 10% more pay, ideally 15% more. If he offers you less than 10% more just tell him sorry but you're going to take the other job, because it demonstrates he wants to nickel and dime you and will probably resent you down the line.

It's an IT Job in some health software company. I start with them next week, but I interview with the other Job this Friday, if they select me, I would be starting with them on 3/14 which is 1 month from when I start with this company I've already been hired for.

Oh then keep quiet until you get hired at the second job, set your start date in two weeks, and give two weeks notice. Not a big deal.

Thanks all. I guess for some reason I just feel bad leaving so soon because the benefits they offer are so good and since the first month is mostly training, I would be leaving before ever being able to actually do anything for them. They also did a good job buttering me up with compliments about how great I was interviewing. I would honestly stay with these people for a long time if the other job wasn't offering me more pay.

Is it significantly more pay? A job where you're treated well and not overworked that pays decent is way better than a job where you're treated like shit but get a little more money.

Not bad at all.

You should do it because employers deserve it.

do amerifags have to give in notice in "at will" employment countries?