Bitfinex hack - Monero still safe?

I've heard the bitfinex hackers have used Monero, but that they bought it from an exchange which made it possible to track them down. How does that work? If I buy Monero off an exchange and then send it to another address afterwards, it should be untraceable, right?

Attached: hack.jpg (680x420, 317.7K)

They used bitcoin dumbass. Thats how they got caught.

i think u should be more worried about how they broke encryption than whether or not they traced monero

Attached: taylor-bear.png (512x526, 411.04K)

Retards had XMR but they exchanged it for BTC through a KYC CEX lol

Attached: MaxipadsBusted.png (634x633, 602.87K)

She’s a very particular kind of ugly. I bet she’s just a fucking insufferable cunt to be around as well

cum

Maxis BTFO. keekekekekekekek

Attached: 1640450041748.jpg (828x1007, 198.67K)

sime sort of statistical analysis to do with exchange providing key data, they published a paper on it last year

Attached: 1640387016611.jpg (440x653, 104.68K)

Spergy autist vibes. The spectrum sometimes takes a weird turn and creates these insufferable cunts.

big brain point.
Most probably you can forget about system-inherent encryption. That's why I am still looking for a way to encrypt Ubuntu with Truecrypt.

Are you telling me they exchanged the exact amount in a CEX soon after the hack? That glows. If you're capable of hacking, you're capable using Bisq and maybe at one point you searched duck duck go on TOR about ways to avoid that.

Something doesn't add up. If somebody is smart enough to literally hack in a server, how could they forget to plan out in detail how to move the funds?

you should be worried about the decoy algorithms that have had multiple severe 0-days
or the obvious transaction flooding thats turned your 1 in 10 decoy into more like 1 in 3 or 1 in 4

She was unironically hired as a security consultant and her bf saw an opening and took it

>red as a security consultant and her bf saw an opening and took it
Didn't read the full story, my mistake. Have to find more details when I get a chance.

For everybody still concerned, here the quick rundown:
> They accessed multiple Exchange-Services like Coinbase.
> One of the Exchange-Services wanted further personal information AFTER they had deposited BITCOINS in there.
> They refused further authentification for obvious reasons.
> The Exchange-Service thought this was odd given that they had blocked some hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of BTC and didn't want to authenticate themselves to get the money back.
> This was reported to the feds by the Exchange-Service Provider.
> The feds looked into it and traced the BITCOINS back to the hack.
> They got a warrant and looked into their cloud storage, where they found the private keys to all the Bitcoin adresses.

What does this have to do with Monero?
> Well their account on the Exchange-Server had also a lot of Monero. So shills want to make you believe it was because of tracing Monero.

mmm slurpee curves

Attached: wojak.jpg (178x250, 8.18K)

the whole thing glows
no way someone who can hack their way into billions is that retarded

Not necessarily if you consider I work as a IT-Security expert. From inside, every company has huge security holes you can't know about from the outside. Most companies give you full access to everything. I once worked for a company in which one piece of software from some shitty programmer logged everything including all the passwords from all users.