Bitfinex hackers stored private keys on public cloud drive

>bitfinex hackers stored private keys on public cloud drive

Attached: laugh.jpg (250x248, 11.53K)

Dios mio

Attached: 3D1C5312-CD62-4002-B165-7370FDD599E3.jpg (327x316, 28.45K)

holy FUCK LMAO

Attached: 1615592017357.jpg (500x333, 31.88K)

>women
not even once

Attached: 1613668817303.jpg (243x208, 7.88K)

The one place no one thought to look.

Attached: images.jpg (223x226, 8.06K)

They were encrypted. They got busted trying to cash out some BTC because they didn't use a VPN and the feds own everything.

like not even in a keepass file?? Plain text???

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg (188x238, 6.31K)

I will never stop laughing about this. How can you be so clueless about the open nature of the internet after stealing such a hefty amount? I also found it humorous that they tried to wash their trade with Monero. Clueless retards.

Attached: 1644268684383.jpg (228x221, 7.58K)

It probably doesn't matter as they were onto them for some time now, they just wanted to recover as much of the BTC as possible.

Attached: 54678546432.png (1090x761, 137.41K)

>the arrested couple sent the stolen bitcoin to a Virtual Currency Exchange that sells prepaid gift cards in exchange for BTC.
>they used the gift card to purchase personal items that were delivered to their home address
How do such retarded people come into possession of so much money.

Cab I get tldr on how the feds catched up to them

So how did they crack the encryption? Seems like they ran quantum computers on the kike files for a whole year.
They purposefully let them be free until they cracked it and then arrested them? What if they couldn't crack it or the files didn't have the keys but was just his shemale collection?

interested to see what the guy's defense is if anything. its clear his bitch didn't hack anything, but its also possible he didn't either

key clue may have come from the 2017 bust of an underground digital market used to launder a portion of the funds. U.S. officials said some of the money was transferred to AlphaBay, an anything-goes version of eBay hosted on the dark web.

When the site was taken down, it likely allowed authorities to access AlphaBay's internal transaction logs and connect them to a cryptocurrency account in Lichtenstein's name, according to digital currency tracking company Elliptic.

Court documents do not accuse Lichtenstein and Morgan of the hack itself; officials declined to say if the pair are suspected of stealing the money.

some of the theories say he might have bought hot coins for a discount, which sounds plausible if it wasn't for the fact that it was 120,000 of them.

parallel construction and then cutting a partial deal for his password is my guess. that or the guy who doesn't seem too bright might have reused a password.

Attached: xkcd.png (448x274, 25.72K)

Gotta keep in mind they were 'only' worth less than 100mil 5 years ago. I'd happily trade 100 dirty mils for a clean 10.

90% is way too much off the top though, and 10m for those coins is more than they managed to liquidate from that 120k

classic

Do we know it was encrypted? The thing i read was that leo served warrant on the cloud provider who turned over the data if the data was encrypted using cloud tools well..game over.