Will Chinese replace English as the lingua franca in international business, politics, finance...

Will Chinese replace English as the lingua franca in international business, politics, finance,after the inevitable collapse of the American "empire" and the rise of the new global super power of China?

Attached: 1589306349279.jpg (1080x1069, 324.39K)

No

Probably not, its a lot harder to learn than English and English is already so entrenched as the lingua franca

This

Chinese character system is a joke.
There are gazillion characters for every word even younger generation use smartphone to read them.

It's a disgusting tonal language suitable only for bug people.

Yes

the chinese have a horrible reputation for dishonesty, inferior quality, extreme maliciousness, and a literally physically toxic way of life. They have to settle for colonizing places like Africa but they'll end up stripping the resources that are there and then retreating into their own shitty bubble if they don't ruin the rest of the world through warfare first.
the only reason they don't actively wage war is because so many people are chomping at the bit to fuck them up. They're unironically the worst possible diplomats out there, at least the USA provides some semblance of humanitarian ideal, even if it's fucking bullshit.
learn mandarin if you want to assimilate with them, but I don't know what kind of life you'd live there or if they'd just fucking gas you if war started. I want to learn it more because I think as long as the chinese continue to ruin their own country they'll unwittingly export their best talent to the USA or elsewhere, creating a class of expats much like the Koreans. And they're going to be fucking loaded.

Lol no. Lmfao.

I doubt it. English is still mandatory for a short period in the Chinese education system so students typically end up speaking it to a fairly primitive degree even if they don’t actively pursue it any further, pretty much the only people under 30 that don’t speak or understand basic English there are rural country bumpkins that are considered retards anyway… very huge divide between city people and country people, more so than pretty much any other country on the planet.

The other contributing factor is the difficulty of Chinese to learn for everyone else in the world, and the lack of complexity that conveyed with it. As difficult as it is to speak and understand for anyone that didn’t grow up there, it’s almost retarded in how restrictive it becomes to convey higher order concepts and ideas when speaking it. Absolute bug language.

has there ever been a global lingua franca before English?

fr*nch

french wasnt global though

>inevitable collapse of the American "empire"
2 weeks

French, Latin and Greek.

No, China is doomed without Western influence.

Swedish is tonal, as was Ancient Greek.

English isn't just America. India and much of Africa including Nigeria use English as a national language. Not to mention the EU will probably switch to being English only as they politically unify. English is here to stay.

not happening. chinese is way too hard to learn as a second language
english already won

too much of a pain in the ass language to deal with.

>and the lack of complexity that conveyed with it.
Explain to me the reason for this as I'm a brainlet. I always thought Chinese was supposed to be this language that was suited for poetry and complex language compared to the European ones.

這都沒可能了吧
能學好中文的外國人完全不及能學好英文的外國人
未來的非洲強國都是說英文的

grammar is extremely simple, no conjugation. The writing is fucked though, if China replaced their writing system it could threaten English, rn the writing is needlessly complex.

t. took 1 chinese course in uni

Attached: 1643677323261.jpg (750x921, 159.08K)