Is picrel the original metaverse? Seemed ahead of it's time

Is picrel the original metaverse? Seemed ahead of it's time.

Attached: 1644374755638.jpg (1277x856, 266.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spectrum.ieee.org/metaverse-second-life
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I remember my first love, my first bout of sex at the ripe old age of 11, occurred in this game. I didn't even know what furries were but I thought it was cool that my character could be an anthropomorphic avatar. I then figured out the hard way what a "furry" was. That was the doorway to my initial experiences with sexuality user.

Absolutely. It had multiple things that made it successful:

> Ability to write custom scripts and near-full freedom unless in a restricted area, which weren't that common

> A sense of anonymity and low filtering (both things in which facebook will fail. It will also fail at the first)

> A developed currency (Linden Dollars) which truly allowed virtual commerce

I learned to code in Linden Script and we sold virtual Akira motorcycles. I think we made $400 but we were like 14. It was a really cool time.

A copy of this is (meeting all the above criteria) is the only thing that would make me believe in "the metaverse".

wait was second life just pedophiles? I remember playing it with my sister and these people kept having public sex and following us when I revealed my age. Shit was fucking weird, I had like 8 similar experiences on separate occasions.

I would have furry sex with a "woman" who claimed to be a hermaphrodite. I remember watching in disgust but I would still participate for the experience. I went on to have virtual sex with femboy furries who occasionally tried to whip out dicks on me. That's where I drew the line. It had gone too far.

Attached: 1638079063856.jpg (976x850, 62.07K)

worlds.com was the first

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 144.28K)

I’ve seen YouTube vids of second life. Place is literally just for mentally ill larping weirdos

It was the first iteration. Current metaverse is a lot more complex though because it will be targeted towards all types of users, not just gamers. The main goal is to create the illusion that virtual consumables can match or even surpass the physical ones, that's why there is still a long road ahead.

>I think we made $400 but we were like 14.
Pretty based. $10000 in post covid USD.

One of my male cousins played this game growing up and now he's a grown ass man who think's he's a female dog.
Metaverse will be gay as fuck.

The Bad Guys create documentaries on the freaks who inhabit that hell forsaken world. I'm only plugging them because there's absolute gold in that channel and jew tube keeps fucking them.

It really was
There was even a lot of companies and universities that got involved but they could never quite figure out what they should do with it or why
So there were empty sims (maps) owned by businesses and stuff where they had advertising

I remember I saw some video years ago interviewing a couple who had a real estate business in SL. They made that much it was literally their full time job and they were well off from it too.

A lot of what people are pitching for the metaverse are just ideas that we saw decades ago in Second Life and Go Gaia, only with things pointlessly recorded on the blockchain and with more cryptocurrency. The place where Second Life excels and all proposed metaverse projects fail, however, is that Second Life itself is a set of creation tools that can be freely used with a wide variety of knowledge and skills, allowing creators, coders, and artists to thrive by offering something semi-tangible and immediately recognizable as having use and value.

Where Second Life fails is that it's a horrendously janky mess that's being held together with bubble gum and paper clips and most of the tools were never fully upgraded to stay competitive and it drove people away from the platform, leaving nothing but a niche group of weirdos and autists, while everyone else ended up on VR chat... But even if you improve on these ideas in every way, it's only going to cement the most basic truth of the internet: These platforms exist for weirdos to have cybersex with strangers and to roleplay as anime characters. There is no future where your metaverse VR meeting isn't spammed by dildo rockets and someone blasting Russian disco music while someone with an anime loli avatar tries to suck your boss's dick.

I hope so, I have been DCAing in for almost 15 years, by now I have put at least $230k in this

It’s basically the sims online kekek

Yes
So were habbo hotel, club penguin, etc
These social games were always the easiest places for predators to find children
Now it's VR chat

All anonymous online spaces are the safe haven of people who can't function in polite society, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

why are you guys talking about second life in the past tense as if it doesn't exist anymore? it's still alive and thriving.

no sh*t they literally interviewed the CEO on this exact topic a month ago or so
spectrum.ieee.org/metaverse-second-life

How about just literally any MMO? Everquest or Ultima Online

>There is no future where your metaverse VR meeting isn't spammed by dildo rockets and someone blasting Russian disco music while someone with an anime loli avatar tries to suck your boss's dick.
This is exactly what it is. Second Life was the Metaverse. And it was all about sex. I'm saying it was hard to avoid. I had a fucking threesome in Second Life

Attached: 1643687259199.jpg (640x625, 92.2K)

This, but furcadia