Buying a home right now

Be honest, how bad of a move is it to buy a home right now? Like getting locked in a contract this month.

I've just got my preapproval for 200K, waiting on more estimates from my lender. I'm not doing this as an investment but also don't want to lose a lot of money. I just want the freedom to do whatever I want on my property (yes I know it's not complete freedom).

I have 40k cash (+10k from my parents to help with fees that I will pay back to them), do I go through with this or just rent and dca my cash into the market through out the rest of this year? I see myself easily staying in this area for the next 3-5 years, beyond that I'd probably be looking for a change.

I live in hank hill zone. I am single.

Attached: hank hill.jpg (2500x1333, 632.44K)

If you have a long-term outlook, buying real estate is never a bad idea.

Buy land with a permanent water source and some arable land.

It's all that will matter.

i would get a house. real estate in texas is pretty affordable and securing a nice place to live should always be a priority. you can always rent out a room for extra cash since you're alone.

200K for what?
Also
>I am single
Why not just buy empty land and trailor it up?

Also, personally I think you'd be buying near a short term (2-5 year) top right now, and you'd be leveraging your net worth 5x for the privilage of buying something likely overpriced.

you are retarded and your map is retarded. you don't know where colorado or las vegas is and hurricane casualties are closer to texas. your understanding of geography is 3rd grade nigger tier.

200k for a housing loan, the area I'm in is bare minimum 70k for an acre with restrictions on trailers. And yeah I agree it's the top but unsure how much the interest rates really matter to min/max

chill it's a random image, you sound like someone who roots for a football team they didn't go to college for.

Came to say this. And I'm from europe, American education is a fucking joke

im a geography nerd and this map is quite good actually and funny asf

this is now a map thread

Attached: IMG_0691.jpg (1600x1122, 536.52K)

>florida
>mexico
whats the difference?

Attached: IMG_2595.jpg (230x219, 6.58K)

Attached: race.jpg (3840x2160, 1.72M)

>tfw living in a "blue" state

Attached: coffee.jpg (275x183, 8.43K)

C'mon guys, do I fomo into a house cause I've been wanting one even tho its the top or do I dca my down payment into the market and buy a place when prices are lower but interest rates are higher? This is the question at hand. I got a job that pays 70k a year and am willing to rent a room. It's really a gamble either way right? Guess I could always bank on refinancing if I wait on buying...

buy some land faggot

Attached: vermont.jpg (3840x2160, 1.28M)

IT'S FUCKING PRICED OUT MAN - best I've seen is 70k for an acre and I'd still need a loan for that.

i have 50 acres with a house for 410k, you arent looking nigger

The property taxes alone on a place like that in my region of Texas I could barely afford.

population long term is going to decline and this is an all time high for houses. I don't know exactly what is going to happen over the next few decades but I do know that the current prices for homes are not going to be sustainable with a falling population.

>being so arrogant you think you can predict population growth and home prices decades into the future

>wyoming
>dude weed lmao
somebody failed geography

ok well if you think the birth rates are going to go up anytime soon buy into houses right now and enjoy your gains. If you look at what information is presented to us it looks like the US population is only going to get older with fewer young to support them making housing a poor place to park money. I'd park my money into old folks and long term care plays.