FED ARRESTS COUPLE FOR LAUNDERING 3.6BN WORTH OF BTC TIED TO 2016 BITFINEX HACK

Get ready for the biggest DOMP of your life.

Attached: aaaaaaaaaa.png (590x251, 35.95K)

that's actually crazy
never thought they would ever find out who was behind that hack

>crypto is anonymous bros
>it's a secure, decentralized way of doing transactions, nobody can trace back to you!!

Attached: 1501668686041.jpg (317x300, 15.59K)

Sounds bullish

>midwit take = its gonna dump
hugely bullish. now wont be dumped on market and instead sold at gov auction

they tried to move it last week remember

>arrests couple
Crypto Ozark

Does this mean I get my stolen BTC back?
I've made it if so

bullish for XMR and ERG

there were movements before a year or two ago also though

maybe they were already caught and it was the feds moving the money to a secure address

SOURCE: JUST MADE IT UP

So the US govt now holds $3.6 billion in bitcoin? bullish

i just read this as
>fed adds bitcoin to their balance sheet

more likely desu

What happens to seized crypto? Does the gov try to sell it? Keep it? Leave it to rot?

Wouldn't they have to use it to compensate people affected by the hack in this case?
They only auction off seized btc used in other criminal activities

Why didn't they just swap it for monero?

Attached: shamsiel brain damage.jpg (640x427, 64.05K)

So did they not wash it and run it through XMR? How do you have that much BTC and not ensure you’re completely anonymous?

>glowniggers can seize private keys now

It's over.

LEO CHADS WHAT IS GOING OIN

i need a better source than this ayylmao dude on this but this would be really huge. a ton of coins were moved recently, if those were moved by the government then a lot of people will probably be able to make a claim on their hacked BTC.

bitfinex gets it back, as they've already "refunded" customers right? they won't dump crypto

didn't you get those BFX-BTC back already? did you sell them vastly below price for USD and forgot about BTC? why would they give your BTC back if you already sold it? if you just kept you'd have the same amount of BTC

its going back to the company or the insurance company.
the government cant steal from thieves

What the fuck is this Leo coin?

people unironically still believe this lol, they believe the glowniggers cannot seize their shit. this is why I am all in silver and gold, fuck the glownigger surveillance state

You can't sell stolen bitcoin on a exchange if it is marked as stolen by the FEDs.

>if you get hacked, the government will hunt down the hackers and return the bitcoins for you
Very bullish.

>3.6bil crypto is off the market
Nice.

> caught the criminals
> dump
It would make sense to dump if they managed to hide the BTC. Literally your brain on boboposting.

well bitfinex largely already did that. they issued bonds which the community bought to pay back those harmed.
its hard to read the article get the timeline that actually happened. other article seems to say "laundered" in past tense like the btc is already gone.
in that case bitfinex can have a judgement against the couple but seems like the bitcoin is already been sold

that's only true for exchanges that comply with the FED

>the government cant steal from thieves
How come they CAN steal from normal people?
Haven't you heard about cops robbing people "because suspicious lol" and never returning their stuff?

unless they "seized" it like this.

Attached: 20220208180216000793.png (809x820, 63.99K)

I post pro israel content on Any Forums and i get anonymously paid. I literally dont know who tf pays me

just because you're a dumb nigger doesn't mean the glowniggers are too

same i post chainlink FUD on Any Forums and get anonymously paid. i literally dont know who tf pays me, only that they write with cyriccil letters

why would they steal bitfinex's funds it's illegal

>How come they CAN steal from normal people?
because the government are thieves themselves.

it was in batches of 30btc i think

Why not just bombard fuckloads of addresses with small amounts of btc?
If the btc is blacklisted, you could just blacklist a metric fuckton of random addresses around the world by sending them pebbles.

Imagine sending Tyrone 10k in btc and sending him to jail

They will auction it off in batches. Similar to how they handled the seized silkroad bitcorns.

>US JUSTICE DEPARTMENT SAYS IT HAS SEIZED OVER $3.6 BLN IN CRYPTOCURRENCY
and what now? what do they do with that crypto, try to return it? just let it sit? or market sell everything? buy $3.6 BLN worth of some doggy coin?

ye u can't do it with BTC. when you send a transaction from an address you need to specify the source transaction (~source addresses). you can only mingle bitcoins sent to the same address from different addresses with the private key of the destination address (only as a deliberate act by the address owner).
BTC transactions are constructed differently than ETH

every btc has a serial number user

>nigger steals my bike
>nigger gets caught with my bike by the police
>police keep my bike
>police sell my bike
this is what you sound like.

How do i get in on that i post chainlink fud for free because fuck link