Shorts in the office

>Work at company with apparently zero dress code
>People come to work in jeans, t-shirt and sneakers as and when they see fit - including my supervisor
>Summertime & I don't enjoy feeling like a sweaty pig all day long
> /equip shorts + polo shirt
>Colleague, wearing cargo pants and hiking boots, leads me into a private spot and says "bro it's not professional, people have been talking about you..."
>...

Should I feel self-conscious for wearing shorts to the office when half the people there show up in clothes you'd wear to take your dog for a walk?

Attached: shrtntfml.jpg (404x257, 21.09K)

A don doesn’t wear shorts.

Attached: C4B2F621-10A7-4014-8511-060D4530B32A.jpg (1280x768, 74.13K)

shorts are NEVER professional you dumb wageslave

Dress nice in casual work places. People will respect you and your bosses and co workers will notice.

They're fags, you're good

That sounds really fucking retarded.

I'd agree with you except it's summer and my car's AC is fucked.

fpbp

they are a necessity where I live because of the crap hot climate

yeah, shorts are one step below jeans+tshirt. you found the line

Even a golf shirt with chinos or expensive jeans probably shows 90% more effort than the dude who shows up in the marvel t shirt

You'd have a point if anyone else at the office bothered to follow some kind of professional dress code

jesus christ all these fags in this thread advocating "muh dress smart"

biz used to be more aware of how dumb all this wageslave stuff is, if the dress code is not in the rules then wear whatever the fuck you want, king

>but muh perception is important user, you will get further!!
this is fucking sheepspeak, slave mentality. Wake the fuck up.

>wore shorts at a defense contractor for a month or so
>half the office started wearing shorts
>manager got everyone together and said you can't wear shorts anymore because a military general just drops in whenever
>some fat girl has a meltdown and yells at the manager
no repercussions but couldn't wear shorts anymore
enjoy it while it lasts

I work completely naked.

muy basado

This right here. Golf clothes look pro af and are made for being outside all day. Peter Millar is a personal favorite.

And you didn't laugh at that office Steve Irwin wannabe the moment he told you that shit? What's he doing all day, sucking venom out of ethernet cables lmao?

chino pants, sand colored

this

if they fire you over fucking shorts then it's time to switch jobs

Attached: MV5BNWFmY2I1YTItNWRjNC00ZmQ3LTljZTYtZjE4YTI1NTk5ZDFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQ3NDc5MzY@._V1_.jpg (960x540, 162.18K)

Because he's normally a laid-back guy who enjoys his banter I asked him if he was joking, but he wasn't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯