What is a Any Forums recommended laptop?

What is a Any Forums recommended laptop?

Attached: 1644313452731.jpg (1024x702, 79.81K)

Hp omen

A thinkpad with a ryzen chip.

2pbp

fuck shintel

I game on your moms pussy'n'ass

Attached: 1643704159447.jpg (900x900, 88.05K)

i have a lenovo legion 5 and it's great but the wifi card just decides to stop working at random times so i have to use a usb one. when i sent it in for repair they just said 'it works for us' and sent it back lool.

if you must buy a laptop get something cheap
if you want a good computer get a desktop
laptops are tools for work not hobbyist toys
with possible exceptions if you do 3d rendering or something and need a powerful mobile computer but to fart about on linux, use excel and the internet, or watch netflix you do not need a ryzen 9 5900

got two. A lenovo carbon x1 which is light and small (not used to a tablet, prefer the keyboard), easy to carry around, and a macbook m1 16" to read comfortably around the house and use some apps.

cheap laptops are flimsy as fuck and a rough guy like me break one of them every year.
buy a thinkpad, use it for 3 years with no issues and still get decent resale when you decide that it has served its purpose.

thinkpads are literally bombproof. I still have a working thinkpad from 2002 and another from 2009. still runs gentoo lol.
worth every single cent i paid for them.

LG gram is good. Specs are not great but the screen is very large while also being an exceptionally light laptop, which is all I really want. I have a desktop if I need to do anything more than browse interwebs or use basic programs. It's not cheap though, but worth it, imo.

used thinkpad, elitebook or lattitude. you can get them at computer recycling places for cheap and they will not fail you. just ask for business grade laptops and the people working there will know what to give ya. also check out

you can get a cheap thinkpad just dont get a brand new one
and ive had my laptop for almost 6 years now dont be a nigger and your stuff wont break
>upgrade your laptop every 3 years
completely retarded unless you actually need a powerful device and the overwhelming majority of people do not
even if you do need a powerful device the subset of people who also need to take it places is even smaller
"good" laptops, like vehicles, are a status symbol except unlike vehicles there is literally zero difference when browsing the web on a 16" laptop from 2007 and a 16" laptop produced yesterday

Receiving an apple MBP 16" M1 Max 64GB RAM this month. I truly think this is the best laptop money can buy right now.

It is rather pricy (paid 5.5k for it) and you don't really need 64GB unless you're running VMs etc. But if you get the M1 pro 32GB version you will be happy for years to come.

>t. software engineer and blockchain dev

Attached: oN65txxVKUr76CF478iPmT.jpg (1920x1080, 1.56M)

thinkpad

HP has been good so far. Get one with full metal body
Acer is trash. Had two that broke in a year.

> laptop
Build your gaming rig or eat shit casual faggot

check out ThinkPad general on Any Forums
tl;dr just buy a ThinkPad from ebay

anything mac

I thought thinkpad is a meme until I got one at my job. Incredible laptops ngl

>cheap laptops
yeah ive got two, one is a coda zest and the other is a cheap acer my brother had spare.

the coda zest barely runs windows (it's basically a tablet with a keyboard that clips on), it won't actually update without clearing the previous update due to it only having 20gb of disk space. bashed it with Linux mint and it was happy. after about a year of owning it and not really using it much, i noticed the screen rainbows seemed to be getting worse. then when i picked it up again the entire of one side had swollen about 1/4" and the screen had actually unmounted itself from the housing. managed to pull it apart, low and behold, the battery pack has turned into a balloon. after loads of careful prying at it (it's taped in place) i got the battery out and it'll work on the mains, but that's it.

the acer was in pretty much new condition. it would power down the instant the power was disconnected. tried buying a new battery and resetting it, and leaving it off and unplugged for days, same thing. it also has this weird bug where it'll literally spend hours trying to install updates at the startup then barely function. it too is asking for a visit from the linux usb stick.

im only hanging onto them really incase they might be useful for some kind of project.

laptops where kinda gay to begin with; massive price hike, limited battery life, gets scorching hot on knee, tiny screens, can't find comfortable angle to sit at etc. now computers are so prevalent in offices im not even entirely sure why people want / buy them.

ive been planning my dream house build out and it'll include a loop of hdmi cable so i can just put the shitboxes in a cupboard and the displays on the wall; silence... tidy