Almost a month ago i've started learn coding. Is Python good as a first programming language...

Almost a month ago i've started learn coding. Is Python good as a first programming language? Can i find atleast a decent job with it?

Attached: py.png (2048x1024, 34.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vLAH11Lu4P4&list=PL9Dk8axBIC8Tr_AfR928n7t7UTtFp5pRC
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.
Check geeksforgeeks
and this:
youtube.com/watch?v=vLAH11Lu4P4&list=PL9Dk8axBIC8Tr_AfR928n7t7UTtFp5pRC
Also learn robot framework and about unit tests

sadly its a very popular language
it shouldnt be because it is slow compared to compiled languages
you also have to consider the fact that everyone and their mother learns python so you will be easily replaceable if the company you work for wants to hire cheaper labour

g-guys, should I open this link?
it's the NSA's declassified python training course.

Attached: NSA.png (424x33, 3.21K)

The programming language is not important. If you understand the basics of programming, you should learn algorithms and data structures.

>if the company you work for wants to hire cheaper labour
Is this everywhere the same situation or only in western countries?
>t.user from Eastern Europe

Yes, worth learning first to understand concepts. Once you know Python to a good level it makes learning other languages much easier than it would have been learning those "harder" languages first.

> one month of python
> thinks he can program
Funny keks.

Attached: 300px-Honklhonk.jpg (300x169, 9.56K)

>sadly its a very popular language
>it shouldnt be because it is slow compared to compiled languages
A lot of programs aren't performance sensitive these days. Most of the time it matters more that you can plop out some readable code quickly rather than write really efficient code. There are plenty of exceptions off course, but Python is popular for a reason. It's easy to learn, easy to read, and it has loads of easy to use libraries for just about everything.

Learn C++.

arent software developers paid fairly well there?
it might be a good choice in eastern europe
also as says its mostly math heavy programs that are bad when coding in python most other applikations will be efficient enough

The thing about Python is it's more of an extremely powerful scripting language
You can write properly compiled Python (and in fact the Python executable will compile your code on the fly, so it's not a truly interpreted language) but that's not the use case. Blaming Python for being "slow" is missing the point, you're not suppose to be doing heavy crunching within it
Then why are most of the popular Python libraries are written in C? If performance doesn't matter, why not write them in Python instead?
The reason why is because Python is meant to be a scripting language gluing together lower level libraries
Yes and no. Different languages have different use cases due to their strengths and weaknesses. There's valid reasons why people in scientific programming still use Fortran (it's still the language most capable of writing low-level optimized code), just like the people writing Fortran compilers use C/C++.

I'm learning html and css :)

In summary, every language has its place
EXCEPT RUST

>decent job
unless you wanna learn data science or some kind of statistical math you're gonna be shit out of luck. The number of cheap indian devs for hire that code python is astounding and if you wanna make a living wage they will price you out cos they can work from anywhere.

You should be thinking about coding as a skill to make things, like carpentry; and solve a real world problem with the skills youve learned

Is it legit to study python and then Django to produce web pages? Then move to rust and when I got them all clear, set myself as a web 3.0 dev?

I agree with this. Programming is not a profession, it's a skill, writing database software/compilers/embedded code is a profession
This is also why I'm skeptical of the
> just learn data structures and Gang of 4 patterns, bro
argument, most code you'll run into is "ugly legacy" code written in the C programming paradigm (regardless of what the actual programming language is), and it still works because the developers understood the domain

Lua would be better unironically. Pyshit just had better marketing.

Is python still better to learn than rust in February 2022 (looking at the future)?

Lua is really nice, but there's hardly a way to profit from it other than creating mobile games with Solar2d or Defold

You're too stupid for a serious response. I guarantee your skin is dark brown.