Anyone here a landlord?

Is it easy and a good form of passive income?
Pros and cons?

Attached: 1644309091648.jpg (168x300, 28.67K)

It's not passive and doesn't pay as much as you might hope.

I’ve rented from the same guy for 10 years and I’ve never seen him or spoken to him, I only interact with an estate agent, anytime something has broken down I call the estate agent and they get people to come fix it on behalf of the landlord

I’m an extreme clean freak and minimalist and have no pets, so he’s probably happy that the place stays ultra clean and without junk or pets so he’s never bothered me, he has never even inspected the place in 10 year, and he cut down inspections from 3 times a year to 1 time because of how clean I am.

based

my uncle is a landlord and i think he said he gets like 15% return on his investment a year plus however much the property increases in value. he has a property manager deal with his tenants for a small cut so he doesnt even have to do anything

wtf

If you can't afford to pay your rent then don't do it? Fucking retards should've staked hex

youre definitely the exception to the rule
short answer is that it all depends on who you rent to. but you need to be very careful abiut who you rent to

>Look how happy i make my landlord! Im such a good little cashcow
Ill never understand rentoids

Based, there's nothing wrong with a simple life of humble prosperity

Based but I am curious, have you considered just taking a mortgage out on a property and paying it back vs renting? At least you get a house out of it in the end.

>Is it easy and a good form of passive income?

No. Rental yield is pathetic for the amount of risk and work you take on. Majority of people investing in property are taking their rent as a means to pay to maintain the property and hoping that the property bubble keeps inflation. Property has not been an affective income producing asset for years.

it's not easy or a good form of passive income
I regret not selling that property and just buying crypto, if I even used just 4% of the value of that property to buy in the bear market in 2019 I'd be making enough money from passive income to dwarf what I make from renting my house and without the stupid maintenance fees, taxes, insurance, etc.

Attached: notsure.png (623x478, 180.62K)

It’s a good hustle If for example, you carry a mortgage during an inflationary period, then let your tenants essentially pay the mortgage for you.

Depends on the local market. There is some ways to have interesting yields, but the SP500 yield average is 8% per year.
If you buy a property 500K that means a 3.3k rent per month (minus the interest of the loan).
So basically impossible considering property prices (I won't rent a 1400 sq.ft house even with good appliances for 3.5K a month)

Also, owning property is a headache. Managing tenants, maintenance, inspections, turnover is waaaay off passive. And if you get a property manager...well, he will feast on your profits.

Basically property is good as diversifying your

I'm trying to buy a 2 family. Just put in an offer on a cosmetic fixer. The numbers will come close to living for free in one unit. The existing tenant says they know their rent is low (65% of going market value) and they're willing to pay more to stay, but I'll probably just leave it, because it's nice to have a reliable no trouble tenant that will be appreciative of a good deal.

>Never been inspected
>Cut down inspections to 1 a year

Which one is it?

I'm a landlord since last May. Works great so far but I also was selective with tenants. Not truly passive and maintenance and taxes make a big difference, but very safe compared to equities.

i assume he purchased the property a long time ago and property value/rent has gone up, so he gets 15% on his initial investment/year now

A guy ('jeet) in the UK told me that renting flats in one city costed him more time than running 3 restaurants in 3 different cities.
He also said the government always unfairly protects the rentcucks.
It's probably less passive than you think.