I'm thinking of becoming a DoorDash / UberEats nigger

What am I in for?

>How much do they make?

Attached: ford-festiva-1993-aspire.jpg (1200x900, 226.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

keepertax.com/posts/can-i-take-the-standard-deduction-and-deduct-business-expenses
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

$15-20 average but depends on your market. Its rough on your vehicle

user it sounds shit, but pajeets are making a killing on it because they bust ass. Get a shitty fuel efficient vehicle.

This
Also, log all your gas and depreciation/maintenance on your vehicle, and take tax deductions for it if possible. You count as an independent contractor working for uber/doordash/grubhub. This means you can choose your jobs, choose your hours, and you do not get benefits/get paid hourly. keepertax.com/posts/can-i-take-the-standard-deduction-and-deduct-business-expenses

You should also learn to avoid taking deliveries that are too low compared to the average for your area and the amount of time/gas it would take you. This will come with experience. If you are very fast, you can also multi-app, where you take multiple orders from different apps simultaneously, while delivering them slightly slower.

Pay tends to be 30/hr at busy times, and 10/hr at slow times, if you're in a highly populated city. This was my experience delivering 3 deliveries per hour during rush hour, biking.

There's your answer, OP. It sucks. You make about twice this with regular Uber as a comparison.

I would advise you to work directly for a local restaurant off the books.

Probably. If you have a car, it makes far more sense to deliver people than food.

>I would advise you to work directly for a local restaurant off the books.

I would like to work as a bartender but I'm not wearing that stupid fucking mask.

I meant as a delivery driver. many places still employ their own drivers. there are several reasons why this is better in my opinion. no taxes, knowing your co-workers, getting free food, knowing your clientele, knowing the area within the delivery boundaries so you don't end up in the ghetto by accident etc.

>a delivery driver.

Hmm. Working a solid 8 hour shift sitting at stop lights. Stopping and going.

You will have to buy each companies branded food travel bags, not provided free and they will terminate you if you use unbranded or others brands bags.

They calculate mileage in straight lines from restaurant to destination. Does not take into account actual distance traveled and they do not actively check if routes are even available(road work, tunnel closures, draw bridges raised). You could end up going some ridiculous routes just to accommodate these issues.

They delineate tips with you at the very bottom, restaurants get first cut. Expect extremely low tips around $2-$5. The actually fares you’ll be paid to deliver food are abysmal.

It used to be incredible, fair delivery pay and awesome tips back in 2016. Now it’s complete shit and would not recommend it.
>completed over 2500 deliveries with Caviar,DoorDash,OrderAhead,TaskRabbit

these places are flexible as fuck with their hours as long as you are reliable with the schedule you agree to them for a given week, because a lot of people in those types of jobs are turbo degens (ex cons and people scamming welfare/child support)
just my suggestion, i have delivered for restaurants and uber eats just sounds kinda gay

At least food doesn’t try to talk to you

these apps actually take a cut of the tip? wtf? they already have all kinds of hidden markups and added fees

>cut of the tip?
This must be illegal. I mean, I'm not in favor of laws, but still. They all take a cut?

Noticing a trend of the dashers having white female names like Stacy or Deborah and it's some Mexican dude who drops off my order.

It's a good way to get extra tips. I find that a lot of my customers are female though, so it doesn't really matter.

They used to, but then one of them got class-actioned. Now they just reduce the base pay a bit if the tip is very high, and they hide the tip on order offers.

That's an identity scam. Basically you can rent out your identity to illegals who use it to register for these companies

It’s a $30-40k a year job plus you gotta do all the bullshit for taxes and you work the whole time, no down time. It’s an extra shitty job for desperate people who need cash. You can make 80k in a year busting your ass.

Depends entirely on market. I do $25/hr after expenses. I'm addicted to adding to my stack, so it's highly enjoy it.