Gives his rub to the Rock because he's retiring

>Gives his rub to the Rock because he's retiring
>Despite the fact that the Rock is going away to Hollywood and basically retiring
>Could have given it to a young guy
>Demands that it takes three Rock Bottoms in the process

Attached: Rock Austin WM19.jpg (1200x900, 155.55K)

yeah that was the right decision
nobody else on the roster deserved to beat austin

>The student finally beats his mentor on the grandest stage of them all.
Based

aside for like, Brock who won the title from Angle that show, who could have used it?

You could have flipped it and give is Jericho vs Austin and Rock vs HBK. Jericho could have used the win because despite being World champion previously WWE decided Jericho was a midcarder again for almost a decade. Rock/HBK is a big time match we never got so that would have been fun. There really weren't many options.

>WWE decided Jericho was a midcarder
Funny how the happened when HHH comes back. Austin and Rock spend 2001 helping build Jericho up (after Triple-H killed him in 2000). Cunter comes back, is a cunt and Jericho is back in the midcard scene. Really makes you think, huh?

That HBK and Jericho match was pretty important but yeah, this makes sense. Never would have thought of Jericho vs. Austin, honestly

That actually makes sense.

user you are complaining about literally one of the only things Vince has done RIGHT in the last 25 years

Attached: 6585.png (1904x881, 1.58M)

Rock vs Austin 3 never needed to happen at all.

Jericho HBK was great. I think WM 19 as a whole was great and overlooked. It was the first PPV I ever saw, up to that point I just casually watched wrestling. My parents got a zapped directv card around that time so we got WM19 for free and that was the show that got me addicted to this shit.

based free PPV chad. I remember recording it on fucking tapes and fucking it up so the first part of the show was nonexistent

As opposed to Rock who put over John Cena?

The win does nothing for Jericho because they aren't going to book him as a main guy the rest of that year anyway.

This is what you guys don't understand. "Big wins" don't mean shit without the follow up and the whole premise is built on doing something WWE wasn't interested in doing.

Plus Jericho/Austin matches were ass

>Could have given it to a young guy
The obsession with "everything needs to go to a young guy" is so fucking weird and not at all how any of these companies book. Especially since half the time you don't have any decent names in mind.

>You could have flipped it and give is Jericho vs Austin and Rock vs HBK.
I'm glad dumbasses like you don't book WWE

It doesn't have to be a young guy, but since WM19 didn't draw at all, and Rock never used a rub, who did this match benefit?

It was something people wanted to see, as well as HBK/Jericho. Fuck off with this moronic "rub" shit. Neither of the two had many matches left and wanted one of their last matches with each other while Rock also wanted to put over Goldberg when he came in.

The PPVs endgame was putting the stamp on Lesnar anyway and they set Angle for that months beforehand. Nobody else was in position and Austin sure as shit wasn't jobbing to anybody who wasn't already on his level.

I often wondered about this. Why did this show draw so low, when it was a really good card (for the most part). I think it's two major things.
>HHH reign of Terror
>Brock vs Angle main event.
Had the main event been Austin vs Rock III: Career vs Career, then I think the numbers would have been higher. But since the match was promoted as having no real stakes people's interest that wasn't there.

Nobody would have wanted to see Jericho vs Austin that would have been a waste. Certainly not instead of Austin vs Rock. Austin vs Brock is the only one they couldve done instead. Jericho was a fully established talent by 2003, he had been in WWF for years, so him vs Austin would have been pretty boring, especially considering it had already happened before. At least Rock vs Austin was a huge match and the build up was amazing

This match only happened in the first place because they had to scrap Rock going over Austin at WM 16. Instead he had to wait another three years to finally get his win back

>It was something people wanted to see
>At least Rock vs Austin was a huge match and the build up was amazing
Buyrate says otherwise

No, it was because they had a problem with the pay per view providers

>muh buyrate
different matches weren't going to change what happened in 2003. Rock/Austin was not even the 2nd or 3rd most hyped match on the card.

If you remember they put way more into Hogan/Vince. Austin and Rock had both just came back. It was more of a side thing at the time.

Rock was a star, nobody else was at the time

>Shawn/Jericho
Both anti-draws
>Rock/Austin
Nobody knew it was a retirement match, and the build was kind of rushed because of Austin walking out
>Brock/Angle
More anti-draws
Plus you had a huge focus on Vince/Hogan, and whenever WWE pushed a Vince match the sales suffered (Same thing happened with WM26 and them pushing Vince/Bret)

>since WM19 didn't draw at all,
The numbers were purely because of an issue with PPV carriers. It was only available on digital cable boxes or something like that as I recall. Obviously it's not going to drop to 560k buys without some technical reason. People need to use their common sense when looking at this stuff. No Way Out 03 did 450k buys. No Way Out 04 did 265k buys. Based on those numbers WM19 would have probably done at least the same amount of buys as WM20 without the technical issues

It was nothing to do with the booking. We will never know what the real numbers would have been

No Way Out 2002 did nearly 600k buys
What's your point?

>No Way Out 03 did 450K buys
That No Way Out had Austin's big return on it and Hogan vs Rock II. Because those three guys are legit draws. As for the PPV thing, I didn't know about that, though that would explain a lot.

Rock/Austin had like a 3 week build. Lesnar/Angle was also questionable to happen and they spent a good deal focusing on Cena/Lesnar for Backlash instead. Hogan/Vince took up alot of the build.

I'm convinced a lot of you are just talking shit and not at all aware of how the PPV was built and the circumstances around it.