Will hardware wallets always work?

Are they dependent on a website or server? What if you know who tries to shut down the company?

Attached: 6478480_sd.jpg (2191x2039, 669.92K)

Fuck off newfag

they use centralized french servers so no
literally every time you type in your pin number a baguette checks it
>oui oui cest votre pin nummerie tres bon!

you have the recovery seed if anything happens to ledger and you need to use a new wallet. but yes it is more centralized than they would like to admit and they have had customer data leaked and published on the internet

Poo poo pee pee

hodling in a paperwallet would be better kek, just hodl on metamask

>customer data leaked

I wonder when crypto hundred millionaires will start getting tortured and murdered in their homes.

well, if ya kill me ya gots nothing kek. most peeps i know have 2 or 3 wallet. 1 big one and 2 small ones. you gotta be a retard to have that happen really

Its cheap off the shelf hardware. It can fail at any time. If you dont have a paper key you are beyond retarded.

I know several people who had their info on the list and nothing happened to them but they had both already moved since ordering their ledgers.
a lot of people are on that list including sergey

It's a blessing that people who kill for all the money in a liquor cash register can never figure out how to find a crypto data leak or what it was if they had it in their hands.

this was literally encrochat's system lel

I'm french and I confirm, we also sell your metadata to the french mafia so they can rob you when you visit

>If you dont have a paper key you are beyond retarded.

I am a bit retarded, so I want to ask. Paper key to a wallet app? What if the app is banned?
I once paid $39 for a dictionary app and Apple removed the app with an update.

a paper key is typically in the form of a 12 or 24 word recovery phrase. this is a mnemonic representation of your private key and it works on multiple different types of wallet software. you can even turn it into your actual private key using a few lines of python but I don't recommend doing this.
you sound very new at this stuff so please be careful because there are scams all over the place

Technically you can just store the Bitcoin in your brain if you can remember the 12 seed phrase. Nobody will ever take your buttcoins.

Where do you input the words if you only have the words?
I know there are app wallets and Bitcoin has its own wallet. Monero has its own wallet. What if all these apps and domains are banned? You just move to another country with your words?

Paper key is when you encode your secret key into a QR code and print it. Alternatively, you can write the standardized words to a paper.

absolute worst case scenario you have to run your own node I guess
this is not too difficult for bitcoin, much more difficult for ethereum

>visiting Paris
White people don't do that anymore Jean

Hardware wallet like Trezor/Ledger requires physical access to the device to steal the crypto.

Software wallet like Trust Wallet requires someone to hack your phone, but using something like iPhone is highly unlikely. Android /windows is full of malware though.

How are the Chinamen moving their crypto around after the government banned it?

>there are scams all over the place
I've been using Windows (though I'd rather not). When I copy and paste an ETH address it pastes an address I didn't copy. Some hacker, malware maker's address. Pretty sneaky.

>something like iPhone is highly unlikely

There's Pegasus.

Attached: Figurine_of_Jew_with_coin_(cropped).jpg (622x817, 319.28K)

i was in paris twice last year. also france is way bigger than paris