What is the best laptop for programming...

What is the best laptop for programming? I am willing to spend up to $3000 but would obviously like to spend as little as possible

Attached: e9ff2852261c3fedad7d49ef9d51724e.jpg (480x360, 24.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.dev/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes i hate when programs on my pc are called app

a ton of companies shipping times are fucked if you're looking for certain parts. i recently bought a laptop for some APPlications including programming for around $1900, but that was with a student discount and holiday sale shit

hp omen 17
i9
32gb
1tb ssd

really nice for something that needs to be portable, and there is no comparable laptop that will be a similar price and have similar/same components.

x230

here in clown europe that model costs 4k euros
fuck this nigger continent

A patch is still a patch

Gaming laptops suck. Get a nice, fast and light laptop and a mid to high level gaming PC. It will outperform "gaming" laptops anyways. You can always stream your PC from your laptop. You for sure won't have to spend that much too.

make programs on the cloud, you don't need a pc.
code directly on github.dev/ and use the CI/CD pipeline to compile and check your app.
offload actual testing to pajeets paid in sats.

m1 macbook, no competition
sorry apple hater fags

There's a reason why MacBook is used by literally every worthwhile developer. Poorfags can start seething now.

There a Laptops that are way more expensive then a fucking MacBook. Apple is for skid devs

>What is the best laptop for programming?
dont worry about it ywn be a programmer

MacBook Pro m1 max is like $2.5k to $5k. What fucking other laptops more expensive?

just get a chinkpad

Alienware x17 R2

Attached: gay_apple_fanboi_suck_elons_dick_nigger.png (1588x752, 195.51K)

>laptop
>for programming
just get a fucking computer

but a thinkpad, obviously
Any Forums 101

>13 inch
>alienware
Apart from the clear faggotry, what do you do with an alienware laptop for development that is better than a MacBook? Windows already creates so many problems dev wise.

I have a Thinkpad L15. The build quality is not as good as the T series, but servicable, and the keyboard is great, screen is fine. You can switch fn and ctrl keys in the UEFI, Lenovo switches them around for some reason. If you have more money get the T series, else the L series is ok. You don't need that much for programming, your own projects won't become as bloated as typical enterprise software that fast, so compile times aren't an issue. 16GB RAM, fast SSD, i5 or amd equivalent is fine.

I'm under Linux faggot

And 15 inch screen size minimum, IDEs have lots of nested window components, you don't want to shuffle them around so much when you want to program on the go.

Can we talk about masters and slaves.

About half these are not referred to as app ever, but I guess most programmers are midwits nowadays so anything's possible

>OP is /gay/
>>/ga/

Attached: 1506218040330.jpg (750x728, 49.73K)

Into the basement you go then

I've been happy with my System76 linux laptop.