Why Bitcoin is a bad investment now from an 3 digit buyer

Why are we paying $40,000- $60,000 for bitcoin when it was literally $3,000 - $10,000 only 2 years ago?

Talk about speculative bubble.

No, it’s not “line go up forever” asset like a house, people actually need houses to live in, and houses cannot be liquidated instantaneously like bitcoin can, homes don’t go down because of those 2 reasons, slow moving asset to sell + people need a place to live.

Bitcoin can be sold instantly, and you can’t live in your Bitcoin. You’re playing with fire buying Bitcoin at these prices.

>hurrrr durrrr peole said the same thing at $40 - $60 dollars therefore I disregard your post and will dig my head in the sand hurrrrrr

There’s a massive difference between risking $40 - $60 for a single bitcoin, and risking $40,000 - $60,000 for a single bitcoin. Risking and losing on $40-$60 or $400-$600 for 1-10 bitcoin is a completely different story on risking and losing $40,000 - $60,000 or $400,000 to $600,000 for 1-10 bitcoin.

I was on Studybux in university in 2015 and I was getting $550 a fortnight, and bitcoin was $250-350 at the time, so I was able to buy 1 bitcoin every 2 weeks and have a little left over, now in 2022 it requires 50% to 100% of a normies pre-tax annual income to accumulate 1 bitcoin….. do not be intellectually dishonest and tell me there’s no difference in risk associated with buying. I also don’t want to hear any cope about “b-but you don’t need to buy 1 whole bitcoin you can just buy some sats” that is irrelevant to this, your dollar per sat is still atrociously bad risk at this point.

1/2
(Will continue in next post)

Attached: BD9E976A-AB87-431D-804C-2D9891F23D8E.jpg (1536x2048, 456.94K)

She looks like my gf but with a smaller ass

How old is she and why am I not having sex with her

The price is still reasonable. What is not reasonable is the amount of energy Bitcoin consumes.

Continued: So why is it a bad investment now?

I’m not going to give you the typical anti-crypto normietard reason. No it’s not about Tether, no it’s not about Climate change, no it’s not quantum computing mogging SHA256.

It’s a simple matter of opportunity cost.

If you put $40,000 to $60,000 as a down payment on a house, you will already obtain an asset worth $300,000 to $600,000 or more, and you will immediately be benefiting from the growth of a $300,000 to $600,000 asset TODAY with only $40,000 up $60,000, AND you get to live in this asset AND you will not have to pay any rent, and you will be gaining % increases on $300,000 to $600,000 annually.

Your $40,000 to $60,000 bitcoin investment could take another 10 years to reach $300,000. By then your $300,000 to $600,000 house has gained 5-10% value per year for 10 years compounding and you’ve been able to live in it for 10 years. What did your bitcoin get you for the 10 years? Even if you sell and take a $250,000 profit on your $50,000 btc, you’re paying taxes on that $250,000, so you might end up with maybe $180,000 profits after 10 years.

Meanwhile your $40,000 to $60,000 down payment on a $500,000 home has gone up 5-10% (let’s say 7% per year) for 10 years, and has appreciated to $983,000.

So your 40-60k down payment on the $500k home has appreciated to $983k in 10 years.

And your $50k 1 bitcoin investment has appreciated to $500k, but you now pay taxes on $450k to sell it….and you had to pay rent for 10 years, let’s be easy and say you only paid $15k per year average, that’s -150k you paid on rent in the 10 years because choose bitcoin over a down payment on a house…..

Notice how bitcoin is a bad investment now a $40k to 60k …Especially if you’re not already rich.

Will continue posting… unless I get retard only copers then I shall just leave without bothering to help

Attached: 1BABCA9C-6ABF-42F9-ACFE-CC20D0B2F7A9.jpg (498x498, 64.99K)

Continued…

In my honest opinion, once Bitcoin is trading at price where it costs about as much as a down-payment for a home for an average person, the average person is better off going down the route of putting that money on a home to buy and live in.

At current prices bitcoin is simply for people who already have a lot of money, who need new places to spread out their wealth to reduce their risk on other investments they own, it is not (at these prices) something an average person should be buying over another asset such as getting into their own home.

If you have $50,000 savings and you’re thinking of buying to become a wholecoiner and you’re feeling fomo of not being a wholecoiner, you’re being irrational and stupid, go take that $50,000 and put it down as a down payment on your first home.

Attached: 386444E8-0050-49DC-9791-AC877B23EC4B.jpg (642x810, 56.4K)

For me its this: If Bitcoin grows, alts will grow faster (to bad there is no alt index I could invest in) so there is no point in buying exclusively Bitcoin. Bitcoin itself is not risky enough to be risky and not safe enough to be safe (its not digital gold).

Continued

>inb4 no coiner cope

I bought my first Bitcoin at $250~ when I was on studybux in university. I didn’t even risk my own money, it was all financial assistance I was getting from the state during the time I was in university being paid to get a degree.

This is in the past now.

Don’t be fooled into providing liquidity for mega rich whales at these prices as an average or below average person. Take your savings and buy a house. Don’t be a sucker at buy at these prices.

how retarded are you to think that even 5% of the retards on Any Forums can just "buy a house"

Read the fucking thread cunt

If you have $50,000 savings you’re better off putting a down payment on a home then you’re buying 1 bitcoin. I won’t explain it here again, read the fucking posts for the reason why.

>There’s a massive difference between risking $40 - $60 for a single bitcoin, and risking $40,000 - $60,000 for a single bitcoin
OP... You know you can buy a fraction of a coin, right?

lmao your rambling reads like marx's theory of value in das kapital 1st tome

Ya, I'd play drums on that

>Talk about speculative bubble.
newfag. Also, we've literally crabbed for a whole fucking year

Attached: A51734A2-6BFC-4CDF-A44F-E7672389398C.jpg (1242x2090, 680.11K)

Read the fucking posts you dumb cunt

Dumb fuck didn’t read any of the posts

Yes OP anyone buying bitcoin above 2018 levels is a moron.

No need to explain though. Just let them moron away..

Probably a significantly smaller waist, thigh, and neck circumference too

Your post is basically "it's a bubble and overpriced".
In truth you don't know hack shit about btc price action. I've been here since 2018. I'm more seasoned. I actually understand macro charts. You don't.

>I also don’t want to hear any cope about “b-but you don’t need to buy 1 whole bitcoin you can just buy some sats” that is irrelevant to this, your dollar per sat is still atrociously bad risk at this point.
that is completely relevant to the conversation, what are you talking about? your point SHOULD be boiling down to
>bitcoin is in a speculative bubble, therefore it still has a lot of room to drop, so wait for the opportunity
which, to be fair, you do slightly touch on. but your obsession over the price of a single bitcoin does not really matter. instead, your argument is
>hur dur just buy a house instead of a whole bitcoin
most people on this board are poorfags. most do not have enough capital to pay for a house. also, you do realize that putting a downpayment on a house still requires monthly payments? youre signing on to a liability by encurring a shit ton of debt. $40k gets you 20% down on a 200k house which is absolute shit tier in the united states. the more likely scenario is you use the 40k for 5% downpayment on an 800k house (nicer to live in) but you still have the liability of paying off a mortgage. not to mention "line go up" meme for real estate is not guarunteed. home owners who bought before 2008 took them ~8 years to get baclk to even. its not OBJECTIVELY a better decision to buy a house assuming you had 40k, and its definitely not a bad decision for poorfags to put a couple k in crypto.

im also assuming youre arguing this in good faith, but the fact that you posted coomerb8 and claim that just because you bought btc in 2015 makes you a super genius makes me think otherwise

The value of extracting and moving $billions without any legal hang ups or dealing with outside entities. I believe it was $50 billion taken out of the Chinese economy via Bitcoin by defecting officials before they took the ban seriously. How can you do that with gold or through banks? It’s extremely cheap to do so at those levels too. So to wealthy individuals Bitcoin is the ideal premium network of exchange. You retards just think digital currency = fake money to get rich on. When in actuality it’s a real network that can move a lot of value across borders without permission. And yes that utility is worth $32-69k to people on the open market.

>Your $40,000 to $60,000 bitcoin investment could take another 10 years to reach $300,000. By then your $300,000 to $600,000 house has gained 5-10% value per year for 10 years compounding and you’ve been able to live in it for 10 years.
your entire premise rests on these statements, and these are not "sure" bets at all. i can see a future where btc hits 1m in 10 years, i can see one where it hits 100k, i can see one where it goes to 0. real estate can crash, it can rise. you have zero clue how well each of these will do in comparison to each other

also for the record im not saying that anons should buy a whole btc instead of a downpayment on a house, but your arrogance and confidence in which you assert that one is OBJECTIVELY better than the other is unfounded

Nah, should've avoided posting that cringe, chud

The retard hasn't been here since 2015. If they were, they'd realize price is irrelevant. It's the market cap and if they compared btc's market cap to other global assets, they'd see how tiny it really is

Attached: 2D53D3A3-9C43-4403-A1DC-3DB3F9E0DB0A.jpg (1706x913, 426.54K)

at this point buying a whole btc seems to be a good bet and good for 6 fig+ fags who want a safe asset. i guess i agree with you to a certain extent that owning 1 btc has a high opportunity cost, but
1) you dont need to own a whole btc
2) you have no clue how btc or real estate will perform against each other
3) real estate also incurs opportunity costs in the form of paying off a mortgage every month

LOL @ effort-posting some huge thing then just reply "read the post dumb cunt" to any feedback. honestly kind of alpha

i dont give a fuck if how long you have been here. this is Any Forums where the quality of your post is determined by the content alone. also you fags better check my digits:

>where the quality of your post is determined by the content alone.
The picture I posted already ended the thread, jackass. Op is retardedly fixated on the individual price of btc. Same kind of retard logic as people that say "shib will reach 1 dollar easy since it's just 1 dollar". Price is fucking irrelevant.

This rainbow chart is so inaccurate that it cuts right through the top of the first cycle, so it was right on just one cycle out of 3 if you look at it. And retards really still use it rofl.

Same, but also taller and not asian.

It's a good reference since it's in log and it takes diminishing returns into account. It's not meant to be perfect to the T.

Price is the only information that matters for Bitcoin

You delusional cunt

the average for most whales is 28k lol

Ive bought my first eths for 40$ in march 2017 and got out as a millionaire last year. OP is totally right that the assymetric bet is not as attractive as it was when BTC was 250$ a piece. It is basic math, you can also see it at the diminishing returns every cycle, from x1000 to x20 to x3 now from top to top, roughly. The downside always stayed the same with -80% to -90%. This is basic math, there is a point where btc gets unattractive for the average Joe and it was this cycle, normies only bought meme shitcoins.

It’s actually less than $10

>who would buy bitcoin at 10k

It doesn't matter, you stupid bitch. If something is a dollar and has a market cap of 1mil and another coin is a dollar and has a market cap of 1b, what the fuck coin do you think has more growth potential? The first one, retard.

Agree, guys a duck muncher who thinks he knows the future.

You dont get it. You could also buy a few sats when btc was 250$ a piece. You buy the same amount of sats now, meanwhile the same amount of sats is x200 times more expensive. Thats the point OP wants to make, the assymetric bet is getting less attractive, you can see it with the diminishing returns every cycle (see my other post).

Maybe where you live.

Where I live a (very small) house costs 500.000. You buy it, you pays buy taxes of around 6%. Then you are speculating for 20years that:
- The government doesn't decide to increase the property tax that makes you already pay on something you call property (Why do you have to pay monthly for it if it is yours, It's not yours)
- The government doesn't decide to renew the road or something because they decide, the homeowners have to pay (argument being their property value increased through that measure)
- The government doesn't decide to buy the house next to you and make it a "social house"
The last one happened to raltives. They lived in a small village, really nice, only boomers. Than the city government bought an old house dircetly in the middle of that village and put all the homeless and druggies into the house. Now each time the kids went to to bus station, they had to pass that overcrowded house and all the bums.

Yes. No fucking shit there is diminishing returns. I literally brought that up: