I'm a dad

Have a drink with me anons

Tips/ things to be aware of?

1st night sleep was already broken. What am I in for?

Attached: Screenshot_20220128-092440_Facebook.jpg (1080x1078, 388.68K)

Congratz bud. Kids are awesome. I’m not a dad, but I’m an uncle and I love these little guys like my own. I cant wait to raise my own little tribe. Anyways, since you didn’t give birth, you’re probably gonna be on night time duty for the next 6-8 months until the little one starts sleeping like a normal person. Baby talk is cool and all, but you’ll want your kid to be ahead of the curve, talk to your kid like it’s a regular human being. I’d advise you to start reading stories at about 10 months. Anyways enjoy that little ball of joy that’ll be the bane of your existence for the foreseeable future, but remember treat it right and maybe it won’t put you in a nursing home when you’re old.

What did you name him?

I’ve got twins coming up on their first birthday. Extremely rewarding but you are also in for a lot. First few months are triage. Take turns on the feedings overnight. We went to shifts almost immediately, 2 on 2 off so we could each get 4-5 hours of sleep uninterrupted. After the first 2-3 months things start to get easier and at 6 months you are back to a somewhat normal sleep schedule. Try to find ways to be efficient. Always go for zippers over snaps on pjs, you don’t want to be wrestling in the dark trying to line up a button at 3am.

Im getting a daughter in June, am i fucked bros?

Congrats user
Don't have any advice because I'm an autistic wizard, but one piece of advice from what my friends who are dads have told me is to take lots of pictures/videos; they'll be growing up, running around and all that in no time.
Stealing that pepe.

Congrats user. I am envious o you my fren.

Not if you aren't retarded. No cell phones, no fag media. Be a man and you're good.

holy shit you need to leave this website immediately

Likewise.
Tfw 32 and fresh out of a 3 year relationship that was supposed to be “the one”.
I just want a family bros.

Also this. Take as many pictures & vids as you can. Try to capture all of their important moments in life. Forgot to add, that potty training is very important. Start them as soon as they’re able to walk. Take them to the bathroom every 2 hours so they get a feeling for what’s going on. By the time they’re 15-16 months old, they’ll begin telling you whenever they need to go. Kids are super smart.

first 4 months suck
then if u sleep train then its a breeze after
especially once they start solid foods at 6
then once they start walking its even better
bullish on kids

What is the best state to raise kids? I hope to have some soon and I'm thinking Texas.

Based wholesome thread. No kids but engaged. Will probably start having them in a year or two.

What is this wholesomeness on my Any Forums

yes, make sure they don't hang out with weirdos or go on reddit or play VRchat

Im 31 user.. we still have time even though its been 2 years since I have touched a woman.

having kids is literally best creation you will make in this world, and its very fulfilling
there is no better feeling knowing your kid is happy

>daughter

Attached: 1566595631340.jpg (327x327, 56.92K)

I've got twins too, a little bit older than yours, glad it's going OK user it can be brutal.
Right now you've just got to get your head down and get on with it. It can be overwhelming but you won't be alone in thinking that. First few months are tough because they don't really do anything other sleep, eat, shit and cry. Sleep train them as early as you can (from memory it's pointless before four or five months). Some people don't like sleep training because your kid will cry a bit and it feels cruel but ours took to it after two nights and we figured we'd have happier kids if they and we were getting more sleep. We were huge on set routine as well, but I think that's primarily because we had twins and didn't want to have two kids out of sync. When they're a few months older, Google "awake windows", our kids used to be absolutely raging and it was because they were either too tired or overtired - seems obvious I know. It all gets a bit easier after the first few months and its fucking awesome when they give you their first smile or laugh.

First year is brutal, yes. Father of two here.. 6 y/o son and 3 y/o daughter, but worth it. They literally make you appreciate life way more.

Playing Minecraft with my son are without a doubt the best memories I'll have for the rest of my life. He just learned to read and write and left me all kinds of messages in his world. Cutest thing ever.

Thanks for all the advise, feeling the love and still on a high. Looking forward to it all.

We had a girl.. I aim to get her into a martial art when she's able to start. Show her love so she has self confidence and doesn't feel abandoned. Teach her manners cause that's important af. Teach her how to think for herself cause this world is a mess. The list goes on... Hoping for some crypto wins along the way too lol