How do I explain gaps in my employment history

>2 year gap

Attached: fff.png (1850x684, 188.81K)

Self-employed digital asset manager aka shitcoin gambler

corona virus

>15 year gap

Attached: 1643540877037.png (823x613, 453.87K)

Get your buddy to pretend to be a manager at X company for 2019-2021

just tell them the truth
if they have an issue with it, you don't want to work there anyways

This is the truth. I got too comfy and realized I need a job, pronto

I actually have few friends to put it in referral, but surely they do background check, no?

I don't have very much of skillset in IT, the truth is I really have no idea what I'm capable of

>but surely they do background check, no?
It depends how important the job is, but probably not. If it's going to be something involving secrets or lots of cash then yes, if it's flipping burgers or call centre work then no.

it's multinational corp

Then they might have dedicated HR to look into this kind of thing. However, never underestimate human laziness.

You don't explain. You say 'for private and family reasons' - it's none of their business.

I understand how bad it is to lie on resume, but I don't have much other experience/skillset to put onto paper. Not to mention my interview skills, which is quite bad. Ever since the last few failed interviews, I feel lost

I explained mine by saying I worked a bunch of odd jobs during that time because my parents needed money. If you really want to go down there you can also double down and say they were sick and you took care of them full time.
Gives you the pity angle and makes you seem like a good guy.

tell them you had a prolonged, life threatening medical condition that has seen been resolved. don't mention anything beyond this.

this is the way.

No background check unless you're trying to be a cop or other high security, risky Job

>8yr gap and counting

Unironically say you were a self-employed digital asset manager. It makes you sound clever.

There's literally nothing wrong with lying on your resume. Especially if you weren't going to get the job with your current experience.

>a *failed* self-employed digital asset manager.
yeah, it makes op sound clever

this. if they want try to drill into the details just look embarassed and say you don't wanna go into detail. if they continue drilling you do not want to work there. it will be like this or worse always.

I know a guy who got a job as an electrician by lying on his resume and just looking at some related learning videos on youtube. That's the kind of people that put electric wiring in your house and you can too.

Have you ever done it yourself? How do you play it out when they start asking/prove for more?