I work at 2 sigma as a Quant. AMA

I am a Quant researcher at 2 sigma ask my anything biz bros. Do not ask me to about your low cap "gem"

Attached: two-sigma-logo.jpg (900x899, 45.69K)

What's the general attitude towards guys like Sam Bankman-Fried and Alameda and their blatant market manipulation?

When did you realize you're gay?

>guys like Sam Bankman-Fried and Alameda
how are you still alive.

whats wrong bro, dont u know mr alameda?

Crypto is a joke right now; it will take at least a decade to mature. As far as Sam goes, he's well respected in the Quant community. He worked on Jane street and went to MIT. Smart guy

You couldn’t come up with a better name than 2 ligma?

>I am a Quant researcher at 2 sigma
Most of the finance guys I know shitpost on boards and forums, none of them would name their company like that.
Larp unless significant proof is posted.

fake and gay op.

What is your TC user?

Do you actually use complex mathematics (like Ito calculus or PDEs) yourself?

Do you use Reinforcement Learning to train trading bots?

How much insider trading do you estimate is actually happening around you?

Are the markets gonna keep on inflating in 2022?

regards,

What are your thought about ETH's market dominance, and more importantly, its divergence from BTC's price aciton? Supposing this is real I'd really like to hear your opinion

Attached: bog_chamber.png (1364x944, 579.51K)

It will depend on the performance of our IPO, but I expect between $1m and $2m p.a. on average when all is said and done. Trading crypto on the side seems to be performing similarly for now, looking to retire in 2 years or so.

>whats wrong bro, dont u know mr alameda?
yeah, his first name is SBF. I know him, I just don't know who the fuck Sam Bankman Fried is.

You're not OP. Who are you?

- We do use complex math and stats; traders use stochastic calc
- Most research requires advanced statistics and ML, sometimes DL depending on what asset we are looking to generate alpha with.
- We have used RL successfully, but in most cases, it requires too much engineering to make it work; that doesn't mean you should stay away from it (you really need to think about your features when using RL). I cannot talk about specifics :/
- Most of us are keeping cash stowed away and are de-risking our portfolios as of right now; that is all I can say. Markets can inflate more, but it depends on what the fed plans on doing; from my perspective, the market is a bubble and crap on a stick. Again can't get into specifics from what our economists are predicting, but I've told you what they're doing.

best of luck user

>You're not OP. Who are you?
whoever it is, he appears to be hiding behind a post.

how does a surfactant interact with an ionic liquid?

>trading crypto

whenever anyone tells me they do this, I immediately know they are low IQ

Are you doing HFT?

Is this year going to be absolute dogshit with volatility, as a retail trader? War drums, inflation, fed rate hikes…

What’s your advice on how to trade this awful schizo macro? Thx user

1. Do you write your own trading bots for personal use?
2. How does quant work differ from the typical FAGMAN dev type of management & work style?

Why is Numerai 29% more successful than any other Quant firm?

I'll be back in 20 minutes

Redpill me on how I can use deep ensembles to give me confidence scores for trading signals