/entg/ Entrepreneurship General - GIMP Is a fine program™ Edition

Last bread:

Well met, folks. Thyme for another round I reckon!

The regular thread dedicated to discussing potentially the purest form of the libertarian capitalist abstraction - the humble solo entrepreneur, starting with just ideas, maybe minimal funds, maybe nothing, and beginning the quest to be the captain of one's own soul, the steersman of one's fate.

Any interesting quests, successes and Happy Accidents™ as well as questions and such can go in this bread.

Some links for inspiration (please add in this thread any you deem worthy to be added to the pasta here).

>Entrepreneurial Quests Basics & Stories
investopedia.com/
youtube.com/c/TheIcedCoffeeHour

>Startup Information
news.ycombinator.com/news
youtube.com/c/Foundr/videos

>Ecommerce Entry Points
fiverr.com/
printful.com/
shopify.com/

>If you feel "I can't do it / don't have any drive"
youtube.com/watch?v=azROJC2YJ4g

WAGMI, Anons.

Attached: comfy.jpg (601x601, 108.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1qRb1xt1APE
youtube.com/watch?v=TD-7pu5FLLM&t=3933s
youtube.com/c/InvestAnswers/videos
youtu.be/1-TZqOsVCNM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bamp for /eng/

Thank you kindly, dear BumpAnon!
How goes it on your quest - any intriguing tales of progress?

Nothing too exciting--received an email response from a potential client today that I'm hoping to get a close on this week and did some very light work for a friend.

Doing freelance marketing/graphic design if anyone's curious!

Attached: 1611546799938.jpg (251x201, 7.58K)

Hey that means the funnel is working in some capacity! I always find writing up some templates of FAQs as well as common responses to clients' questions in a .txt file and copy/pasting them in emails ends up saving 2-3 minutes each mail; certainly good for scaling with more ease.
Do you advertise via banner ads on some website/s or word of mouth, or other method entirely?

Does anyone in the US have any insight into the pros/cons of an LLC vs. a 5013(c)?

I have an idea that you could say is my "passion project". Without giving too much away it would be primarily a knowledgebase of research done in a certain area of embedded sysems/automation that I believe would be beneficial for the common good. Not sure how to monetize it that effectively other than to perhaps sell subscriptions to a newsletter, in-depth articles, etc.

What would be the best route to take? I really don't care about making a ton of money - as long as my family's needs are met I'm happy.

>I always find writing up some templates of FAQs as well as common responses to clients' questions in a .txt file and copy/pasting them in emails ends up saving 2-3 minutes each mail
this is good thinking user, I'll definitely put this on my to do list!

Entirely word of mouth right now. Going to populate an instagram & facebook page before launching some local ads.

>GIMP Is a fine program™ Edition
based and linuxpilled

Someone suggested I use gimp in the last thread and then I laughed

Howdy user and welcome in!
I am uncertain on the differences between the two specifically (AusAnon), however as to the format of your service, it could be a aggregator, tl;dr type of platform on a subscription, with limited access for trial perhaps. Banner ads and threads here as well as subreddits and fb pages could be good advertising at no cost also in the beginning. All the best on your quest!

Nice one, sire! That reminds me on of my quests requires an instagram page yet - I live in the past!

I have only really scratched the surface of the functionality of the program even after having used it for many years (just touch ups of photos and simple edits) but even glancing at the features further down in sub-tabs it truly has grand utility. And is free. I never saw a need to even bother with Ps or anything else desu.

>picrel is a comparison between gimp and photoshop

Attached: 1621110856154.jpg (468x600, 77.67K)

bermp

safetybump!

Attached: an_eve_with_asterix.gif (500x375, 2M)

I know sleep exists, however so do quests!

Attached: noshortcuts.png (960x689, 881.13K)

Any particular music you listen to that gets you energized and in a focused state?

Yessir:

>Energized:

youtube.com/watch?v=1qRb1xt1APE

>Focus:

youtube.com/watch?v=TD-7pu5FLLM&t=3933s

I also enjoy this youtube channel; funtastic insights into macro-economic windblowings with a focus on crypto and tech stocks:

youtube.com/c/InvestAnswers/videos

bump

BUMPENHEIM

>say you aren't familiar with photoshop in an interview, but you can use gimp as you use the superior GNU + Linux kernel
>interviewer pulls out a snub nose and nails you between the eyes

youtu.be/1-TZqOsVCNM

Great podcast here lads

>3.5 hours
Pretty steep

>that filename
Kek

Attached: 136045173268.jpg (360x359, 19.81K)

Never mind I’m 5 minutes in and this is fucking great.