I'm about to rent my first apartment and move out of my parents home. I'll be a big boy now. Any financial tips?

I'm about to rent my first apartment and move out of my parents home. I'll be a big boy now. Any financial tips?

Attached: cover1.jpg (1920x1080, 71.67K)

Don't

I have to. I now live in a 50 sqm apartment with parents and 2 brothers. It's not working out. I have to go my own way.

Attached: FCA2FC02DC724AF0984753398D0A0BDB.png (926x560, 72.92K)

Nothing? Nada? No one? Must I embrace this endeavour by myself?

Attached: 1643427473503.jpg (720x720, 36.67K)

get a rice cooker, don't buy a bunch of useless furniture, don't use a doorframe pull up bar unless you want to fix the paint and shit. keep 6 month's rent in savings. Set calendar reminder to pay rent on time

Attached: 1633804734029.jpg (1024x1024, 63.72K)

This. Live with them and save enough to put a down payment on a house or be priced out forever.

>get a rice cooker
are they worth it? why not just boil rice in the pot? I never used one so I don't know, sorry
>don't buy a bunch of useless furniture
for sure, all I really need is a bed and a desk
>don't use a doorframe pull up bar unless you want to fix the paint and shit
I was gonna work out in the park anyways
>keep 6 month's rent in savings. Set calendar reminder to pay rent on time
seems a lot, but a black days fund ain't bad, tnx for the tips brah

I was thinking about buying, but the prices are ludacris. I'm okay with renting for 2-3 years until the bubble pops. If it doesn't pop I'll just move to some cheaper satellite town.

Attached: 1615429919719.gif (400x496, 96.48K)

Learn to cook, buy frozen vegetables (they retain nutrients while frozen), rice+veggies+protein is cheap.
Making food in bulk and making lunchboxes for a week or for putting in freezer saves you both time and money
Save at least 10% of what you earn, stake it in stablecoins or whatever for better APY than (((banks)))

Legit, I already downloaded a dozen cookbooks with simple recipes.
I also picked a fairly cheap one room so I can save up to 40-50% of my income. Was looking at aave to lend some of my coins.

Attached: 1628995125931.gif (550x400, 19.14K)

>rice cooker + wok (flat bottom if electric stove)
can cook a lot of cheap meals with this combo. curries, stir fry, fried rice, etc.

Rice cooker is super easy to use and you can save a bunch of cash. Can put quinoa and other shit in there too. Cooking in pot takes longer and annoying

>Learn to cook
probably one of the best investments to make other than exercising. learning to cook sucks in the beginning because your meals will taste like shit but over time will pay off. you'll never want to eat out again once you become a master chef.

Don't buy yellow snow

Unironically consider staying with parents a bit more if you have a good relationship and stash away all that savings. If not then do thrift store everything. You can get decent furniture, plates, etc from them if you're willing to hunt through the junk. Shop around for internet and call to get a good deal by acting like you'll go somewhere else. Get a cheap cell phone service if you're in a major city, name brand is way overpriced. Use grocery store apps to maximize coupons. Learn to cook some basic things to not waste on takeout. Avoid the urge to blow cash on liquor and clothes during your first year of freedom.

leaving my parant's house was the worst mistake I ever made

Instead of sitting in my room, I was just sitting in front of my desk with furniture I own behind me that was never used.

>seems a lot, but a black days fund ain't bad, tnx for the tips brah
This is just a general rule if you're renting. Worst case if you become unemployed for a while and don't want to get evicted or borrow money

Seconded. Pastas, grilled meats, stir fry etc are all pretty easy to make at home. Its expensive but if you can afford it try a blue apron or hello fresh trial. I got 2 or 3 of those then cancelled but all the recipes are tasty af and will show you new ideas. Again expensive but if you learn from it and reuse recipes consider it an investment because you wont want to eat out again. Alternatively check out some YouTube channels. Hes kind of annoying cuckish but adam ragusea has some nice recipes for the home cook.

Finally some reasonable advice for OP. Thrifting is important when it comes to saving money. Make sure you thoroughly wash EVERYTHING if purchased from a thrift store. Negotiate any bills you are thinking of adding to your expenses, meaning cell phone plan, cable + internet, etc. you gotta barter with these guys and they’ll likely give you a discount if they feel that they won’t receive a commission or bonus from you. Anything you plan on eating, make sure you cook it yourself, saves a shit ton of money. Sex is cool, but an unwanted pregnancy/pregnancy scare can set you back a long way, so be responsible. Don’t spend money on unnecessary shit. You must budget. Set money aside for savings, for bills, and for grocery. Then take about 10% for yourself. Budgeting is the most important thing. Fuck paying yourself if it isn’t within your pay scale, it’s better to save if that’s the case. Also whenever you have free time, make sure you study or read or do something productive, jacking off is going to make you regret your wasted time.

>learn to cook
>buy on discounts
>be thrifty
noted

Attached: BDDD9C4883BE4E9BB6C5D3B20ECD93B1.jpg (700x700, 79.18K)

Cook for yourself because ubereats is very fucking expensive and the dishes you get most of the time dont worth the money + you will up your cooking level
Clean once every week (set a day)
Dont leave mess around because it stacks
Throw away your garbage
Do the dishes
Pay the utility bills

Home cooking is a great way to save money, have better control over what goes in your body, eat healthier, and is a nice skill for impressing romantic partners. 7 home cooked meals versus 7 take out meals in a week will easily save you $50+
Have a 6 month surplus as the other user mentioned too. On top of giving yourself emergency money it gives you the luxury of time when job or apartment hunting. If you only have 1 month to find a job you'll take whatever, but 6 months to find a job gives you space to find a good fit. Having extra cash on hand also allows you to slurp great deals when they come along.
Build your credit now. Always pay your bills on time or you will get a credit score ding. This magic number will save you thousands of dollars when you try to purchase big ticket items like house/car/take any loan. Open a credit card in your name and USE IT LIKE A DEBIT CARD, put one single monthly charge on it and pay it off on time to build credit history. Don't accept a credit card offer thru the mail and never leave any balance on your CC or prepare to become a debt slave.
Try to build multiple streams of income. If your job is your only income, and you quit/lose your job, now you have no income. Having multiple streams of income makes you more resilient against all kinds of bad life/world events. Any easy second income besides work is investing. Also consider starting a website or business, writing and selling an ebook, creating a youtube channel, or anything else that you can turn into a monetized activity. The best choices are something that requires up front effort and then little or no effort to maintain and continue to make money from.
I know I already said learn investing but seriously, buy and read a couple boomer investing books and browse the internet to get millenial/zoomer investing advice. Why wait until you are 35 or 40 to start, especially when the gains you make from now until 35 will compound?