Ex-Employer is still paying me after I left the company

It's been a few months since I left company "X" and I am still getting direct deposits from my ex-employer every month. This company is a total disorganized shit hole and I hated every moment of working in there.

I am also a Eurofag, and I will be moving back home in a few months for good, and I don't see myself coming back to the United States anytime soon.

So, I am quite tempted to keep this money, but I wonder how fucked I would be if they find out (if they even do, which I doubt).

Attached: Monkathink.jpg (300x300, 13.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56822571
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you got paid in crypto you could completely get away with it.

if you dont think you'll ever come back to the state I don't think there's much they can do if you abscond with it, but if they make an issue of it before you go you WILL give the money back. they also might try and take it from your account regardless, so if you leave move it to a new account while youre in the airport waiting for a flight out. of course you will not be able to return if you do this.

you could give it back I guess, though they probably won't thank you for it and may try and fuck you over it as a result

pretty sure they have the ability to reverse these payments through an agreement you signed initially. Every employer has you sign an agreement that gives them the right to take money out of your bank account if an overpayment happens.

do the right thing and call them up and let them know, tell them you'll send it back at their expense.

Milk it for as long as you can.
See if you can live the dream like this man:
bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56822571

I am planning to withdraw all my money in cash before I leave and close the bank account. What would they do in this scenario?

Well, if there are any legal measures, "I didn't know I was still being paid" won't be a valid defense.

If it's a big company with hundreds of employees, there are likely others in your situation, and a mass communication might be sent to you and others at some point, asking you to return the funds. If you don't, you'll probably be in a bad position to resist this legally.

If it's a smaller company (sounds like it is, since you said it's a disorganized shit hole), then legal action is less likely... depending on the sums we're talking about.

The right thing to do was to call your employer the first time this happened. Don't be greedy and don't risk your reputation for a few hundred dollars, guys.

The funny thing, is that my deeply Christian parents in Germany told me to keep my mouth shut and just see if they ask back for it.

They can't do shit once you're in Europe unless they're a global company like Apple

No, it is a shit IT sweatshop with highly unethical work practices. They bamboozle everyone from the Indian Dev office to the clients themselves. (I worked a lot of time with contracts, so I know the amount of "fixing" that we were required to apply in the billing sections)

Request the money back and in an event you don't return it, sue you for the amount and more

Stop using that bank account. Open a new account, switch all payments over, all automated shit over, immediately. Every time that money comes in, immediately withdraw it to somewhere like binance, then into your other account. Make sure the account has all lines of credit closed off from it. If a day ever comes where the payment doesn't come through within one day of it's expected time (disregard holidays) then go ahead and cancel that bank account immediately. Shut it down, never revisit that bank, be happy for the extra money. If they send you collections notices, ignore them. Your company should have a hard time tracking you down. The lawsuit will never come, they will write it off as a loss in taxes. This is not financial advice.

As thanks for this knowledge, I accept BTC at this address:

121eBaABRUyKrcvJWHLWy2nQSM6ryhAsdv

Attached: 1640223059992.webm (480x480, 2.05M)

Into monero. NOW.

I don't think most companies have the legal right to rescind money from someone else's account if it goes unnoticed for a certain period of time. However, if you signed some contractual agreement like says, they might have you.

Either way, if you're not receiving angry letters in the mail or notifications from your bank, don't say anything and let the good times roll, my friend.

I read through my employment contract right now, and there is nothing about them being able to simply take my money from my bank account. There is a whole page tho, about the uncompensated overtimes, lmao.

Thank you, sir

bullshit. only way that would happen is if youre still submitting timesheets or clocking in with a card key or something

Invest the money and if they ever ask for it back then return it and keep any gains

Well that is the thing. the company is disorganized as fuck. In my particular project, we were not even required to submit hours in Jira. So, I guess that is one of the reasons why this is happening.

Not if he’s salaried and they’re super incompetent