Where did things go so wrong?

Satoshi in 2009 knew Bitcoin could outscale VISA then and there - over 173 tx/s.

Now another payment pocessor (Mastercard) is sponsoring BTC Devs.

Why are we stuck at 7 tps when with old 2009 hardware we already could go much higher?

Attached: Over173txPerSec_2009.jpg (722x445, 64.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0BZoKH-hX_o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The jews killed BTC just so that BSV could be born .. they never won just temporarily fucked things

It doesn't matter, we can use other alts for TX speed and volume. It's basically this except like we have always said, if the Jews ruined BTC in any way, we could always migrate to another coin. And there are coins that are both faster, safer and more private than BTC for transactions. BTC is only as good as it store of value.

>2009

God please take me back. Ill put every penny into Bitcoin instead of dropping everything on MDMA and heroin and listening to MGMT all the time. Please God JESUS FUCKING FUCK PLEASE!!!!

Attached: Am+i+doing+this+correctly+_ff194079360d4256c8cb8b38ce04bdc7.jpg (500x667, 156.58K)

Satoshi was wrong, Hal was right
/thread

Attached: lnp-bp-bitcoin-talk-hal.jpg (2689x601, 117.19K)

2009 was the worst year ever

youtube.com/watch?v=0BZoKH-hX_o
da jooz did it
unironically

I agree Satoshi was a scammer

Hal was pretty dope, but did he know as much about Bitcoin as the creator who worked on it for minimum a decade more?

that's a pretty concide video addressing some issues

I was a sophomore in highschool
I would change many things

but I'm content. I'm lucky I am alive and never went to prison thank you Jesus

he did, satoshi was completely oblivious of the fact BTC can't scale, just as vitalik was unaware of the scalability problem and for whom it took 5 years to understand sharding is needed.

It really cant. If you want no cap real investment go all in on XMR

>XMR
>investment

You're joking right? It's been bleeding since 2017 while all other alts reached massive all time highs.

I had a pretty good year I remember shilling BTC to my roommate but not having any money to buy in. Holy fucking shit I would have probably sold by now but you never know.

Only because no one realises BTC is now at its ceiling

>satoshi was completely oblivious
I think Satoshi did tests on that. I doubt he just randomly threw out unbacked statements. Don't forget we're talking about THE guy who solved the byzantine generals problem and some more, and while Hal was a crypto and maths genius in a way all he did was come along and improve EXISTING ideas/things.

also, it was preposterous bordering outrageous to assume a cryptographic distributed ledger can EVER be faster than an equally technically able private non-consensus ledger. any blockchain, per-se, will always be slower than VISA even without addressing scalability.
speed was never a premise of cryptography.
the "satoshi" who was posting on bitcoin forums was not a creator of bitcoin but some sort of figurehead tasked with social contacting.

>Don't forget we're talking about THE guy who solved the byzantine generals problem and some more
yes, it would be strange indeed if the guy who wrote the whitepaper, the guy who coded, and the guy who posted on bitcoin forums were one and the same.

>yes, it would be strange indeed if the guy who wrote the whitepaper, the guy who coded, and the guy who posted on bitcoin forums were one and the same.
I don't see why it couldn't just be one person. Given that one really smart guy will outperform dozen mediocre ones and the problem bitcoin solved was not solvable by mediocre ones

VISA can be used with multiple currencies including bitcoin. VISA is not a currency, its a payment system. Bitcoin is not a payment system, its a currency. The bitcoin network can transfer balances in a way that is trust-less, censorship resistant, and anonymous. VISA and other traditional payments systems don't offer any of that and aren't comparable, so their scale doesn't matter. If you don't care about that than you can just use VISA to send bitcoin.

It's criminally undervalued and should at least be above Litecoin, Shiba and Doge.