/wfhg/ WFH General

Another glorious day sitting at home, doing absolutely nothing
... is what I'd say if it wasn't the 31st and I didn't have to do one Jira today to end out the month, carry on the spirit for me frens

Attached: 1623815351203.jpg (303x298, 33.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hpsbj0OoeNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll take up your mantle and do exercise in the home gym instead

Attached: 1626706358575.png (411x508, 127.03K)

>do one Jira
Are you a boomer?

We do jira too, I hate it so much

i do just enough so i have something to say at morning standup

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=hpsbj0OoeNo

I have 4 jiras in my queue rn I'm ngmi

I have like 10, but my supervisors aren't idiots and know there's only so much we can do, so unless they're marked as critical, we're allowed to pick and choose as we see fit

I have an interview at some start up with a 3 bil valuation, hopefully they can pay me more money for doing nothing. Been grinding leetcode though since i want something better. gotta play the game

This, you can literally make a board on github now, and i think gitlab does something similar.

I was referring to how OP calls a task or ticket "a Jira" like boomers call every game "a Nintendo"

oh true ya, they are just tickets to me. i do hate jira tho, just another thing to sign in to. Not as bad as Asana at least

please WFH gods teach me your ways..I bend the knee, how can I be like you

Attached: wojak despair.jpg (1722x1722, 1.91M)

just be yourself bro

get a bachelors in the following: CS or IT
go to college job fairs senior year
talk to people at the booths
dont be autistic

I cant understate the importance of a job fair at a college. The companies that attend literally only want to hire college grads there. They understand and expect you to have next to 0 work experience, though a resume with at least one summer job or internship is better than nothing. You will only be competing with your fellow classmates as opposed to applying online at indeed where the pool of applicants is 10x greater and you are competing with more qualified professionals.

I secured a job before I graduated (IT) and during the interview I asked them what experience they expected me to have for the position I applied for and they said "Nothing. You will learn everything on the job."

They want people who haven't yet been trained and learned habits from a previous employer so they can shape you according to their business needs and perspective. Fresh college grads willing to learn are perfect for that as opposed to boomers who have worked at 2 different companies over the past 20 years and are set in their ways.

Attached: wagiecage.png (960x976, 1.2M)

>Please provide proof of vaccination by April 1st, 2022

It's all over

Any solution engineers or sales engineers here?
I wfh doing nothing, currently in IT consulting shit (sales-ish work, but shit salary)
My buddy is a solutions engineer at a big tech company and might be able to get me an interview. I don't really have the best experience for the role, but I have an engineering degree and customer-facing experience. What am I in for? If I get this job, I'll nearly triple my salary

>work for government doing "data science"
>no one understands my work except me so i do, maybe 2-3 hours of work per week, yet get paid for 40 hours
>decided to pick up part-time work
>just got hired at a tech company for 20h at 60 hourly

kek, i told them i will work part time for 3 months and then move to full-time... so this is what it feels like to be a wfh winner. i dont even think im gonna quit my gimme gimme govvy job

Finished my first side project RFP. Going into the office this afternoon to be a hero and good example to others.

daily reminder that /wfhg/ is a psyop to get you fired. I work hard af every day and they do fire people for not pulling their weight. dont fall for the biz memes wfh frens! be fruitful and work hard you dont wanna squander away your wfh privileges

kys

i do not work in such a place but i am a dev and contribute enough so w/e. im sure if you do remote sales and dont make your numbers its less easy to obfuscate.