Redditor loses half a million $

pastebin.com/1kmbkxTd
>It's real
Oh no no

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-083312~2.png (1080x728, 106.06K)

FUTURE OF FINANCE

I don't understand why anybody would send even just $100 without triple checking the address is correct. Faggot deserves it for being a retard.

REWIND THE BLOCKS REEEEEEEEE

HAHAHAHAHA

The address was correct... the contract just didn't work like he thought it would.

what were they even trying to do...

thank you for the burn retard

Convert weth back to eth

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-085559~2.png (1080x699, 83.01K)

All he had to do was swap weth for eth but the dumb fuck had to fuck around with contracts instead of using uniswap.

If it's reddit chances are no that person didn't. It's some high estrogen "male" who saw it on etherscan and wants to pretend it was him for attention.

Slow fish

Attached: 1643516729624.jpg (532x339, 27.83K)

And thats a good thing

Maybe it's faggotry but on blockchain I always send 5-10% of my money first and if it's going through I send the rest of it. I've never lost a nickle but I am super cautious.

Attached: 1638974124521.jpg (651x814, 40.55K)

Some redditor loses money
We all gain a bit
Like a burn
Sweet

>basubad
jeet with a translator loses his scam bucks and creates a beg thread
God is good

Never lost a penny either but I always triple check addresses and always send a test transaction for a negligible amount.

surely they'd ask to see the transaction before handing out donations
there is a transaction, right?

DO NOT REDEEM THE WETH
I WILL REDEEM IT

If even crypto enthusiasts are scared of fucking up legitimate transactions how the fuck is this supposed to support normal use cases? It sounds like the exact same banking system we currently have needs to be built around it thus making it invalid.

The Tx is real, the redditor is a larper.

This is the most likely thing

Just call your blockchain they can reverse it OH WAIT YOU CANT LMAO

>people this fucking dumb have half a million dollars
just kill me already

You don't need to be. Interact through actual tools, occasionally check debank for exposure and that's it.

>didn't see anywhere that we shouldn't
but did he see anywhere that he should?

>crypto is a scam
>daddy biden save me

Half a million dollary-doos. $500,000.

Not exactly 'made it' money but think of all the things you could have done with that sort of cash. Could have purchased a nice house, in a nice neighbourhood, mortgage free for example.

That's a decade worth of Labor for average joe. How do you live with yourself after such a fuck up?

Attached: 1510551117264.png (645x773, 11.89K)

> decade worth
Average pay is about 40k then tax near half of that away and 500k is near enough a full working life.

It can be argued that crypto replaces cash, not bank accounts. You don't expect to be able to recover cash after throwing it over a bridge

He's a plebbitor. There's a high probability he's a sheltered trust fund babby. Even if he's not he deserves to lose it for being so retarded.

Attached: 1638612321535.gif (286x204, 843.67K)

I make $120k/yr on paper but it's closer to $70k/yr after tax. After adjusting for inflation and other things, it would take me several years to have the equivalent of added $500k to my pocket right now.

checked but why send even 10%? I just send like 10 cents worth and see if it works

I checked his post history, this dude was accumulating for years only to lose it all in one day lol

>no living expenses
Based

>accumulating for years
>doesn't know how to wrap ETH
>doesn't know not to send everything all at once

Attached: 1642220470346.gif (350x200, 3.83M)

he was replying to comments saying "he's fine" and that it's "no biggie". This faggot was clearly born with wealth and that's why he's so careless with it.

So is the money in possession of someone else and able to be used or is it lost forever in the void?

I’ve been on biz for 6 years but threads like this make my feel like 65 Iq because I really don’t understand what’s going on

he killed it

larp

Poor take.

Are some of you amerisharts for real ? People who make more then 50k a year in EU is a science fiction tale unless you steal or are corrupt , average pay in NA is what 1.5k per month not talking about high end paying jobs like doctors or university teachers. Most if not over 90% of the working class never saw 100k in their lives let alone 500k to play with ? Get a fucking grip you retards , this just shows the ammount of dumb neets like you that run around here.

> I’ve been on biz for 6 years but threads like this make my feel like 65 Iq because I really don’t understand what’s going on
It's okay. I've made half a mill (was at 2 mil before crash) and I don't know what a blockchain is. don't care either.

That would be "and other things". I food+utilities is like $350/mo anyways, not that much.
120k/yr is nothing special these days in America, it's like 85th percentile in the entire country and probably closer to 75th percentile in California where I live

crypto is... LE FUTURE

Where do u live ? This makes me feel better about myself as an American , I always knew europe was gay but I didn’t realize it was that bad. We are all doomed

Nah it’s wise

That's why "muh income mobility" is such a meme. Germs brag about the fact that it's easier to move from the 20th to the 80th percentile than in America, but there it's like moving from 20k USD to 40k USD, whereas in America it's 20k USD to 80k USD (and we have a lower cost of living too).

Kek. Sorry, my figures are in AUD as I am Australian. (Hence the shitpost)

50k pa is nothing special here. Minimum wage is approx. 40k p.a.

What I was trying to say is that Mr. Average on 50k per year would have to save 100% for 10 years with zero expenses to even have a chance of accumulating what OP lost in a second.

Attached: 526af6d1314c3ccc189afd662595699e.gif (420x420, 13.18K)

Baaed
Eth is a scam

More likely they saw it posted here and is larping about losing money in the desperate attempt that other people donate money to his wallet.
>”YIKES Fellow redditor, why don’t you post your wallet and I’ll send some money your way?

This, im a UK doc and i make 35k

There are people who still send money to indian microsoft techs and think penny stocks will make them millionaires. Nothing is ever fully idiot proof.

This is why I won't touch any layer 2s.
MATIC is good in concept, but having to go through setting it, converting weth to eth, constantly worrying you're talking to the right network is a grabage solution. I'd rather pay eth fees than deal with this

This is not chain problem but user problem

How? First year post registration and not including unsocial?

I'm a paramedic on £53k pre tax (not including overtime, for which I can get about £400 per shift)

Midwits will be left behind. Retards/chads will act on instinct while midwits hesitate and contemplate the consequences and miss the boat.

Attached: 1622993375524.jpg (1153x571, 231.05K)

What do I have to do to avoid this happening to myself?

Attached: stix.png (1280x675, 1.03M)

Why even bother with med school at that point. Start a private practice!

Just dont have $500k

That's what you get for socializing everything. Also take into account our high COL and taxes.

that's gotta be the most reddit post i've seen in a long time.
>burned half a million dollars
bullish for ETH.

> /

Don't use wallets

Nope F2 with plenty of nights

In the future the user interface will be improved to the level that it is literally impossible for retards to fuck it up.

>this is possible
>Hey guys why don't you want to replace your money with this shit

Attached: 1642182465338.png (528x438, 235.94K)

I do this too. Easy with Monero as the transactions are like a penny. I do the same thing with Bitcoin though, costs a bit more but I like the peace of mind.

fuck off

Kek I'm a plumber in the UK and I make £85k profit (pre-tax of course) annual.

They stopped the crem form gravy train I heard. F2 isn't complete waste of oxygen either like an F1 I guess thats pretty shitty but its only a year. Wife is an ST3 doctor and makes a lot more than £35k.

The future of banking. Lmao.

so where exactly does shit go when sent to the wrong address? what happens to it?

To the digital incenerator

If you were a welder like me you would make that in one year.

>faster horses

im a welder and i make 40k a year

This is what you're supposed to do

when you add a coin to metamask you can easily forget that the last address in the clipboard is the coins address and not the address you want to send to.

Attached: 1608140315654.jpg (680x572, 30.1K)

$500,000 is more than enough to buy a 4-plex and live like a feudal lord.

You’ll rise up lad. I’m top of my payband so my pay will stagnate from here on out.

this vitalik buterin.guy is a pedophile

i cant risk it

Attached: 0x00fac92e503e35411772661262d4e7a0b198f753.png (820x718, 203.1K)

kys

pathetic retard pajeet. kys indeed.
herbs all day

Just larp as a doctor and start your own practice? Sounds like a good idea. Probably should study enough that no one can call your bluff though.

This is how people on biz think. It's how a poor person imagines the best way to manage finances.

You never, ever, ever pay cash for a house if you have it on hand. You always get a mortgage. And if you don’t know why, it explains why you flocked to crypto in the first place to "make it".

Attached: 20220130_185328.jpg (4032x1816, 1.89M)

i do this everytime its over a couple grand

why would earth be green instead of brown?

It goes to the smart contracts coin balance. But there's no way to retrieve unless a function is there. Usually there isn't.

if you manage your money well 500k$ is enough to be free financialy

this

ETH is so fucking dumb

Why don't smart contracts have a return to sender -function? Can't think of any reason.