If you think you're having a bad day

If you think you're having a bad day...
This guy just sent 195 ETH to the Wrapped Ether contract.

Attached: 2022-01-30-000649_1314x265_scrot.png (1314x265, 52.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

etherscan.io/address/0xc02aaa39b223fe8d0a0e5c4f27ead9083c756cc2
etherscan.io/address/0xb1d71b7e0f94353e8cbf6fe68cd4dded7195afba
snowtrace.io//address/0xb1d71b7e0f94353e8cbf6fe68cd4dded7195afba
snowtrace.io/address/0xb1d71b7e0f94353e8cbf6fe68cd4dded7195afba#comments
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

did they end up doubling it

Oh man

So?

Will he die?

He just burned 500K dollars

By accident?
Or is he actually doing a contract

lol hes gonna anhero?

by mistake

Attached: 2022-01-30-003508_921x246_scrot.png (921x246, 51.5K)

he did a normal transfer function instead of withdraw so it's gone kek

Attached: 1643269856533.jpg (828x619, 159.34K)

lol probably a trust fund NFT newfag trying to bid on something on opensea
good riddance

rip poor user

Attached: loss.jpg (1764x1009, 103.31K)

Based retard

Does this mean 195ETH are taken out of circulation forever?

F

Attached: 8d5.jpg (1037x783, 118.76K)

He can call customer service to redeem

Why would you not do a test transaction? Can't say he doesn't deserve this. Dumbass.

Attached: 1643249985843.jpg (512x384, 93K)

yes, no big deal really

#BULLISH
#FEELTHEBURN
#ULTRASOUNDMONEY
#ETHWILLFLIPPENBTC

Yes, because they're inside the Wrapped Ether smart contract and can't ever get out anymore.

How does someone like this get 195 eth in the first place

Based. He's doing his best to counter inflation.

wtf is the wrapped ether contract and why is it a black hole

Attached: 1639064656362.png (1272x714, 1.2M)

I didn't check this contract but a lot of contracts have rescue functions for returning coins for this reason.

There is no correlation between smarts and wealth. Many smarties die penniless. Inversely there are colossal morons with more money than most of us will see throughout our lifespans.

It's the source code for the wrapped ethereum token

>trying to reverse that
he could've just... exchanged WETH for ETH

Attached: 1501777260129.jpg (641x530, 25.07K)

the future of finance everyone

If you use the contract correctly, it would swap weth for your eth and the reverse is possible too. This guy just used the transfer function and sent the eth to the contract.

Ether is the currency of Ethereum, but it is not an ERC-20 coin, that means Ether doesn't have capabilities such as approve spender, transferFrom, etc.
So Wrapped Ether was created, it's Ether but in ERC-20 form.

You deposit your Ether to this contract and it automatically triggers the deposit() function, which gives you WETH.

He wanted to swap back from WETH to ETH, and thought he just needed to send WETH.
But there's nothing in the contract which receives WETH and sends back ETH. You have to call the withdraw() function, which he didn't do.

There's a lot of money trapped inside the contract, more than a million dollars worth of mistakes, pic related.

Attached: Capture.jpg (675x420, 36.31K)

I would die of embarrassment. If this guy told anyone he was rich off crypto, then go and lose that much eth. Sweat baby jesus I could not cope.

*mail large check to the wrong address like a retard*
The future of finance everyone!!!

Holy shit. Thanks for the clear and technical explanation. Sucks for that guy.

I don't get why this mongoloid nigger fucked aroud with the contracts itself anyway, just swap it like a normal person on Uniswap or something

ty

>There's a lot of money trapped inside the contract, more than a million dollars worth of mistakes
the future of finance

They are unable to cash that check idiot

Yeah, there's a ton of mistakes like this in crypto. Even exchanges make mistakes sometimes too. Any oldfags remember when REQ got listed on binance and deposits credited you with 2x the amount of REQ? Some fags were able to sell their 2x REQ before they fixed the problem kek.

probably gonna kill himself

>the future of finance

Attached: 1642584328782.png (362x259, 89.86K)

Successfully trolled.
*dabs*

you literally stole my line fuck off

f

Attached: 1642992018970.png (519x781, 65.6K)

And that contract is immutable?

Yes

My deepest condolences, user. I did not reach your comment before posting, however. We both had the same idea. This is hardly surprising given the meme group-think this place instils.

etherscan.io/address/0xc02aaa39b223fe8d0a0e5c4f27ead9083c756cc2

Am I reading this right? 20 BILLION worth of ether in one contract?

Wew lad.

Attached: 1625715852494.jpg (736x555, 67.67K)

Ehhh...
I've transferred money to the wrong iban and the bank couldn't/wouldn't do fuck all...
So the point stands tbf

Yes. It's a 60 line, extremely simple contract. By the way, the guy is an AVAX fag apparently, you can see his activity in etherscan and snowtrace.

snowtrace.io//address/0xb1d71b7e0f94353e8cbf6fe68cd4dded7195afba

Have you seen fucking gas fees...
Who the fuck can afford a test transaction

sounds liek whoever made that contract is a shitty coder. That's retard tier api design.

>Am I reading this right? 20 BILLION worth of ether in one contract?

Yes 20 billion, but all that belongs to people who can call withdraw() and unwrap at any moment. Only the 1 million in various tokens is lost forever.

the future of finance everyone

>le future of heckin finance!

Attached: 1.png (225x225, 6.83K)

It's not really retarded if you think about it.

1. Why didn’t they use uniswap
Or
C. Why didn’t they just leave it wrapped

He probably owes a couple hundred thousand in crypto taxes too.

Attached: jeb1.gif (480x270, 751.12K)

That's not how the EVM work, the contract don't know that you're sending a token to it.

This is totally an user mistake.

Technically it does when the token you're sending is... itself. So one line of code could have fixed this.

Someone with around 500k in eth

Hahahahahaha, Just stay home and create Nfts dude, You could eve try IPs, would do well..There are solutions like DEIP that if you leverage well, You might be fucking BankMan-Fried.. STop talking suicide

Attached: e1.jpg (316x316, 21.38K)

hahahaha, Anons at it again, whats with the DEIP

i'm not a programmer so maybe this is a dumb question, but why didn't they just make the contract execute a swap upon receiving tokens? why does the swapper have to manually call a function?

damn weth finna bust homie copped a $500k airdrop sheesh

A web3 creator economy, does this whole IP shit. Thats all i know about the DEIP

future of money

Couldn't someone just fork this contract and add a function for sending tokens back if theres an error? Assuming the error amount can also cover gas fees.

Attached: 12oz.jpg (352x220, 9.18K)

Sad. 0xBTC could've saved him from this.

Fuck this hurts to read

Attached: clover.gif (245x195, 13.37K)

this is why even if I know something will work, I ALWAYS send a piss poor amount first and verify it went to another wallet to avoid roping

this, reminder that when Vitalik got those dog shitcoins dropped into his cold wallet?

He literally wrote a special purpose smart contract from scratch to ensure the dog coins in his 300,000+ ETH wallet were reliably transferred out without fucking up anything else. I get stressed whenever I even remotely fuck with my wallets that aren't on exchanges.

Attached: biz.png (2024x1870, 202.67K)

>career felon, fraud of over 100M
>just a mistake bro
funds are sifu

>He wanted to swap back from WETH to ETH, and thought he just needed to send WETH.
>But there's nothing in the contract which receives WETH and sends back ETH. You have to call the withdraw() function, which he didn't do.
or you know just use any dex to unwrap like a normal person?

Attached: 1633776418290.png (571x740, 234.84K)

Did he lose his entire net worth?

>Couldn't someone just fork this contract
>just change the official WETH contract bro!!! so easy!!!
stick to deploying safemoon scams in remix

What’s so scary about doing transfers. You just copy and paste the freaking correct address and hit send

libertarians fap to stuff like this

We are talking about serious amounts of money. Not rupees, you dirty jeet.

eth for example has adopted/implemented many features from forks
if its better and open source why wouldn't they endorse it

Can someone explain how a person like this got half a million dollars?
Judging by his wallets yes

there is never a reason to manually send tokens to a smart contract address

I only mess with wallet addresses when I'm sending mid 5 figures and up at once. One wrong character in a long, disorienting string of ostensibly similar digits and letters is the difference between a successful transfer and an immutable loss of tens if not hundreds of thousands. Poof. Gone.

QR scans are the worst because I can't help but think that one dead pixel on the screen / a dark speck that dried / blurry camera could be responsible for this as well

The future of finance

qa won.

He's stifu the guy from wonderland he's autistic or smth he's fucking weird

wtf r u doing? u disgusting pig.
dont do that shit again. if u think u got something important to say. eleborate. dont swine up the board u piece of shit.
and anyway who the fuck is qa? and what did he win? u mean quality assurance?
god i hope u rope soon

Attached: 040 (1).jpg (882x624, 74.03K)

This is why crypto will never be a thing, normies are too retarded to be trusted as their own bank.

he's a fag
that kind of behavior is sort of their thing
they also do that
>quote whatever you said and put basedjak into picrel
thing
honestly it's glorious, i love that

Damn thats a lot. To think that i once had 350 eth, but luckily i cashed out 1mil $ and now only have 10 eth lol

Nobody tolerates /qa/ apart of their own Any Forums crowd.
Go wank your dick somewhere else.

HOW DO THESE PEOPLE EVEN GET THE CONTRACT ADDRESSES FROM

who made that image? its kino

this is bullish for RARI

how will he sleep at night?
yikes not me

he said his test transaction was converting ETH to WETH in the first place but then assumed it worked in both directions

Fucking kek how did this get no replies. Fpbp

He can get it back in maybe 5 years when the entire Ethereum ecosystem collectively agrees to upgrade the wETH contract. He'll probably an hero in the next couple days though... unless he's just a retarded whale with millions somewhere else. Oh boy.

They should use all the eth that gets trapped in the contract to fund development. Fuck these dumbasses

I don't know what wETH is but I sure find this hilarious

Thats what I figure. Just wait on it. Eventually as the tech gets better so will the error checks. The same has always been true for software. Early software with less error checks are the reason most programs crash. User does a thing that the program did not anticipate and its only solution is to crash. I expect someone will improve the wrapped contract at some point and release those trapped ether as long as it cant be exploited.

wETH is women ethereum, it's ethereum for women

Why did you need to do this? Stop being a retarded nigger.

>not doing a test transaction first
ngmi

Dude was STAKING mad AVAX

snowtrace.io/address/0xb1d71b7e0f94353e8cbf6fe68cd4dded7195afba#comments