This is the start of AEW's Invasion angle

Another day another major WWE event and Cody still has not signed with WWE. People claimed he would be in Saudi Arabia. Omega even mentioned it. Nope. If he wasn't going to resign with AEW why would he wait until now to negotiate with WWE. He was not under contract so he could have had talks with them and had a deal in place in case he didn't resign. You'll sooner see Cody at a NJPW Strong taping than a WWE event. It's all a work. Here's what I think he is doing
>Claims he is no longer under contract to AEW
>Flirts with WWE but doesnt sign
>Instead goes on to appear in other feds like Impact, NJPW, GCW etc
>Proceeds to talk shit about AEW and everyone in it at every stop
>Because all these feds have working relationships with AEW Cody seems to be a rogue but is still under the same umbrella
>Let's Kahn talk more about the Forbidden Door and how even though Cody is talking shit he is happy to let him fight or appear on AEW at any time
>This all culminates with Cody getting a title shot for the AEW championship as a babyface tries to "shut him up"
>Because Cody is "no longer under" AEW contract he can fight for the title
>Wins title and "holds it hostage"
>Forms a "WWE" stable, and AEW goes all in with their own "Invasion" angle
This let's Cody reset himself and get from out of the "I will never compete for the HW title" stip he put on himself. With all these ex-WWE guys in play do you really think Cody doesn't have people who want to work major angles with him? Plus Kahn loves rehashing old shit, and now his roster can legit be split between the AEW "originals" and the WWE invaders. He even has Sting for fuck's sake. This will eventually lead to Kenny returning and the other VP's turning face along with him. Kenny set up the fucking angle in his podcast. He stated he never saw this thing with WWE being a war. Only Cody saw it that way. That is the fucking angle. Cody will be the one who starts this invasion war with AEW.

Attached: cody-rhodes-696x392.jpg.optimal.jpg (696x392, 46.57K)

wizorked

You're putting in the work, brother. A little more work in the undercard and this'll be a main event-level post along with Jake the Snakeposter.

>Adrenaline, in my soul
>Every thought, out of control
>Do it all to get them off their feet

Or Cody comes back, with his first match back being one against MJF where MJF is baited into putting Cody's career versus MJF waiving the "Cody can never challenge for the world title" stip if Cody wins.

Cody beats MJF and the stipulation is waived.

Simple solution to the storyline.

Yea but when has Khan shown a want to do anything simple in terms of booking? He wants this Invasion angle, and it works to make Cody the biggest heel in AEW. Bigger than MJF. Bigger than Jericho ever was. This is the slow burn story "that has never been done before" that Cody said he wanted to do.

What's this obsession with Cody breaking the "never challenging for the HW title" stip? Who the fuck wants to see Cody as the champion?

>Who the fuck wants to see Cody as the champion?
Cody. I mean who wanted to see Page as champion? Tony? I feel like Cody has been setting this idea up since the start. He has always positioned himself as the outsider of the VP's. He's always been the guy giving the nods to HHH and WWE.

Hangman was over as fuck chasing the belt, everyone wanted to see him become champ, but unfortunately no one wants to see him hold it. No one wants to see Cody be HW champ he was barely tolerated in his last TNT title run.

Cody is going to make some dvd movies guys, he hates WWE, has no power in AEW and every other promotion will not give him as much money as he wants. He actually thinks he's the next John Cena/Rock and that Khan will give him a million for one date in the future. The only thing that would make him go to WWE would be Brandy being a top star besides him and that is never going to happen

>heddokannon

If he was a heel champion it would work to build a baby face to take it off of him. Sort of what they wanted to do with Omega but Omega is a shit heel.

You're all being worked in 2022. He obviously is still with AEW

There is no 4D chess plan, Cody simply hated the fact that he moved mountains to be a superhero babyface and got rejected by fans, and Tony was lowballing him contract wise due to Brandi being ratings poison

There has been absolutely nothing that shows Cody has left this company. He has shows with WB. All he has done is social media shit

Cody is so cool

Newsflash, not everybody is as publicly vindictive as Vince is

cody's is saying he's retired now, definitely a work

Cody hasn't been vindictive either. He just also hasn't done anything that shows he is done with AEW other than a weird social post. Has anyone in WWE's offices acknowledged talking to Cody? No.

This is how you work smarks in 2022. With social media and fake quittings, signings and shit. You people are being exposed as twitter faggot twats t

He didn't say he's retired, he said retirement looks like a mongrelized toddler

So you think he's going to WWE or not?

I don't know, all I know is wherever he goes he must also bleach

If this was a work WWE would have zero interest in having their name used to get this angle over. They could just issue a corporate statement that they have no interest in Cody Rhodes and kill the whole thing. Their silence is the give away that he's going there.

>thinks wwe needs to send out press releases over internet rumors
Holy kek