Billy Gunn BURIES spotmonkeys and flippyshitters

>During a recent episode of Busted Open Radio, AEW’s Billy Gunn spoke about the younger wrestlers on the roster. He revealed the one thing he’d like them to improve upon — doing less. The Hall Of Famer spoke about how their bodies cannot handle what they’re doing.

>“Back down on half of the stuff that they do,” is what Billy wants them to do. “That, for me, is the biggest thing. There’s a time and a place to crack out all of your stuff. But I feel that they’re so young, they do not realize that their bodies are not going to be able to take this. So, they literally go out there, and it’s not that they’re working hard. They feel like if they don’t do all their stuff, they’re not working hard. That’s not the case.”

>“If I am with an extra and I have four minutes on our YouTube show, I don’t have to do a 450, and a Spanish Fly, and everything in my arsenal every single time I am out there. I feel they don’t know how to go, ‘okay, I want to do this and this. So, let me workaround to get to this, so I get the most out of that move.’ But it’s just move after move, after move, after flip, after dive,” he said. “They don’t structure matches like a psychologist would structure stuff.”

>“I think one of the things is they’re not letting the people get emotionally invested in them and letting them absorb what their personalities are. Because they just go, go, go, go, go, and the hardest thing for people to teach is don’t do anything and get the most out of it, and then selling. It’s just go, go, go and the people never have time to catch up. They think just because the people are making noise, they’re over. That’s it, ‘I am it. Did you hear the people?’

wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/02/billy-gunn-wants-aew-wrestlers-to-focus-on-characters/

Attached: billy gunn (58).jpg (1200x1200, 128.93K)

>“Yeah but, they don’t know you, they’re just popping on the move stuff because they can’t do it. It’s just a reaction to something you’re doing and it’s forgotten about the next time somebody walks out of the tunnel. So I think a lot of it is not letting people into what their character, or who they are.”

If only they were 6'5" with the body of a Greek Adonis

Manletts with shit physiques shouldn't be wrestling on TV

This. I need my wrestlers to be sexy hunks of manmeat

based

I want to cum on Billy Gunn's face

Based Ass Man spittin facts

Based Billy. Also, wasn't there leaked audio of him like 10 years ago to an ex or something like that where at some point he literally screams "I fucking hate jews!"

I swear I clearly remember that being a thing that got memoryholed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Just looking to give credit where credit is due.

Based Billy Bitchcakes.
Less is more is a rule of storytelling since stories began, but zoomer wrasslers with their 3 minute YouTube clip attention spans don't get that so think every 3 minutes has to contain something ultra clippable or memeworthy.
Started out an AEW fan at first but it is a bad sign that a 50something Billy Gunn still looks better than half your roster.

>but it is a bad sign that a 50something Billy Gunn still looks better than half your roster.
I'd say 50something Billy Gunn looks better than half the roster of every roster, everywhere, ever

Look at that gay ass belly button tattoo kek

Why is this thread so gay?

>They think just because the people are making noise, they’re over. That’s it, ‘I am it. Did you hear the people?’
bam. I keep telling you faggots crowd noise doesnt equate to overness

While I agree with him, it's pretty much impossible to get over now unless you do some crazy moves that nobody has seen before. Nobody actually cares about wrestling except smarks

You just posted in it

>it's pretty much impossible to get over now unless you do some crazy moves that nobody has seen before
this isn't remotely true. most of the people who are top-level over in AEW don't do any acrobatic spots at all

Flippyshit is on the way out. They should try shoot style.

Watch any Danielson or Punk match and they aren't doing 10 moves per minute since they're often doing some form of psychology like taunting, selling, etc. Billy is basically saying to pace the match properly to build your character and take care of your body.

>Danielson and Punk
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

>top-level over in AEW
aka virtually unknown to anyone other than redditfag smarks

they spam moves though

Who gives a shit what this jobber thinks. He’s the Jannetty of fucking Road Dogg for fuck sake. Him and Al Snow should get together and jerk each other off about how much they know about the business they never drew a dime in. Wrestling has evolved that slow shit style doesn’t work anymore.

>But it’s just move after move, after move, after flip, after dive
AEW in a nutshell

If that was true then more people would be watching the new more exciting version of wrestling than what came before but they aren't because they don't find it interesting. Evolution implies more fit for survival. Spotfests aren't working.

austin was 5'11

He’s shoot 6 foot 2 I met him in person and I’m 6 foot 3

Eddie kingston is currently one of the most over guys in AEW and he just does basic brawling with the occasional suplex

>promotion he's paid probably his best salary ever by was built by indie shitters who built a large fanbase through doing high spots
>has never actually drawn a dime himself, or had a large fanbase
what kinda cognitive dissonance do you have to have to still hold this opinion, even if you hate flips? is it some kinda cope

Every Danielson match in AEW has been absolutely dimes