Its a work

Cody is finally getting a AEW world title push and they booking a CM Punk's summer 2.0 except with Cody doing it because Tony Khan is a mark and le pipebomb is smarks favorite era of wrestling
>but the dirtshits
TK has them in his pocket they will report whatever he tells them, remember how Meltz "didn't know" about CM Punk being signed?
Cody was the cornerstone when AEW was launched, he basically connected TK with all of the backstage people that knew how to run a wrestling fed, the Young Cucks Elite couldn't do it they are career indy shitters and couldn't possibly know any professionals in the industry. Cody agreed to hold his mainevent title run in the beginning for a promise that he will get it later and if you think that this promise wasn't inked after the way he was treated in WWE you're even bigger mark than TK.
Cody will get AEW world title and "leave" to wrestle on the indies, get some heat then come back.

Attached: cody-rhodes-2.png (695x436, 384.74K)

> The Codster retires to his mansion to breed his ebony queen. Whilst the sheets and the nerds throw dirt on his name dude. They’ll tell you he’s out, that nobodies got his back jack. But fear not Codamaniacs, because you know the truth, you know that with the meta gimmick, the 24” neck tattoo, and the support of all the Codamaniacs all over the world. That this brother, this is going to be the greatest work of all time. And when all is said and done, and The Codster stands there AEW world title held high over my head. The Meltzers and the Gayde Kellers of this world with egg on their face, that you were never worked brother, you always believed in the power of Codamania

I believe brother

Attached: A3BE035F-3878-49C4-A68E-FE93F70BF5C0.jpg (641x530, 49.29K)

nah

It's definitely a work, people bought up the dirtsheets claims hook Line and sinker, Cody is the Marlon Brando of pro wrestling

>finally getting an AEW world title push
>the push on which he signed a contract with the provision that if he lost to Jericho, he'd never chase it for as long as he's under contract
>contract that's now gone just like Blandi's bloat

I feel it's a work too.
His whole run from start to today has been nothing but yanking the chain of the fans.
Everything he did, he did it to make fans beg him to do something different.
The marks wanted him to be the first AEW world heavyweight champion, so he did a programme where he would lose and never be allowed to compete for the title under contract.
They want him to be the badass wrestler's wrestler, so instead of just ploughing a truck into the arena and bursting out like Stone Cold did he and the team do a fucking awful job of that spot and lay it on really thick so even the marks get frustrated with it and beg him to do something different.
Then he does a programme as the American Dream versus some Englishman because people want him to be like his daddy, and instead of being like his daddy he chooses to produce real-life politics in a fucking promo.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is good or brilliant.
Cody does what the fans don't want him to do, by any means necessary.
And now he's gone so far as letting his contract run out so the fans beg for him to come back and beg harder and harder for him to get his title run, new contract means the stipulation no longer applies.
That's the point of these weird and retarded shenanigans. Get the crowd so worked up, so fanatical, so markish that it creates a momentum that gets noticed by people who don't give a shit by wrestling and think AEW is gay.
"If there's such a buzz, there must be something worth bussing about".

> AEW is gay

Facts

Part of me won't take it as a work if he isn't at Strong. But also, I wonder if we're gonna see some people get mad they weren't let in on it because of OPSEC, if it turns out to be a work.

>It's a work
How does AEW make money from this? They don't, because alleged news articles don't make aew money. It's a shoot, and when Cody shows up in WWE there will be a lot of cope here

It is really amazing, he's got mainstream news running stories on this when the hell was the last time the mainstream news ran a story on a wrestling angle? You can't buy publicity like this, 3 days ago people were all buzzing over the rumours of Austin returning and now all anyone can talk about is Cody who would have believed that that could be possible that someone could make more of an impact than a possible Austin return, it's insane

I thought it was a work but Luke Harper's wife sperging out on twitter yesterday confirmed it wasnt as far as im concerned. Either shes an amazing worker or it's real

There's also no way they wouldnt tell her if it was a work. They gave her Brandi's job and she's Luke Harper's widow so they would definitely clue her in if it was actually a work

Mainstream news articles are publicity money can't buy, it's a work

Go into town and ask people about Cody leaving AEW.

Or, they three people who know anything told other people something that wasn't true, to keep it covered. If you were doing something big enough that you were letting the actual contract expire, you wouldn't add any potential holes you didn't need to.

But it's Luke Harper's widow and they gave her Brandi's job. They would definitely clue her in and not let her embarrass herself on twitter. They wouldn't work her

Based.

Nah, something this big, ANY potential leaks could scupper the moment. A work where they actually had the contract expire is a big deal, with a lot of trust being placed in everyone's corner. No one outside of the people themselves and the lawyers should know anything other than the official story they want to reach the dirtsheets.

Here are her tweets for those who didnt see them

Attached: 1645024779027.png (606x1175, 102.69K)

You really think they would work Luke Harper's widow? How do you think that would play out when it's eventually revealed as a work? It would be a PR disaster

Oh, and if you just say "we tell no one" then sure, maybe one or two people feel hurt they aren't special. But that's better than picking and choosing, and then a bunch of people who weren't clued in DEFINITELY feel like they're not as valued/trusted. And if you tell everyone it WILL get out.

There's no way this man is that much of a mark for himself. It has to be a work.

nah you're a work

I think no one would give a shit, and it works better than any alternatives, see my other post.