NJPW Golden Series Night 9 Gamethread

Tonight's card:
>Opening Match:
Tomoaki Honma vs. Ryohei Oiwa
>Tag Team Match:
BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi vs. DOUKI & Yoshinobu Kanemaru
>Six-Man Tag Team Match:
Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Hirooki Goto & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Dick Togo, Yujiro Takahashi & EVIL
>Six-Man Tag Team Match:
Ryusuke Taguchi, Togi Makabe & Toru Yano vs. TAKA Michinoku, Taichi & Minoru Suzuki
>Singles Match:
Satoshi Kojima vs. Great-O-Khan
>Six-Man Tag Team Match:
Yuji Nagata, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi, SANADA & Tetsuya Naito
>Special Singles Match:
Tiger Mask vs. Gedo
>Special Singles Match:
YOH vs. SHO
>IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match:
Master Wato vs. El Desperado (c)
Show starts in 25 minutes!

Attached: main event.png (1920x1080, 3.42M)

Whats this an NJPW show at a somewhat reasonable time?
Am I gonna stay up for Master Wato?
Yes.

Hey look, it's Honma!

I'm getting McDonald's before the show starts, you guys want anything?

Attached: 1642931076917.jpg (600x400, 181.29K)

Oh shit, English commentary! I thought I saw Kevin at a previous show, extra exciting if this is live

>McDonald's

Attached: fuck.png (389x385, 169.98K)

New announcer sounds good
>Honma's theme
Bros...

Hey question I missed the past 3 days did I miss anything of note

I just want Dragon Lee, man.

Watobros tonight is the night.

You've only really missed leadup matches. I thought it was fun but aside from Yano and Suzuki teasing the KOPW stipulations ("dog cage deathmatch" and handuffs) you didn't miss anything with real impliications for the major shows. This one and the following Golden Series shows will have the matches with titles on the line and special singles matches.

This building is fucking weird. It's like a shrunken-down modern arena but even under pandemic conditions the building is always excessively cut off

First Honma singles win in over a year, I'm happy for him

Attached: honma winner.png (1920x1080, 1.48M)

Dead fed AEW better

Why they stopped live stream?

That was the opening match, we're back in 15 minutes

thank you friend if I am honest I saw the cards and the times and was just not able to invest. As much as I'd love to watch NJPW as someone who lives on the east coast this somewhat difficult at times. I really set aside the g1 as the definitive I will watch it all as it airs. Any big night I watch I try to watch as much as I can but the way they structure the WTL and BSOJ and how sometimes they dont even air live air around the same time and alternate its a lot. NJPW is the only wrestling I watch that isnt the royal rumble and wrestlemania. This years rumble sucked by the way so any chances of me being like yea maybe its time to go back and give it a look were as expected dashed. Was good for all the half naked women.

I don't watch all of it live either but I watch at least 80% of the stuff I miss when I have time. I still think the road to shows are fun but they're not vital enough for me to mess with my schedule to catch.

My family and my fiance get annoyed during the g1 run. My fiance not so much even though I am watching it while she sleeps next to me. My family hates knowing that I'm watching that shit for basically a whole month and prioritizing my time for that and to sleep when I can or during the day. Unless I am working but even then I've had the benefit of njpw not competing with work.

>Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Hirooki Goto & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Dick Togo, Yujiro Takahashi & EVIL
The more time YH is gone the more I fear HOT is definitely winning them in whatever they do with the tag belts

I'm lucky to have a job where I can slightly offset my sleep schedule and catch all the G1 dates, so I'm making sure to take advantage of that while I can.
God, I hope not. YH should get a good while with the gold now.

BASED DOUKI SPOOKING KEVIN INTO SHAPE

Has Master Wato improved? His gimmick seems to hinder his likeability

OHMYGOSH

I don't care how based his masks are.
MAN FUCK BUSHI

Have a great show lads!

he stays improving user. Have faith on the way.

B U S H I R O M U
Their tag theme is so fucking good
Depending on when you're comparing to, the answer is either yes, or yes a massive amount. His BOSJ run this year was great.