WWElite

I know this place it for shitposting and 92 meme, but legit bummed out about what's happened to AEW. The Elite, Jericho, Moxley, Best Friends, the Lucha Bros, and all the other originals made AEW a genuine mainstream alternative to the WWE. It was a good mix of talent. Some were a little rough around the edges, or working gimmicks which were fine on the indie scene, but not for a causal audience, grunted. But as time went on they developed, creating an unsaid, but obvious arch to get invested in. Did AEW had growing pains and problems, of course, but for the most part it was its solid piece of wrestling content that had an identity that was it's own.
What really gets me is that it was this band of undesirables who beat WWE and NXT. The audience made a decision nearly every Wednesday Night. They would rather watch interesting characters, decent storylines and fun exciting matches, then formulaic, bland, albeit very good wrestling.
AEW was unpredictable, it was thrilling, you could have a show we a balls to the walls insane spot tag match, followed by a smooth, solid work rate match. It was the Rock n' Roll to WWE's sterile Pop.

Attached: AEW-Extended-Cover.jpg (1400x700, 263.99K)

But since the arrival of CM Punk, the product has been dying by degrees, and the signing of Keith Lee only further cerements that. I simply do understand why Tony Khan is replacing his original guys with the people that they beat. And before people like say “No user, give Lee, Gargano and the others a chance, they're really good!”
Maybe they are, but to be honest, if I wanted to watch them... I would have watched NXT. But I didn't because it, and they, didn't interest me. AEW did interest me. AEW was a refreshing blend of familiar and new, a nice blend of some of the best (and worst) elements of wrestling. It wasn't to everyone's taste, but it was appealing enough that they built a solid following that was organically growing – despite direct competition from the WWE.
But now? Now its no longer that refreshing, different drink among all the cans of Coke. It's now just Diet Coke...

Attached: 1644162454529.jpg (560x560, 104.48K)

>its bad because…it just is ok!

>OP outlines their problems with what's happened to AEW. AEW fan doesn't address or deny it.

>The Elite,
Bucks are wrestling on Friday.
>Jericho,
Wrestled two weeks ago, wrestling next week.
>Moxley,
Literally wrestled yesterday night.
>Best Friends,
Wrestling on Friday.
>the Lucha Bros,
Wrestled last week.

Completely and utterly disingenuous concern trolling.

Ah shit, you've exposed me! I can't wait to see Private Party, The Hybrid 2, Butcher and the Blade, Peter Avalon, the Wingmen, Sonny Kiss, Ricky Starks, Will Hobbs, Jake Hagar and all the others (minus the ones who are injured - Kip, Miro, Darius, Kenny) on Dynamite and not fucking jobbing or being replaced by NXT guys. Yeah, that will be super swell.

There are some people in the originals that should have never been signed in the first place. There were A LOT of people who had no idea how to work for tv and the criticism before was that the roster was full of shitters and the women's division was abysmal. AEW was pitched from the very onset to be about the free agent market. They used the free agency market to make their roster more elite. Which in turn always implied that if you can't find your place then you will be let go after your contract is over. They have the greatest modern day roster currently. I don't personally care that they took a lot of wwe's potential and top guys because they are top guys. I feel like at this point, yes, I do not want them to take more guys from wwe. I really only want the briscoes and then they can cool the debuts. I want them to focus more on story telling and tightening the screws on in RI g psychology and referees. Even then, they are the best American promotion and Impact is becoming a good 2nd.

So is it going back to TNT after hockey is done or is it permanently on TBS now?

Tbs was a permanent change. They'll only ever be bumped a couple days for baseball.

Please do the needful son of a bastard bitch sir

Yeah, the Briscoes would be great, but in regards to your point - how do you get over if you're not given time to get over or you're used as enhancement talent?

I like how everyone OP listed in the Original post is still getting frequent screentime every show

Fine speech

>Green team
>Jobber team
>Injured team
>No longer contracted jobber stable
>Jobber
>Shows up almost every week
>Shows up almost every week
>Barely wrestled even in the early days
lol

I actually agree with this. As soon as AEW started bringing in every single shitter WWE dropped (Alistair Blacked, Atom Cole, Big Show, Mark Henry, Brian Danielson, Semen Punk, etc), it just feels like, as you said, Diet Coke. I think the last signing they actually got right was Miro because he was a star with potential that was misused...the rest of those people are either past their prime or can't draw a dime. then they overlook someone like Bray Wyatt that people might be interested in to sign the likes of Tony Nese, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish, and Keith Lee. yeah, they'll really put asses in the seats. not saying Bray would be a home run signing but I would take him over the four listed combined anyday.

Hobbs & The Wingmen aren't originals

They all have matches on dark and dark Elevation. I think the problem with those shows is how the format changed after the pandemic. Those shows used to be linked to the main show in a significant way but when indie wrestling shut down it became full of squash matches to give jobs to the indies. If they put more emphasis on their importance then people will tune in more. There's also an issue of backstage. They don't have writers and wrestlers are required to be pitching their stories and ideas. Some have admitted that they got lost in the shuffle because they dont have ideas for themselves. Unless you're a prospect that Tony will specifically make room for then you need to be able to come up with something. Jack Evans, Joey Janela, Swole, and several others have admitted to this. While I don't think they need a full team of writers, I think hiring 2 or 3 people to consult and tighten storylines together would be a boon for them.

>Cole
>Wight
>Henry
>Bryan
>Punk
>KOR

All dumped WWE.

Goddamn, AEW zealots are unbelievably disingenuous. Herr they didn't replace their top talent! No shit, retards. Clearly, you can't read -
> and all the other originals made AEW
Funny how you all forget that. The guys who helped fill dynamite, the guys who were their there during the pandemic. Yes, not everyone is going to be a top player, not everyone is going to be in the main event. But Tony is filling his roster with guys like Keith Lee, Adam Cole, Tony Neese, Bobbie Fish, Andrade at the expense of guys like Private Party, Hybrid 2 and the like...
Hobbs was signed during the Pandemic and so were the Wingmen.

>Concern trolls simping for sonny kiss
The pandemics over you know, you can at least try going out and having sex

all still old/dimeless

Are you the mythical aew fan who never followed anything else and don't get why NXT guys (former ROH, CHIKARA, GPW, etc) are being pushed over the guys they have obvious seniority?

>he actually wants to see kip sapian , the wingmen, and sonny kiss wrestle

obvious concern trolling. shouldnt this be against the rules

So not from the same crop as the Originals.

based retard

Every signing out of the fed has done the job to an AEW original. Your claims are baseless

Attached: 4884b-16438947212874-1920.jpg (1920x1080, 157.21K)

For me? It's pretending Hybrid2 ever got an actual push or real TV time. They rarely showed up even in the early days lmao