Did people really prefer DX over NWO? What was the appeal?

Did people really prefer DX over NWO? What was the appeal?

Attached: 62089b86f3b56e2515592588efe45b73.jpg (774x1000, 158.38K)

>Did people really prefer DX over NWO?
No.

DX was never as popular as NWO, but DX was popular nonetheless. Their segment/promos don't hold up though.

Did people really prefer DX over NWO?
yes
What was the appeal?
said edgy outrageous shit on TV and i was 13

>nWo cosplays as the 4 Horsemen while feuding with them because Hulk likes working with Ric Flair
>DX cosplays as the Nation of Domination complete with going blackface because HHH shoot hates niggers.

That's why

WWF revisionism makes it seem like DX immediately became the cool faction, and NWO was played out.

There was no preferring one over the other, that's WWE revisionism to think they were in any way comparable or on the same level.

No but they were over, Chyna was the draw

No and DX was tryhard edgy comedy heels.

This. It's a false dichotomy from the start.

I remember as a kid thinking how big they'd be if the biggest stars in wrestling history weren't there at the same time. I will say that the most relevant the European title ever was when HHH held it as the leader of DX and would actually defend it.

This.

DX was ok, but no one growing up at that time would've ever said they were in the same league as the NWO. Both were enjoyed but DX were a popular midcard act that told "lolhorny" jokes. NWO at its peak felt like a external takeover of an entire company -- keep in mind, I'm speaking from a 10-year-olds perspective of that time.

DX was fun, but NWO was dangerous.

>European title
Literally the first WWF meme title, before the Hardcore championship.

DX was Shawn Michaels only existed for a few months, but they were genuinely dimes for a short while. As soon as WM14 ended and Shawn left it became a midcard faction and had little to no impact on the ratings war, in spite of what the Gaitch-led historical revisionists at WWE will tell you.

they didn't have 92 members

Some did but not overall. nWo was a completely different animal. DX was still megaover in WWF, it's hard to explain but back then the majority didn't care or pay attention to the ages (30+ playing as immature teenagers) it was just about the attitude.

You want to know how big the nWo was? A member joining DX is what got them over.

Attached: syxxpac.jpg (642x361, 61.21K)

>Dimes
>WWF explodes in popularity after HBK retires
>WWE starts the downward spiral after he unretires when Austin retired

>dx over nWo?
Mostly closeted frat boys who watched too many Brad Pitt movies and had jonathon taylor Thomas posters on their wall in Jr High. Notice the most masculine of this incarnation is Chyna.

WWE started declining as soon as the invasion angle ended

Attached: bWo.png (327x246, 155.38K)

Wrestling's first "reddit" meme before reddit was a thing

i dont know. after dx buried owen i stopped watching wwf til smackdown started