WE WILL STAY WITH THIS MAIN EVENT FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES

>WE WILL STAY WITH THIS MAIN EVENT FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES
>always ends at 9:59 EST

Attached: excalibur.png (566x749, 452.47K)

Maybe they'll get a random overrun one day. Bitching about that is nitpicking though.

who cares?

It's not special if there's an overrun every night. Remember how they had a match end during picture-in-picture and they only had to establish it once? It'll happen when it's worth it.

They’ve ended it at 9:01 twice and both times were with jungle boy lol

It was always based when WCW would go like 10 minutes over. It's not like theres anything good on after AEW anyway, is anyone gonna be pulling their hairs out if the Go-Big Show is on late?

Attached: 2T1S5cC.jpg (844x845, 63.43K)

Not knowing exactly when the show ends is crucial and something they need to work out with the networks. These precise finishes at 9:59 are indeed lame

we got em again E-Lords

they cant keep saying this then never doing it. its been 3 years of aew now and only ONCE did they go “””””over””””” time (1 minute) for a random jungle boy match.

i remember back in the /sp/ days we would have raw ALWAYS go an extra 15 minutes, if not up to 30 back in raws longest hay day.

remember when the WWF would always end shows with shit going on and you would have to wait a week to see the end of Bret Harts rambling promo where Hbk kicks him in the face

Yeah, it was literally every single week and you always knew it was there so it killed the gimmick. Then USA slapped them down and they aren't allowed to at all anymore

This is why I’ve said I like AEW world title matches opening the show. If the match opens the show you have no idea how long it’s going for, as opposed to opening with 30 minutes left and knowing straight away the match will go for 30 minutes. I’m hoping Hangman and Archer open the show next week, and I would have preferred Phil and MJF opened it yesterday.

I think that's fine. Timing is important to a TV show and consistently fucking around with it will get you in trouble with the network. Even USA and Fox hold WWE to finish on time.

Except with nxt which goes 5-9 minutes over for no reason

They always stayed as long as it took so he never lied

Attached: 153468198.jpg (716x403, 50.39K)

TV overrun is really pointless today. The reason WCW and WWF did it in the 90s, what's to steal viewers from the others. Doing it today is just more minutes for the sake of more minutes

>the matches on the show somehow always manage to fill TV time
>there’s never been a PPV where all the matches finished way earlier than expected
I think this is just one of those inherent things about wrestling that kills kayfabe but everybody just tolerates. At least AEW does the “TV time remaining” time limit gimmick. WWE has just never given a fuck.

Attached: 8C7E8255-A114-4AB1-9E46-AEA0176D05DC.gif (200x200, 698.77K)

NXT ain't getting renewed anyway at this rate.

I think WWE did a ple recently that ended early

Yeah I wonder what they would do if they finished the tv matches early. Probably just send out someone to give a promo or something like when eddie kingston did that “if you aint with aew you aint shit” promo

The first time I watched the ending of Raw it was the night they went off the air during that HIAC tag match where Austin was beating up Kane on top of the cage. I stayed up seething for like a half hour watching that gay news show and hoping it would somehow cut back to the match.

Attached: CFD18BEB-5381-4047-B1AB-CCEDB01D6980.png (828x1792, 1.39M)

>PLE
lol this will never catch on.