What in the FUCK went wrong?

Attached: Starrcade 97.jpg (1000x1545, 329.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/F_fh5MiETqI
prowrestlingnewshub.com/extra/how-wrestling-icon-steve-sting-borden-overcame-addiction/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Marks in the ring.

Hogan and Bischoff were bitches.

Bret was only a ref though

Sting didn't light Hogan on fire.

The fans wanted it.

To any mega boomers here: Did this feel like it would be the end of the nWo? Or is that just revisionist?

No tan

no

Nick Patrick was a shoot heel ref

Wasn't Hogan over though?

The build up was perfect. The match was a huge disappointment. I remember thinking what the fuck are they doing? Where are they going with those? I was just confused at the end and afterwards I started watching wwf more and more.

STINK didn't gtet a tan and in doing so killed the entire wrestling industry

I just remember being really confused and disappointed as a kid watching it. You gotta understand that this was the end of the greatest buildup during the hottest time in wrestling, everyone was talking about it from little kids to college kids to 45 year olds, then they fucked it up.

Sting was fucked up on pills and/or alcohol and that was enough for Bischoff/Hogan to say "he can't be trusted to be the guy". Without saying as much, Bischoff has implied that he showed up to Starrcade 97 like Jeff Hardy at Victory Road 2011

See 6 months later for how Hogan jobbed to Goldberg in the Georgia Dome as an example for how they would pull the trigger on "The Guy"

Sting took a break later in 1998 to go to rehab, become a born again christian and make sure his wife didn't divorce him/take his money.

He and HBK were going through the same problems at the same time. That's why they're christ buddies: youtu.be/F_fh5MiETqI

Exactly. I'll never forgive Bischoff and Hogan for screwing this up.

>actually believing Bischoff's lies

not their fault. blame stinger for being a big pill head and failing to get in shape or get a tan

>NOOOO HOW DARE YOUR SKIN NOT HAVE A BRIGHT ORANGE TAN
>I DON'T CARE IF YOUR ENTIRE GIMMICK IS A SHADOWY VIGILANTE WHO LIVES IN DIMLY LIT RAFTERS
What did Eric Bischoff mean by this?

It's wrestling; shit happens. Did Austin/McMahon have a proper blowoff?

Sting says it himself you dumb smark

>In their interview, Steve Borden and his wife Sue revealed the truth about substance abuse. When the wrestler began to lose control of his life and his family, he made a confession to his wife. It was in August of 1998. Steve told Sue that he was taking prescription drugs and drinking alcohol and was also honest on everything that came along with that.

>The confession was the beginning of a process that brought the self-sufficient and proud champion to his knees. Despite the shock, Sue didn’t leave. She encouraged the husband to go to rehab. But he refused.

>Steve’s brother was a Christian. And for years, he had been telling Steve about God’s love. And in one of the August evenings, Steve finally made a decision to ask Him for help.
prowrestlingnewshub.com/extra/how-wrestling-icon-steve-sting-borden-overcame-addiction/

No mention of starrcade you fucking mark

We're all brothers in Christ, Jack. And thats a shoot.

Based and Christ pilled

>Starrcade is December 1997
>It was in August of 1998. Steve told Sue that he was taking prescription drugs and drinking alcohol

do you think Sting's addiction problems started in january 1998?

Attached: 1631966665320.gif (200x183, 3.58M)

Do you have proof otherwise?