When did wrestling stop being cool?

Attached: Hollywood Hogan.jpg (1710x900, 97.62K)

when your mom caught you masturbating to it

Attached: gameover.gif (720x960, 177.4K)

It never was. No, the nWo wasn't cool

everyone had those shirts, bro

too sweet

Kids in school would spend time talking with their teachers about the nWo and Stone Cold; it was mainstream at that point

When you started watching

When Hollywood retired brother

no it wasn't,
Why do wrestlingtards always want some sort of mainstream recognition? the only thing worse is MMAfags.

No, wrestling isn't mainstream, never was mainstream, and will never be.

Attached: 1d3ae4eef928d5fbb4672bfd2bdc8e73_crop_north.jpg (1600x1067, 185.54K)

holy cringeola

2001 imo

>never was mainstream
Zoom zoom, little zoomer.
Yes, today's wrestling is strictly the domain of nerds and virgins like (You) but this wasn't always the case.

Attached: nf6hlirj2f1rg89a6o1.jpg (1248x718, 161.66K)

2002-2003

Young man, you have no idea what you're talking about.

In 99/2000 I remember seeing WWF and south park shirts everywhere. Everyone at school either liked wrestling, or thought it was gay fake shit but still knew of Mick Foley, Steve Austin and Rock anyway. It wasn't necessarily 'cool' to like wrestling because nearly everyone fucking watched it or knew someone who did. Almost every kid who I used to visit used to have stickers on their bedroom window, action figures or posters.

it was never cool with anyone older than middle school age. other people might watch to be entertained by it occasionally, but no one except kids think it's 'cool', the same kids who now think streamers and rainbow shitting unicorns are 'cool'.

Back in the late 90’s/early 00’s it most certainly was. Hard to believe now, but that’s the honest truth

Yes it was. I didn't even know what NWO was at the time when I was in middle school until a bunch of skaters, Gz, & jocks kept talking about it and reenacting it. Then The Rock & Stonecold came around from WWF which was just as over with middle school kids. I imagined is probably even more over with highscoolers at the time. Wrestlers back in the 90s were viewed as rockstars, and they often had the groupies & harems to back that up. It only recently became nerd shit during the 2010s, although it was niche during mid to late 2000s.
Modern wrestling ain't over at all, but that's coz everyone looks so fucking puny. Even Jap wrestling during the 90s was filled with titans. I'm not sure why everyone all over the world is so damn smol now.

It was never "cool", take off your nostalgia glasses.

As soon as you started watching it

Nobody gave a shit anymore once Austin retired and The Rock left for Hollywood

Nobody ever thought wrestling was cool. Just certain people within it like Austin and Rock. When they left and were replaced by some posing fag and a wigger, it was over.

I dunno mang. All I know is I can bring up nearly everyone from the Attitude era like Chyna or even the fucking Godfather, and damn near everyone who was alive back in the 90s will know exactly who I'm talking about. Wrestling was popular back in the 90s coz it used to be edgy and smutty. Things which are considered taboo in modern USA. It was taboo back in the 90s too, but the entire decade of the 90s & 2000s both had a large focus on edgy content until they suddenly became a bunch of pussies during the 2010s. To the point where fucking Trump of all people is considered 'edgy' to Americans. That's how fucking gay American people have gotten. Some damn Wallstreet faggot is considered edgy to them, lol

When people stopped listening to Disturbed and watching tabloid talk shows

>it was never cool with anyone older than middle school age
>he never watched Raw and Nitro with his bros in college in the late 90s
Definitely NGMI. All zoomers need to die.

This. The closest I've seen since the 2000 peak I observed at school would be maybe Cena 05/06, and DX in 06. They were still miles behind the AE though, nearly everyone my age knew what was going on. I remember sitting eating together discussing Carder throwing Mankind off the cell in like 99, and I think the cell spot was like a year before or something?

when black people started playing video games and emulate nba players. naturally, this gets compounded by the american fetish for following black trends and now we are here.

Attached: 4F1BE995-8893-45DA-A17B-583AEB667199.jpg (1124x2048, 362.04K)