So when did the whole “clean finish” thing got over with smarks?

Was it the rise of puroresu within smarky circles? I mean even in lucha they have screwball finishes to let the heel get heat. But now? Meltzer crows and copes with
> BUTS IT A BIG SHOW!!!
what the fuck? If you give the crowd everything they want you get the heat in aew, non existent. I don’t buy an Xbox expecting waifu rpgs , I buy it for shooters. So why are people expecting WWE to have clean finishes? How did this start?

Attached: 2186AE1E-A401-4E11-AC98-6F0DA45AEC85.jpg (693x493, 386.05K)

>thing got over

Good Morning Sirs!

I think people just get tired of the same DQ finishes all the time. It's like being forced to watch the same episode of a show over and over again.

There are a thousand ways to end a match in a clean win/loss. But there are only a few ways to do certain DQs, so they end up being really stale and fucking boring the more and more they're used. WWE uses them too much.

Attached: 1643482013943.gif (360x238, 1.43M)

good morning sunday morning

> people got tired of the same finish
Then why do people keep going to the shows? No let’s call them out. It’s the smarks

If anything clean finishes make a lot of guys much worse.

These two faggots are the examples I give. They still watch wwe , why? You’re still giving them clout. You fags do the whole #cancelthenetwork thing too ?

To be completely honest, WWE gives the people what they want more than AEW. Discounting the fuck finishes (of which there are a lot) you won't see Vince doing a roll-up finish or an instant tap-out for no fucking reason.
>Hit your finisher
>Pin them for 3
>Go home
You look strong because your finisher is good. The other guy looks strong because it took best move to beat them. And the crowd is happy because they saw the fucking thing they came to see.

>Then why do people keep going to the shows?
I don't know, shitty taste I guess? People watch absolutely awful shit on television and in the movies regularly so I'm never surprised by people being absolute fucking plebs.

More like they got used to badly done DQ's which every company does. The two at the Royal Rumble were much better done than usual, but 2 on the same show is a bit much. Ultimately it seems to be a result of plans needing to be changed because Omas or whatever was seen as a shitter when he couldn't have a good match with AJ, so they dropped his push, AJ couldn't win the Rumble because Carder wants him to do a carry job, Rock is coming next year, they are lukewarm on Drew, and Big E was seen as a flop. Lot of shit went sideways for them at once.

>shit went sideways
No, nigger, shit didn't just "go sideways." Everything you mentioned, Big E flopping, crowd being lukewarm on Drew, Rock supposedly coming next year but still being a quesiton mark -- all of these are directly WWE's fault.

Shit didn't just go sideways, user. They create their own problems.

I get you but these drones still watch wwe but claim to take a side in aew. They watch to complain with others and end up having the same opinion like…. Drones .

People were bitching about "Dusty finishes" in the early 90s in dirt sheets and early internet. I don't think it was necessarily the rise of puro interest in tape traders but just people getting tired of retarded finishes that gave no closure to angles.

I don't watch that shit LOL

WWE ticket sales are in the shitter

AEW gives Elite fans / their core fanbase what they want alot, no normal people wanted to see Omega beat Moxley twice and then be champ for a long time, same as they didn't want to see Moxley then beat by Young Bucks, and nobody cares about Page and didn't want to see Bryan lose to him. Cody's the only one who has the dynamic down where he let's some guys just beat his ass when the time is right, and when it's an underdog he first fucks them then let's them get their win back, like Darby and Sammy.

It started when people realized almost every match in WWE has a fuck finish and they still liked WWE

>you won't see Vince doing a roll-up finish

>no normal people wanted to see Omega beat Moxley twice and then be champ for a long time, same as they didn't want to see Moxley then beat by Young Bucks,

worked

>and nobody cares about Page and didn't want to see Bryan lose to him

I guess all those cheering fans were holograms or something? Even in a shithole like Jersey the Hangman was still the favorite.

I'm fine with DQ so long as the story stays interesting but with both big title matches ending with a DQ is shit.
I understand Roman vs Seth ending in a DQ if it will lead up to a no DQ rematch but Brock's booking could have been handled in multiple different ways

Did you seethe when AJ got thrown out by madcap? Did you seethe when Bryan didn’t win the rumble? Did you seethe when Roman won a match and not your favorite Indy darling?
> poor baby!!

Depends. WWE does a lot of stupid shit but Vince is actually trying to build some shit up for once.
Big E I would say is Big E's fault, they told him what he needed to change as champ and he didn't do enough of it, Riddle had the same issue and they even made it a part of the storyline where he 'becomes like Randy' and he actually did get more serious (during matches) and he outdrew Big E by a long shot.
Drew, I'm guessing that's WWE's fault, never heard of him doing anything wrong besides being a source for someone.
Rock changed plans because he couldn't launch XFL yet.
Omas or Omos or whatever was put with AJ and AJ told him everything to do literally yelling it to him during matches and he didn't pick it up fast enough.
AJ was demanded by Carder.
Their biggest fuckup is not having at least Kross or LA Knight in the picture to run a Mania program, even if it's to be fodder for Roman or Lashley those two would have been perfect right now.

Don't reply to OmegaTranny.

Shut up. I don't care about your smarks and indie shitters. 99% of the performers are indistinguishable if all they do is dropkicks and judo flips.
I'm the most casual of casual. I want to see spears and lariats. I want big dudes to slam other dudes, and small dudes to hit Hurricanranas.
If a match goes more than 5mins, it better end in
>Clean finish with the signature move
>Fuck finish that builds heat for an angle
That's it.
Stop tapping after 2 seconds in a bear hug, and stop doing roll-ups unless the babyface is about to get heemed in the post-match.

Attached: Murphy.png (600x450, 456.75K)

You either didn't get what I was saying or replied to the wrong post.

>So when did the whole “clean f(
In the fucking 90's, you idiot.

>> BUTS IT A BIG SHOW!!!
>what the fuck?
Literally the second biggest show of the entire year.
Pay money, still can't get a decisive finish.

If this was a tease for Mania, it'd be one thing, but if you think it's anything other than Roman/Brock again, you're an idiot.
If you think this is building to a Wrestlemania main event between Roman and Seth, you are literally stupid. This was it, the payoff to the storyline - neither guy was better than the other whomp whomp, thanks for your money.

This. I really dont mind DQ finish and I feel that used wisely, they can be really effective to further a story or to get heat on heel. But WWE does DQ finishes way too fucking much and pretty burned up the thing enough.

>You either didn't get what I was saying
It's this one. I only started watching your tranny fed this November, so I have zero clue what you are saying.

Weird how in the last 25 years, all the good things are thanks to Vince, and every single time a push or a story went wrong, it was always the wrestlers' fault and never, ever, ever Vince being responsible for the show he has full creative control over.

People realized WWE PPVs were no longer the endpoint for feuds and WWE started writing them to take up time on a show instead of having a conclusion in mind.

Wow. It's almost like this feud started three weeks ago or something.

Sorry. Meant to reply to

This meme isn't getting over, bros.