Why aren't there storylines like this anymore?

Why aren't there storylines like this anymore?

Attached: 1382011485_53ac76a62d_w.jpg (274x369, 29.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FjyCFcgM3TA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Antisemitism is no longer tolerated nowadays, that's why.

obese white christians would be worked into a shoot and boycott

>Society is PC
>Society is infested with soft, fragile whiners
>The majority of WWE's demographic are elderly SJWs
>Stock holders are PC corporations
>The writing team and roster is pozzed beyond repair.
We're never going back sadly.

The seeth this storyline brought was something else, even so better when it was 90's Christcuck

mentally ill christ fags would seethe and cancel them

>obese white Christians would boycott a storyline that was in reality watched by millions of obese white christians
Nigga, u dumb.

writing team like to keep things within in the same repetitive orbit of social media, ad-friendly content. In other words, same ol shit

2021 and WWE looks so drastically different from 1998 and WWF, it might as well have taken place in an alternate universe. There's just no way it's going back to this level.

>angle was done closer to the age of pearl-clutching conservatives
>didn't get boycotted
hmmm

It'd just be super cringe with the talent involved. Something like this would be right up the alley of Malakai Black or Bray Wyatt, and just imagine how those two "deepest lore" fags would handle it. It's a miracle that this wasn't awful considering Carder was attached.

The most kino Undertaker era right there. He's easy to meme on nowadays sadly, but that character used to be a major reason I even watched wrestling. Taker, Kane, Austin, Rock were the only people I even enjoyed watching.

Attached: 1643255371350.jpg (424x514, 105.43K)

>comparing the level of censorship in 2022 to any time in american history
tell me how you survived this long retard?

>It's a miracle that this wasn't awful considering Carder was attached.
Strangely enough, every time Austin and Carder feuded in 1998-1999 it was magic. Austin always brought the best out of him.

Because the 90s were 20+ years ago

It was considered awful at the time.

Yeah, no it wasn't, but this is the type of retarded headcanon I expect from this board.

Obese Christians aren't the ones censoring people retard.

You're right, I forgot about all the stay-at-home conservative religious housewives getting major companies to bend the knee these days.

>Yeah no it wasn't
Yes it was. That's why it never happened again with any other wrestlers because it angered the Bible belt, but of course you'd need to have been actually alive at the time to know this, which you weren't.

>That's why it never happened again with any other wrestlers
>Angle gets used again 3 months later with Bossman
>but of course you'd need to have been actualy alive at the time to know, which you weren't
This coming from headcanon spewing zoomer. I was 8 years old at the time. You on the other hand were clearly not born. Just stop commenting on this board and KYS immediately.
youtu.be/FjyCFcgM3TA

>literally the most vocal anti free speech niggers for the past 50 years
>barely beat out by trannies on twitter
>cried about a faggot music video and burned nike shoes because they got worked by a satanic symbolism bait
>still cries about war on christmas
>wants to unironically censor school curriculum and say that we're the centre of the universe
wait tell me again how unproblematic you hick inbred freaks are again? im more surprised your trailer has internet

Because WWE is a publicly traded company.

Pretty crazy that the entire main event scene consisted of Austin/Taker/Kane/Foley for 8 months and it never got stale.
Austin vs Undertaker at Summerslam was awful though because Undertaker demanded to be a face.
By who? Meltzer and internet geeks? One of their matches in 1999 was the highest rated Raw segment ever.

They got wifi in the dilation stations?

>soars toward u

the fans didn't see undertaker going home and retweeting vince and how #blessed he is to be working for the company

>the religious right has power
Nigger you're stuck in like 2005

>He thinks people liked the Big Boss Man angle
Lol who are you trying to impress you dumb zoomer?
>I was 8 years old
You were 8 months old and had to hear it from your big brother 8 years later and then pretend that you were there for it.

This like if someone 20 years from now says people enjoyed Batista's return in 2014 cause of piped in cheers. Undertaker crucifying people was never popular, they canned it almost immediately.

Idiot.

>Can't express wrong think on social media
You're right it's worse

the religious right are half the reason your shithole country bombs towel heads for israel you are fucking insane LMAO

>it never happened again!
>it happened again
>r-retard...

In retrospect, 8 months felt like 8 days in those. Everything moved by fast, and storylines always felt fresh and new. Even the ones that involved the same people.

All the satanic panic and other similar shit post Reagan amounted to nothing meanwhile millenials did it with their woke cult and ruined the internet for good
And I say this as an agnostic

>Moves the goalpost
>I'm omniscient superhuman creature that knows your entire life story and experiences

He's right, you are stuck in 2005

It wasn’t so much the biblical symbolism that bothered ppl it was more wrestling fans who thought it was a little too Dark Shadows cornball in the context of what was a hyper realistic, everything’s a worked shoot era.

The biggest anti-war movement in the country exists within conservative circles because it's mostly good 'ol country boys being shipped overseas only to be killed or come back fucked up and then addicted to opiates.

All normies here have been brainwashed into Israel shit, it’s pumped into our heads from 5th grade on.
Go shit on Jews in reddit and see how long you last before banned

>Has no retort
>Goes full sperg mode
You can't google your way out of this one dumb zoomie. It's a "Had to be alive" moment, which you weren't, if you were actually 8, then you were too dumb to know that it didn't go over well at all.

more like 1985. the religious right is a meme unless you think televangelist grifters have any real clout

Brown muslim hands typed these posts.

Yeah, those famous Christians AIPAC

>Complains about American politics isn’t even American

Many such cases

>wants to unironically censor school curriculum and say that we're the centre of the universe
A school board in Seattle just this past week banned To Kill a Mockingbird due to "racial insensitivity."

The retort was literally proving you wrong with the Boss Man angle. Feel free to rewrite history worse than the Fed ever could though.

if you think the right wing mostly consists of your incel alt right wigger nationalist garbage then you're more delusional than i thought
aryan australian white hands typed this post

Attached: 4df.png (755x840, 896.25K)

I’m Norwegian and your take makes no sense in relation to my post

>incel alt right wigger nationalist garbage
Literally what in those posts indicated any sense of white nationalism?

>Rewrite history
Kid, you weren't even alive in 1998. You probably saw it on Taker's documentary and were like, "Jeepers creepers those were the good ol days xD"

Only thing they have control over is maybe abortion restrictions and like that's it

So I have an older brother who was wrestling fan in 1998 even though I grew up an only child. Instead of trying to pretending that you're knowledgeable about wrestling, tell me more about my life even though you're like 21 years old larping as a 41 year old.. I'm curious and very much intrigued.

Nordcucks are the most retarded niggers in the world. Scandinavia is just a cold version of Africa. Only thing Nords have invented is Ikea furniture and shitty black metal.

>Kid, you weren't even alive in 1998.
kek Okay, so what year was I born in then? Tell me since you clearly know everything.

the third worldist right wing movement is mostly a thinly veiled white nationalist spergfest, look at any of these people
mexican hands typed this post

>8 years old at the time
Ok now I get where you are coming from. The segment was panned by lots of fans for being too hokey. This was deep in the midst of the AE and WWF was pulling this Passions tier nonsense out of nowhere. I was 16 at the time and spent hours a day at the time absorbed in all things wrestling so I know of what I speak. I’m sure some ppl liked it but it was more universally panned than just about anything is these days and not bc it was blasphemous but bc it was hokey and shitty and unrealistic without going the extra step and being full wrestlecrap.

M8 most right wingers worship Trump more than Jesus at this point

Wow you had to delete the original post just to add that little detail in? Hahahahaha wow this truly is the most autistic place on the internet.

>wow this truly is the most autistic place on the internet.
You're free to leave any time you like. We're probably not good enough to be in the presence of an omniscient legendary being such as yourself.

You said it far better than I ever could. They were trying to be way too mystical and it was seriously cringe-worthy. I'd say that was the biggest sleight of the AE, when they used to have Kane shooting fireballs and all that nonsense, none of that aged well.

>Claims something that was a downside of the era was well liked
>It actually wasn't
>Gets mad when this is pointed out to him
You're definitely a child.

It doesn't help that the military went full bore woke and went hog wild with the vaccine mandates. And a good chunk of the good ol boys post on Any Forums or the donald, or just watch Fox News which is staffed by interns who use Any Forums for their news content

Most people were disillusioned with the religious right after it turned out that things like Pokemon and Yugioh were fine. Turns out, they were right about Harry Potter and D&D though, shit did corrupt their kids.

You're not even American and keep shooting your mouth off about the right wing as if you understand them. Yes, the right wing is largely nationalist at this point. They might be civ-nats. Insisting that we're stuck with televangelists (most churches went pro-woke) running everything? Your info is trash and outdated. Thinking we're all Jesus Camp dudes? Again, you have no concept of American right wing outside of shit ass memes you found in the early 00s.

>bomb towelheads
Also dude, we call those people Canadian doctors and engineers thank you very much.

I don't know if it was the biggest slight when you see some of the shit on the undercard. This was hokey, but it was at least more engaging than whatever the fuck the Oddities were doing.

>Claims that was a downside
>provides no actual proof or evidence other than "trust me bro" and word of mouth
>Gets mad when his retarded brain logic and choose of words are used to mock him
You're definitely below the age of 30.

>provides no actual proof
My proof is you needed to be alive at the time and know what the climate of the country was. Since that doesn't apply to you, you can't be helped much.

Sorry I can't pull up a twitter feed from 1998 to satiate your "evidence seeking" you literal plebitter lol I'm not even the only one ITT saying that, what reason would I even have to lie about this?

>choose of words
So you're not even an American. Great. Why are you in this conversation again?

pussies can't handle such edgy scene anymore otherwise there would be thousands of emails and complaints to USA network and WWE

>He still thinks he's God

There was lots of weird gimmicks going on in the undercard too, the main event guys were the ones carrying the company. It feels like these days WWE is just the 90s undercard, that's what the RR tonight felt like, a bunch of undercarders and midcarders toiling around with no real purpose.

>choose of words

again, i don't care about what fringe internet circles you run with. the people you're talking about live online and have no real world impact. q user trumptard boomers make up a sizeable chunk but they still have NO impact on politics or culture. most rightoids are vaccinated in the entire west, your establishment conservatives are fine and your new nationalist bloc tried to take over the GOP and failed. if you faggots didn't have tucker you probably would be faded out of existence. and don't tell me about not being jesus freaks when you people cry when jesus is never brought up in political speeches and government addresses

>Getting worked by typos
>Supposed to be an omniscient being

seething christcucks would shoot gun down everyone at a RAW event if they did. skydaddycels are mentally insane schizos.

That's what most wrestling feels like to me these days. Go back to any era of wrestling, pluck some random guy from the midcard, and he could be a top guy today.

>choose of words

In a few years when they can't wheel out AE guys like Shane for a pop, who will they be bringing back for nostalgia? Damien Sandow? The Miz?

>Omniscient being

>choose of words

Fine Speech. I'm here because your leftism doesn't work and doesn't get the job done. No one wants leftism anymore. The people on Any Forums do have impact, far more than whatever shithole reddit/420chan/bunkerchan you came from. From feeding Fox News information, to spewing so many redpills that going on this very site is a hate crime. The fact that you see Trump bumperstickers everywhere, the fact that 90% of the republican voting base would still vote Trump instead of some generic GOPe cuck, you would think otherwise. The GOP is civnat at worst, and growing because the dnc is completely determined

You know nothing of politics. You sound like someone who enjoys the works of the Nostalgia Critic. You're some idiot saying the same tired anti-Jesus anti-spiritual bullshit for decades and all you have to show for it is Jack and shit. And brother, Jack left town a long time ago.

>you're irrelevant
Nah you are.

Bro people really loved the necrophilia angle Triple H did with Katie Vick's corpse bro trust me I was totally alive for that why don't they do based things like this anymore??

>The people on Any Forums do have impact
HAHAHAHA holy shit nigger, if this is the best we have the white race is doomed. thanks for the laugh schizo-kun. btw jesus was a kike

Attached: 1WwyP7f__400x400.jpg (400x400, 19.24K)

>then you were too dumb to know that it didn't go over well at all.
And this is based on what... the three local rednecks you talked to in the backwoods town you grew up in? Unless you're meaning to tell me you interviewed everyone in the entire bible belt to get their opinion on the angle even though technology was way limited back then and there's no possible way to know how most were actually emotionally feeling about it. If ratings mean or reflect anything, the angle was fine and people kept tuning in afterwards. Your arguments and comments throughout this entire thread are retarded.

>Omniscient being

>Zoomer who wasn't alive lashes out
>Ratings and Reddit tell me it was good so it was good
Well okay then zoomer. You can be forgiven for thinking you know everything there is to know, hopefully you grow up some day soon.

What difference did this make though? No permanent injuries. No selling for this for the rest of his run.

>there's no possible way to know how most were actually emotionally feeling about it
You're not very bright are you?

>feeding fox information
you're tryna tell me that a big news network gets info from fucking Any Forums

wtf kinda drugs are you on

Attached: 1642969108990.png (1024x629, 1.47M)

>Y-you use reddit
>Z-zoomer
>I-i and local priests (who raped me as a child in my podunk town) that I know didn't like it so it wasn't good
Wow, got me there.

why is there a guy from 2005 on 4channel bros

>Accuses me of growing up in a hillbilly red neck town
>Gets mad for being labelled a zoomer and redditer
Your mental capacity is seriously undeveloped.

The dark magic angle didn't go over well with people who actually cared about wrestling at the time, parents hated it, and only goth emo punk kids thought it was cool, everyone else thought it was campy. It's part of the reason why Taker canned it for the American biker gimmick. It wasn't popular enough to keep doing cause it was stale and a fad.

I could spend time discussing wrestling with you, but there's no point, you're just some ditzy 20 something year old who gets off on acting tough online. In other words you're a complete joke and no one takes you seriously irl when you talk so this is your only outlet.

Have fun antagonizing someone else lil man.

Literally every Fox News intern gleans stories from Any Forums. That's how they stay on top. Any Forums = dimes. Try it on Monday. Go to Any Forums, lurk a bit. If there's something that gets a lot of (You)s write it down. The next day, look it up and you'll most likely get a Fox News article about it. This has been known for over 6 years now. It's not just Tucker either, it's the interns feeding the anchors the stories. It's a cheap, lazy and consistent way of getting dimes.

Btw, the Syrian general on Any Forums has been used by the Russians to take out outposts after they sperged out and located a bunch of terrorist cells. Weaponized Anonymous Autism, you get all the investigative power of hundreds of people, and enough generalized knowledge pool to find anything. It's cheap, lazy and consistent. You remember He Will Not Divide Us, right? That one is Any Forums related too.

How new are you? This has been going on for years.

Here's a schizo conspiracy that ended up being proven correct. Dudes running AI to try and control the narrative. Didn't take.

Attached: shitposting ais to flood the chans.jpg (2142x2030, 2.71M)

>>Accuses me of growing up in a hillbilly red neck town
The way you carry yourself and your brain driveling logic and the so called world you grew up where so many people hated an angle that everyone else was actually invested in (hence why people kept tuning in afterwards) would suggest so. I apologize if I'm wrong, but I'm probably not.
>Gets mad for being labeeled a zoomer and redditer
I actually disregarded these because buzzwords that only meme using manchildren such as yourself use are simply not conversation.
>redditer
Do the needful, good sirs.

The dark magic angle didn't go over well with people who actually cared about wrestling at the time
There was no "Dark magic" you dense moron, it was a gritty group of cult followers following a guy who believed he was supernatural while not actually using any supernatural elements at all within the context of the story. Basically an over exaggeration of the Church of Satan or some Satanic cult in a movie. The stuff Undertaker did afterwards in the late 2000s and early 1990s was more supernatural in comparison.
>didn't go over well with people who actually cared about wrestling at the time, parents hated it
>AKA MA, PA, Billy Bob, Bertie Joe, and Jimmy Bob in insignificant quiet little podunk town
>It's part of the reason why Taker canned it for the American biker gimmick. It wasn't popular enough to keep doing cause it was stale and a fad.
>Angle that was done in December 1998-March 1999 is the reason why the gimmick was cancelled in May 2000.
>Had nothing to do with the fact that the superstar was getting repackaged for his big return from injury at all, and that they just wanted to do something new.
Okay then.
>I could spend time discussing wrestling with you
I'd prefer that you didn't. Just don't. I can only tolerate but so much retardation.
>you're just some ditzy 20 something year old who gets off on acting tough online. In other words you're a complete joke and no one takes you seriously irl when you talk so this is your only outlet.
No one cares why you come on 4channel or the internet overall, tourist.
>Have fun antagonizing
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you can't just call out my stupidity or disagree with me, that's blasphemy!
Cry about it.

The whole reason this hand symbol is considered “white power” now is because a bunch of retards on Any Forums made it up and decided to spread it around to see how far it got. It was done for shits and giggles and now every retard thinks it’s the truth, and no one fucking even knows why they think that. I’d say that board has some influence, despite what you’ve convinced yourself of.

Attached: B8B330C8-E11F-40F3-BEDA-BF6D3A8AEE6B.jpg (2600x1950, 2.82M)

And the freebleeding movement as well.

No, this was used by the adl to further the narrative that white supremacy is deep rooted in our culture and many among us are secret nazis. Also dozens of other things like this failed, like “it’s ok to be white”. No dimes. Poltards are only hitting themselves if you look there most are on the verge of suicide with how they worked themselves into a shoot, frankly it’s sad.

>used by the adl
Hey bunkertranny, where do you think the ADL picked it up from? Speaking of failed bunkerchan movements, hows the Chud spam working?

Still seething about the Any Forumsface meme years later kek, get worked incel

Attached: 5DC8FA8F-ED7B-4FBB-A6AB-403070908D09.jpg (1080x1104, 124.6K)