1 in 10 people are wrong about the identity of their biological father

telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/31/oneperson-10-mistaken-identity-father-reveals-nhs-chief/

One person in 10 is mistaken about the identity of their father, genetic tests for hereditary illnesses are revealing, according to an NHS chief.

About 220,000 such tests are carried out by the NHS in England and Scotland each year.

But Ian Cumming, head of Health Education England, the NHS training body, said hospitals were being left in an ethical quandary as they were uncovering some awkward family secrets.

Mr Cumming told the Hay Festival that within a decade everyone who wanted to be genome tested could be.

“But it is not without controversy,” he warned. “If you look at people who have had genetic tests within families for reasons other than trying to work out paternity, for one in 10 people your dad isn’t who you think it is.”

He said this was the dilemma: “Are we going to tell people: ‘That’s not your dad’ – or are we going to keep that information to ourselves? I don’t think that would be acceptable ethically.”

As early as 2005 Liverpool University and health experts warned in the BMJ that genetic testing could throw up such problems.

Mr Cumming said that while genetics offered new hope for preventing disease, there were difficult ethical challenges that needed addressing.

Prof Mark Bellis, an author of the original 2005 study into non-paternity, said: “Despite genomics creeping into many aspects of health treatments and prevention, we seem to be choosing to ignore what it reveals about infidelity and paternity.

Attached: baby.jpg (360x300, 16.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskWomen/comments/6rl0c8/what_would_be_your_reaction_if_your_so_wanted_a/
reddit.com/r/AskWomen/comments/4vwj1y/how_would_you_feel_if_your_so_gave_your_child_a/
reddit.com/r/AskWomen/comments/18v472/how_would_you_react_to_your_so_bringing_up/
reddit.com/r/AskWomen/comments/2tk1lt/would_you_be_offended_by_laws_that_require/
reddit.com/r/AskWomen/comments/ogmcg/my_bf_wants_a_paternity_test_am_i_being/
reddit.com/r/AskFeminists/comments/plshhh/feminist_why_do_you_opposeapprove_of/
predict-eyes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sheeet my mama tell me I wuz JZ keed and we wuz musical kangs n sheet

Attached: black crime 8.webm (608x378, 1.88M)

women are whores

Attached: honkler.jpg (800x450, 49.38K)

Damn if genetic testing becomes more widespread, a lot of hoes are gonna get what's coming to them. Unfortunately, on the other hand, men with faithful wives may also find themselves suspicious when hearing this sort of information. The idea of "if it's really so common, it could have happened to me, too," even if he had never been or had reason to be suspicious of his wife in the past. This sort of unfounded suspicion could damage a healthy marriage.

DNA tests have proven that my father is my father, so I'm good on that front. Society, though, is fucked more than a slag on a Saturday night.

Attached: bosswyvern.jpg (1125x1576, 662.72K)

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where "feed" and "seed" both end in the sound "-eed", thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was "Formerly Chuck's", implying that the two words beginning with "F" and "S" would have ended with "-uck", rhyming with "Chuck". So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called "Chuck's Feeduck and Seeduck".

Most of them are dumb and not interested enough in their kids, a simple combination of blood types can figure out most of your problems especially if you are rh+ and your wife is rh-(most of these pregnancies have problems /fail)
Plus reminder that rh- is a white trait

Attached: R (7).jpg (1185x799, 149.78K)

Why are all straight men such pathetic cucks?

Attached: daddy.webm (540x960, 3M)

Paternity testing should be mandatory at birth.

Paternity test should be mandatory before any man signs a birth certificate.

An overlord fan I see

No they don’t. We fixed that back in the 50s, retard. Women are given a shot so the blood doesn’t harm them or the baby.

This

Easily solved with a test

Well if you are rh+ and your wife didn't get a shot, you are mspt likely cucked, plus the pregancy failure when rh+ nigger and rh- white female mix was a last defense mechanism for white race, hope society collapses into anarchy so the mutt babies stop being born

I didn't have a paternity test for my child, yet I know 100% it's mine. Maybe men should seek out better women? Then again, my wife is an aspie shut in, so I've always known where she is 24/7

Based hivemind leaf bro.

My mom is A+, my dad is O-, and I'm A- so I'm okay I guess?

what else is new

>Your rh- wife *

>Damn if genetic testing becomes more widespread, a lot of hoes are gonna get what's coming to them.
They will likely make anonymous DNA testing illegal like in France so there won't be any way to discreetly test your supposed newborn.
"should be" but won't be because it'll be voted against by 50% of the electorate (women), male simps, and the "keep big government outta my life" crowd. Enjoy your democracy.

It's not as simple as 1 in 10. It varies from 0.1% to as high as 30% in places like poor harbour towns where men are away for long periods.

>famous last words

You are in the clear, don't worry

Would a faithful wife not take offense to a sudden and unfounded suspicion from her husband?
Women are very emotion driven, I think she would take offense.

women take offense at literally everything, so who the fuck cares

Make it a legal requirement before signing the birth certificate

She would divorce.

reddit.com/r/AskWomen/comments/6rl0c8/what_would_be_your_reaction_if_your_so_wanted_a/
reddit.com/r/AskWomen/comments/4vwj1y/how_would_you_feel_if_your_so_gave_your_child_a/
reddit.com/r/AskWomen/comments/18v472/how_would_you_react_to_your_so_bringing_up/
reddit.com/r/AskWomen/comments/2tk1lt/would_you_be_offended_by_laws_that_require/
reddit.com/r/AskWomen/comments/ogmcg/my_bf_wants_a_paternity_test_am_i_being/
reddit.com/r/AskFeminists/comments/plshhh/feminist_why_do_you_opposeapprove_of/

>One person in 10 is mistaken about the identity of their father, genetic tests are revealing,
It's more, they are faking a number to make women look better.
it is likely closer to 20%.
>Paternity testing should be mandatory at birth.
And because of the above, it is going to be nearly impossible to push through, since women control everything that is related to family law.

All the more reason to have paternity tests for everyone so that no-one can be blamed for being paranoid. Women should understand men on this matter anyway - they can never really know if they've had children, but women always know that they carried something for 9 months.

That's always been the case, especially with older "fathers". Lock down a family while you still can, don't buy into the kike lie that you have all the time in the world.

My deadbeat dad left when I was a kid so I won't care either way.

Let's not forget about eye colour possibilities and recessive and dominant genes(curly hair, jaw dimple etc..)
predict-eyes.com/

Well, seeing as my kid has unmistakably my lips, toes, and hairline, as well as all the same taste in food, which is quite different from my wife's, there's not much room for doubt. More inportantly, my wife isn't a roastie, but you do you, keep dating women you can't trust lmao

I look nothing like my dad and share the exact face as my mom but when I saw myself walking on camera exactly like him I knew he was as truly my father kek

Attached: 8587AC58-1441-4708-A9BE-2BBAB7F8D24E.jpg (663x900, 116.03K)

>My deadbeat dad left when I was a kid
Sounds like a typical female brainwash.
Did you actually know him? Do you know that he is actually deadbeat in reality, and this is not your mom's (usually invalid) opinion?