RIP ECONOMY

RIP ECONOMY

Attached: 3E296F98-8218-4B81-B4F3-5558A9A88580.jpg (1079x296, 91.26K)

inb4: "I DON'T KNOW WHAT BPS MEANS SO I'M GOING TO SEE THE 100 IN FRONT OF IT AND FREAK OUT AND DO NOTHING BUT PAY EVEN MORE ATTENTION TO THESE MEDIA OUTLETS THAT WANT ME TO BE A SCARED CONSUMER!"

oh wow 1% its literally nothing

Big finance gets unlimited bailouts and do-overs forever. No amount of Zerohedge butthurt will ever change that. You will always be a loser. Cry about it.

and it's one bank asking for something. it's not even assured they'll get it. it's literally nothing

>b...but the tweet said they're the first bank
So...they're the only bank to ask for this?

What does 100 BPS mean?

Attached: 1628615393299.jpg (748x1024, 98.1K)

Good, let it burn.

Dow is crashing right now. Inflation much worse than expected. down 1000 points.

100 BPS is the minimum we need right now.
It's the only way to get inflation under control.

1%. Doesn't seem like much but it's a pretty big hike just in one go.

Aren't rate hikes usually quarterly? Why are they every month now?

that's how hard your girl's heart beats when 6'2" me shows up

Or we could do regime change and restore the Republic and kick the Jews out of the west again and restore sane money policy by COINING MONEY AGAIN instead of printing it.

Wrong, it would make the rate 3.5%

Nomura?

Attached: show.png (440x260, 133.42K)

>ECONOMY
Take your IV fiat goy. Shit out the interest.

>math is hard

t. community college student

1% is significant for buying power

>100 BPS
100 Basis Points.
1 Basis Point is 0.01%, so 100 BPs is 1%

The number they're talking about increasing is the federal rate, which is the interest that banks charge each other.
The higher the Fed Rate, the less incentive banks have to give money to businesses/people.
So that means inflation goes down since there's less money flowing into the "real" economy.

these idiots also told us there would be massive food shortages by now and we'd all be fighting over a can of beans
they've never been right about anything

One Hundred Basis Points federal interest rate. It represents a percentage of a percentage. So 100 basis points is 1%, 25 basis points is .25% etc

And recession goes up. Lending less while prices are heavily inflated will not lower prices it will lower opportunity.