Why is Twitter taken so seriously, and why is it extremely opinionated the extreme of one side?

Why is Twitter taken so seriously, and why is it extremely opinionated the extreme of one side?

This is for serious discussion, as I can't really find proper discussion on it online.

Attached: logo.png (400x400, 4.16K)

Twitter is taken seriously by many people because it is a platform that allows for instantaneous communication with a wide audience. Twitter is also opinionated because it is a platform that allows users to share their opinions with a wide audience.

say wide audience again, faggot.

Going offf of how the US government shit its pants making a "disinformation board" or whatever at the mere thought of Musk privatizing it.
It is 100% a government influenced propaganda centre.

Social media generates tons of group consensus, which heavily influences most people

I guess the question is aimed closer to why its opinionated so far on one side, and why it's opinions are taken so extremely and as a representation of the public opinion, especially since 80% of all posts are made by less than 1% of the population.

(((they))) pushed as the sort of public concensus when majority of the people don't even use it.

it's because journalists use it, or more importantly, it's a way to inject artificial consensus into a heterogeneous community.
kys.

Yes, but you see major companies using twitter opinions to completely change their workplace and production of products. Why would companies that only care about money take twitter opinions so seriously?

This reads like a bot answer, it’s pretty obvious

it doesn't 'generate' consensus. only through its adoption by media outlets can it do so.

business leaders are absolute idiots.

It totally does, whenever someone sees a trending tweet that becomes their new opinion due to censorship of opposing ideas
You see the same thing on Reddit

majority of the people don't leave feedbacks or comments.
the one that leaves feedbacks or comments are usually negatives or complaints.
so when your public profile (fb, twitter, IG) is full of these complaints, social media managers and HR thinks that these complaints are valid and legit and should be taken seriously to improve.

Yes, but they do have one talent which is making money. So that's why it confuses me so much why the twitter opinions are taken so seriously by these companies.

I do understand what twitter produces, but not why companies are putting so much weight on these things. I would think a consultant and one independant researcher could spend a month on researching this stuff and advise the company on the best method to use. It makes me wonder if twitter outrage actually merits into an increase of sales when responded to.

Is it taken seriously? It's a convenient way to influence idiots.

its extremely effective for news, and news outlets rely on it heavily. some people noticed that and took advantage

they hold money, they don't 'make' it.

They're not human beings.

Attached: 1662955526232905 ukraine pro ukraine twitter sphere entirely bots.jpg (750x809, 232.18K)

Twitter is taken seriously because thats where all the journos echo chambers are. The journos are extremely left wing because they are smug pricks who think they are smarter than everyone. So they promote laws and regulations which creates positions of power for themselves to "fix" things.

that sounds like a person lacking critical thinking.
i'm not sure who you hang out with.

It originated in silicon valley and initially was used heavily by silicon valley (globohomo) types. It only later really took off with the general public. The silicon valley / San Francisco bay area is one of the most leftist places in North America, especially in terms of being socially left wing. It was always destined to become a propaganda platform for them

I guess we could transfer the question of why journalists are treated as authorities.
But to get back to the original question, it is also just random posters and accounts that are treated as if they speak for thousands.

You’re describing 80% of human beings
Normies as autists here call them