Possible Railroad Strike in US

Do you think they'll actually strike Friday if demands aren't met? Any railroad workers on here have anything they want to say? Somehow haven't heard anything about this until few days ago, only now starting to read into it- seems like issue has been ongoing for several months now, but is this just a nothingburger to generate fear or is this a possibly happening?

Attached: 384728934783247823748923.png (1442x792, 129.91K)

Biden will step in just like he did back a couple months ago.
Or the Board will force the Unions into a settlement.
There's no way they let this go through in an election year

Do you think him forcing Unions into settlement will make him appear even less pro-labor? I feel like if he gives them what they want maybe there's a decent chance for him to appear in a positive light for once.

Railway operator back east here. Total shithouse mess. Conductors aren’t coming in, freight isn’t getting unloaded. I’d say we’ve got two weeks to get things moving again before the backup in cargo over exceeds storage capacity at the switch station.

Based.

Based 2 weeks poster. Are you my dad? He was trains man many death threats, but never rape.

Checked, and you could be right.
I was more talking about the potential crisis of a strike.
Everybody in the country would see the knock-on effects of that.
Only a couple hundred thousand would hear about Biden forcing the Union to capitulate and hear the "anti-labor" stance.

>porters union

So you mean the largest nigger union in the USA?

Time to disband that commie org.

Good, fuck this country.

yes, this is how they will make our electricity prices skyrocket

Amtrak will have no excuse for their delays

Yeah that's a fair point, didn't think of it that way user.

If this isn't a larp of the usual 2 weeks shitposter, what would be your take as to what would fix that sort of backup? I mean even if the pay is increased, attendance policies become more lenient, are we already too late for the freight that's getting shoved aside for these more precision time based schedules? I hear that additionally, some products are already being kept off rails as of today if it's stuff that potentially needs security or things that might be dangerous to leave out for an extended period of time.

This. Without rail, 80% of coal plants will shut down within 30 days. That represents about 41% of all electrical generation.

I'm voting for Pete Buttigieg because we need a DOT secretary who sucks cock and eats ass and gets fucked in the ass with cocks and eats cum

They’ve been on strike for two weeks but the news is drip feeding that information so the public doesn’t panic yet. It isn’t cold enough.

Ofcourse they will they did last week in the netherlands and they should.

Work for the pumpkin fucks, we will strike but in an hour or two Congress will force us back to work. Maybe not though I’ve seen some rumors that they may not step in and stop the strike. Either way if the contract isn’t better than the PEB recommendations another 10-20% of the workforce will quit after they get backpay.

Attached: 7F7384FA-BB1D-4873-98CF-6EDD15E91597.jpg (2048x1374, 517.89K)

I was wondering where the next crisis would come from, something comparable to the EU situation with their energy issues. I guess this is the US's version. Not surprised.

We'll just use the underground railroad if that happens.

When the class 1’s hemorrhage more employees and can’t run (they already can’t run effectively) it will hit the news. Then Biden will be blamed for ramming this contract down our throats. I’ve seen loaded grain trains sit for weeks tied down on sidings waiting for crews because we just don’t have enough people anymore to run trains.

UPS is talking about striking too.

yea we need a real visionary to fix this mess and Pete's my guy for sure.

>we just don’t have enough people anymore to run trains.
Why tho? I heard some people say it was due to masks, jabs, things like that. Why do you think this is happening?

And that’s a conservative estimate of who will quit. In my terminal alone half the guys are looking for work right now. Over 3000 people have quit just on my seniority roster since the beginning of this year. These are people quitting from a job that you used to get hired on and worked until you retires. Almost unheard of to quit with 15-20 years in and this is the group leaving in droves.

Attached: 5A98378D-E842-4478-9CF2-B892F539AC2E.jpg (1320x1129, 120.03K)

>nobody wants to get robbed and yelled at by niggers for shit pay anymore
oh no why are people quitting jobs

So you say that once things get bad the news will start reporting it
But then you say it's already bad and grain is rotting in the yard.
So which is it?

Carriers want to get rid of conductors who comprise like 40,000 employees I think. Shit attendance policies, on call 24/7 365, no scheduled days off, spend 30+ hours in a hotel. Management sucks they never worked this job so they don’t know how to actually run a railroad and refuse to listen to advice from the operating guys.

I'm just trying to figure out what the hell is happening, of course MSM won't tell the truth so I'm trying to ask anyone who has feet on the ground knowledge. I know all of this is being engineered as part of the Great Reset, but it would be nice knowing exactly the specifics of how it's being done.

Checked threes. Unironically the offer starts out with 3% yearly raises despite unprecedented circumstances and and a deserting workforce. Fuck Jew Biner.

I’m saying when freight literally can’t move at all it will get reported. Right now they are barely able to move shit and the industries affected aren’t in the public eye. When intermodal trains leaving the ports can’t bring the consumer goods to the consumers then people will care

Let's say that they actually do go on strike. What impact on a large scale would this have on our economy? Like is this strike serious enough and large enough to actually disrupt our economy, or rather sent shortages and prices on daily goods higher?

they can all go to hell. abolish unions.

don't like your job? quit.
fuckers.

Attached: two_weeks.gif (370x200, 540.08K)

All 7 class 1 (large) railroads will shut down. 40% of freight in the USA is moved by train. You can figure out how that will affect the economy.