Is this good training?

Civilianfag here. Just wondering if it is good army training to walk in such a narrow line? It looks like these Russian dudes made it quite easy for the Ukranian sniper to take them out, but I'm just a civilian so who knows. Thanks bros

Attached: 1662915895883.webm (856x480, 1.18M)

>israeli down
oof

Snipers are the masters of the battlefield.

Attached: SniperSyria.webm (640x480, 2.96M)

In Arma we would walk in double staggered columns down a road like this.
Although in Arma you don't have hohols placing mines everywhere, so by walking in one line if they walk into a minefield they reduce risk.
There's no one way to approach this issue, it all depends on the circumstances.

Ruskies don't paintball

Maybe I'm wrong but if my troops had to travel on the road I would at least have them in a staggered formation on opposide sides, to reduce potential casualties

Attached: Grassy_Road_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1427017_1662916316737.png (640x480, 589.11K)

You're not taking IEDs and mines into account. In real, no rules warfare they are quite common.

thats a paintball gun

Well, once you're being sniped, consider scattering. That's a decent start.
I'm not gonna judge these guys because I've never taken fire. I don't know what it's like.

This, imo the best way to travel on the battlefield after studying hundreds of hours of Syrian and Ukraine footage is a huge spread out. Mines and Snipers are equal risk, I have seen both cause massive damage. But with at least spread out you have a chance to recover. Each person should be at least 100 feet apart and just shout instructions at each other unless behind enemy lines than just use hand signals.

In conscription we were taught to march like this on roads.

Attached: E3F0A505-885E-4AE5-B926-972AFC0743D7.jpg (2048x1536, 1.26M)

Snipers are one organ of a military force. A good artillaryman is capable of delivering vastly more death and destruction than a sniper, but his job isn't "cool".
Call of Doody made an entire generation think snipers were the be-all and end-all of warfare.

I know you Kremlin trolls are paid to spread misinformation through social media, but it is real. This is war after all. When you invade another territory there tends to be a lot of losses. It's just a fucked up situation overall

Attached: 1662916815435.webm (576x480, 1.6M)

Artillery fire scares the fuck out me in pubg

This is more /k/'s territory, but a LOT of russian conscripts were rushed into battle to boost numbers, and are thus really inexperienced. This doesn't mean their experienced soldiers are anything to underestimate. I can't find the webm, but look up the video of russians raiding a ukrainian trench. Absolutely obliterated the holhols at close range.

also nice digits

Attached: 1617417123394.jpg (1383x1000, 156.05K)

Actually snipers, outside of drones, ARE the end all cure al. if you cannot land your jets without losing pilots. The key of snipers isn't only distance, but invisibility and espionage.

Yes, but you can’t do that on a road, unless you want to reduce speed by having guys walking innawoods.

It's the scariest and most addictive thing there is. I haven't been shot at since 2007 and I miss it so much. It keeps me up some nights.

>to reduce speed by having guys walking innawoods.

It's better to arrive behind schedule than having someone pick up pieces of your body.

> traveling by foot
> on a road
> in a forward location
> in a straight line
> cover all around
> none seek it
If this isn’t fake, it’s pathetic.

In hell let loose it’s fucking terrifying. And those are just sporadic ones no salves.

You should see it IRL

ok but its better to have 7-10 groups get there when you want them than 10 groups getting there 15 minutes later than you needed them.

7/10 groups ***

pic unrelated

Attached: 1662353503835194.jpg (650x500, 54.46K)

based Uras shooting russian jew lovers

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: ohno.jpg (966x74, 15.09K)

Machine gunners wet dream.

thats taliban in afghan.

>the way they all run down the road like that instead of straight into digging into the dirt at the sides with their fucking eyelids
Sometimes the British Army didn't train people, you know?
A patrol should be both sides of the road, spaced out and staggered, not a fucking gaggle of mortar catchers

The only difference between a sniper and an artillery spotter is that one has a rifle and the other has a radio.

>I'm just a civilian
then why are you fucking talking. go enlist faggot, get your crucial insights on the ground level where they can help

Uhuh, because that machinegun bullet would surely pierce through every one of those guys in a cool straight line like in your video games?

Russia had only a single good generation of military leaders in their entire history, Mid-WW1, when they began replacing the old generals who were only there because of nepotism with new modern trained and effective generals who learned much from the Russo-Japanese war and early WW1 experiences. This of course didn't last because almost all of them were killed by Bolsheviks or simply lived in exile.

Their WW2 generals were a joke, propped up by Germany handing them victory on a plate and a mass of industry and numbers.

holy shit mfer lost his spine in a milisecond
hope he died quickly