Was he the original chud?

Was he the original chud?

Attached: H._P._Lovecraft,_June_1934.jpg (220x270, 14.06K)

This is a man in deep thought about how much he hates niggers. Ultra based.

I've recently read "The Alchemist" by him.
Did people really get scared by reading horror novels? It reads as a cheap B movie.

>Tolkien was such a progressive ally.
>Names cat "Niggerman" and has entire areas on Pluto named after him.

Attached: hpzero.jpg (550x568, 45.16K)

Less scary, more sense of unease

It was a different time, his stories were written 100 years ago

There was a passage where the count goes into the basement in a forgotten turret. Not to spoil anything but at one point a door opens and what the narrator feels are your placeholder Lovecratian meme words "appalled by the unfathomable dread of that eldritch instance" etc etc. Made me lol.

It was back in a time when the average person only had a few ways to stimulate their imagination. One was books, the other was radio. Motion pictures were around but probably not that common. TV obviously wasn’t an option.

he was one of the foundational authors for what we know as horror , of course his ideas seem old hat because it was among the first and has since been built on by essentially everyone writing horror since.

Sorry your brain is broken by modern media

Attached: ef4.gif (264x264, 1.37M)

horror genre has only gotten worse since then

Have you seen Get Out?

He was the original Berniebro. Read his letters.

looks like Emperor Mark Zukerberg

Attached: 1661814040925064.gif (400x400, 1.87M)

I laugh at that shit in modern media as well. There's nothing more unimaginative than a door opening/closing with by some spooky presence.

>I must be told what is scary I cant imagine anything that is scary
Again sorry you cant imagine anything scary

>chud
what is this faggotspeak?

Incase you think his ideas are softcore, the most horror you would see in those days was a ghost saying boo.

I just can't user.
I get scared by Japanese horror films. The Audition in particular. Can't stand gore.

>A young African-American visits his white girlfriend's parents for the weekend, where his simmering uneasiness about their reception of him eventually reaches a boiling point.
mutt's law

See the colour out of space with Nic Cage. Great adaptation.

This.

People literally shit their pants and started crying when they saw this in theaters

Attached: 1591946826243.webm (320x240, 950.43K)

Then use you imagination when he says
appalled by the unfathomable dread of that eldritch instance
Use empathy to put yourself in the MC shoes

i hate him for later in his stories explaining all the shit, like man, let my imagination finish all those horrible details