Bombs have an expiration date

How does this fact change your view of the military industrial complex and the nature of modern warfare?

Attached: CB9F8118-86A9-4548-BF21-CD8FC216956A.jpg (225x225, 15.81K)

It's all bullshit
Bombs from WW2 still explode and Russia still uses bombs made in the 50s/60s sometimes

How do they expire? Will you explain the chemical mechanism behind it?

An "expired" can still explode, it will just fail to explode at the correct time at a higher rate. If 10% of your missiles don't explode at all and another 10% explode 10 seconds too late, that's a problem.

I THINK THEY SHOULD DROP ALL THAT ORDINANCE ON THOSE FUCKING SCAM CALL CENTERS THAT CALL MY HOUSE 999999999999 TIMES A FUCKING DAY
FUCK AM I EVEN PAYING TAXES FOR ANYWAY?

ALSO I LIKE THAT COLOR ORANGE. NICE ORANGE COLOR GIVES GOOD VIBES

Its more of the upcharge from Boeing, Lockheed, and Raytheon that has being slowly draining the military of money. We are seeing the knock on effect of that as the pay is dog shit and nobody wants to join. More of the military budget has to go to overbudget aircraft or helicopters. While the backroom deals kill other weapon manufacturers. The MIC is one of the major reasons our military is shit.

More like a best before date.

Best by dates /= Expiration Dates

>How do they expire? Will you explain the chemical mechanism behind it?
They mean a lot of the weapons contracts were just money laundering schemes

Nuclear material expires through radioactive decay. I'm not sure about conventional compounds but their expiration dates would have to be written in 1.X times 10 to the N power. Black powder doesn't go bad on human time scales, thus it has no written shelf life.

If weapons and bombs are properly maintained they can last indefinitely.

Generally, countries retire old weapons not because they "expire" but because the tech gets outdated. No need to store, protect, and maintain old bombs when you are making newer, faster, more accurate weapons.

Always knew it. This means the famed huge Soviet shell stockpills for example might be in a large % worthless or too dangerous to handle.

Usually the problem is not the explosive material, but all the rest that corrodes, the shells/bombs/rickets just become unreliable and accident rate increases.

Stored correctly at the correct temperature and humidity both bombs and shells last pretty damn long. Back in 98 my squadron visited Narvik, the old german bunkers there were maintained in its original state with all that nice propaganda etc. I noticed that the costal defense guns were not just in pristin condition but wellwellgreased, only breachblocks taken off. Asked the norwegian guide about that "Yeah they are fullyfunctional, little sense in demolishing them, got spareparts and ammo from WW2 around", and only recently had ordered Basebleedershells for extented range. That was 50 years after the war, proper storage means a lot when it comes to Ammo. Duds are one thing but some of the compounds used in german WW2 shells actually become hypersensitve, not sure how allied bomb/shell are in that regard.

What if they rubbed cosmoline all over them?

The military industrial complex has lobbied that they are destroyed so that’s they can be replaced for maximum profit

Sure... "destroyed". Got it.

no they can't
amtech

Friendly Mopar Orange.

Guys. Why is OP posting pics of his mums dildo? Please explain

Attached: 1635829050205.png (640x653, 280.38K)

You remove the powder charge, treat it with something basic like powdered lime and re extrude it and refilled the powder charges. The propellant tends to get acidic in the PH department over time.