Remote work / WFH

What are the political implications of establishing permanent work-from-home policies for white collar workers?

I'm not being tongue in cheek here, or trying to evade the janitors. I really believe that there are political implications in the first world.

I manage a large corporate IT group. Executive leadership is happy with the productivity of my group and is planning to end our office lease and not return to an office. Ever. Some of my staff have already moved out of their expensive homes and apartments to move to the edge of suburban development. In the US, there is an exodus of Information Age workers to rural communities.

What impact will this have, socially?

I have theories of my own. Projects like Elon Musk's Starlink come to mind as pivotal paradigm shifts in social structure.

Your thoughts, user?

Attached: 20151120172744-procrastination-young-man-home-office-laptop-distracted-work-distant.jpg (1300x867, 121.93K)

What about people who like to socialize in the office? The women specifically.

>people who like to socialize in the office? The women specifically.
Profound loss of social capital within the organization. Women use charm and public demonstration of "closeness with authority" to wield influence. This will frustrated them, undoubtedly.

I am unable to complete tasks on my own if it's boring. Most people can do it though. For people like me, having management and a team in person would help get things done.
It will be interesting to see what the stats are for companies in the same field that try work from home and those that work at office. Guess we will have to see.

>What impact will this have, socially?
>>pic rel

Attached: 56262346432564325234.jpg (800x965, 188.93K)

Organizations that don't completely rethink their processes will not survive this. We are implementing Agile across nearly the entire organization, including at the executive level. Drastically increased transparency and accountability. In return, we have loosened things like "core hours" mandates to give workers more flexibility during their day. A few night owls emerged.

We're winning top talent. Want to spend $5000 per month on your mortgage and/or two hours daily in a commute? Go work for the other guy. Want to live among all upper-middle class people in near-rural communities, with better schools and cheaper cost of living? And no commute? Work for us.

It's pretty funny. On the one hand I read articles from CEOs bitching that people need to go back in the office because they are only chilling at home, on the other hand my company let all office leases run out a year ago and we have tripled our growth rate compared to pre-COVID.
Turns out, me shitposting a bit on Any Forums during work hours wastes less of my productivity than being the in same office with Becky who wants me to take a look at her trivial task every 5 minutes because she can't figure out how it works.

I really do think this is going to exacerbate and make clearer the social and political divide between urban and rural. All of the most effective, upstanding members of society will leave the cities.

To rot.

As do all progressive policies user. The 4th estate is kept in check by the 3rd as always.

>What about people who like to socialize in the office?
They are a drain of company resources (that some guy will have to make up for by working harder) and should just be fired. It's a job, not their daycare. Get some friends, Becky.

>wastes less of my productivity than being the in same office with Becky who wants me to take a look at her trivial task every 5 minutes because she can't figure out how it works.
Yeah! That, and your housing will be cheaper in the long term. And your transportation expenses. And the time you spend commuting. And the risk of injury and death you take commuting daily.

This is good, man. Hopefully more likeminded semi-rural communities of information workers emerge. Pajeets will still do the grunt work, whites will be there for architecture / process improvement / product ownership roles mostly.

Attached: 0D60229E-A196-4567-B4C7-5893F3562FA7.png (745x767, 565.12K)

>semi-rural communities of information workers
It's happening! We just moved into a home that we built in a newly constructed neighborhood. All of my neighbors are very similar people. White families, aged 35-50, multiple children, white collar dads, barbecues and firearms, doors unlocked, welcome any time.

Comfy AF.

I fully embrace it. It's really much better for workers. I think it's the thing that will finally kill the man-month mindset of time management.
As far as political implications go, you already listed a big one. Between remote working and amazon and the like delivering every product to the boonies, there is much less incentive for professionals to live in/close to the city.
It will also influence the kind of people that are valued in an organization. The loner quiet workers will see a comparative improvement in their ratings while those that revolve around more socialization will see a decrease. I speculate this might diminish the overvaluation of women, hopefully.
Going back to the time management thing, it can lead to changes in employment contracts. A higher proportion of workers might leave the standard wagie form of employment. We know this has an impact in terms of social life and political orientation.

they won't be permanent, 2/3 of these people will be fired by end of 2023

>2/3 of these people will be fired
That's called competition. To survive the business cycle, historically, you have to be demonstrably among the best at what you do. No escape from that.

>exodus of Information Age workers to rural communities.
fuck off were full

Depression and depression meds await them. Second hand experience

no, it's because their jobs are pointless. even if they are good at what they do, what they do is pointless. most of the companies they work for produce meaningless drivel with no necessity. these jobs exist because of an era of cheap money that is rapidly ending. the WFH is a great filter for lazy, worthless cunts and companies with no real business.

Anyone wishing for returning to the 9-5 neonbox + commute should just do us a favor and blow its brain out.

Attached: 88915632.png (1200x906, 791.95K)

>what they do is pointless. most of the companies they work for produce meaningless drivel with no necessity. these jobs exist because of an era of cheap money that is rapidly ending
This is absolutely true. Fractional reserve banking rivals communism in terms of economic waste.

>Becky
You mean Elif and Funda

Most women's corporate jobs are pointless. Just invented to get them out of the home and ruin families. Women are most content raising their children or their sisters' children, gossiping about the other women, and fucking the mailman.

millennials are a failed generation that are in large part responsible for the collapse of their civilization. attitudes like yours will be studied in 100 years like we study Hitler's comments on jews.