Lingua Franca

Do you know your ancestors tongue, or do you only know the common language around you? Recent immigrants need not apply.

Attached: PXL_20220909_012118992.jpg (2688x1512, 624.31K)

Damn I forgot to follow the format.

Attached: 1662651413257082.png (680x571, 262.57K)

To think that Latin, the lingua franca of the old world, was still being taught in public schools just a generation or two ago, is almost unfathomable now to the illiterate, unlettered zoomer of today. The majority of the corpus of Western education, theology, science, and philosophy now lost to the winds of time; the average modern man never had a chance.

I regret everyday not being a polyglot. My Greek is so-so. My German and Czech is non-existent. I haven't thought about the others. A single modern Proto-Indo-European would be convenient.

I've been considering studying Anglo-Saxon or Gothic but idk yet.

Nigger

Noncery

>I am zulu
>live in KwaZulu (literally means land of the zulus)
>I speak zulu

My ancestors smile down on me.

>common language around me
LOL
I'm not some yank mutt only speaking English because it's the default
I speak English because I'm English
I guess I could go ready Chaucer but it's not like there's a great deal of material to read that's written in that language of old England

>My ancestors smile down on me.
Completely unburdened by anything like a book

You're all fucking NPC races desu except maybe the French

Why do you feel the need to insult me?

>Do you know your ancestors tongue
No. My surname is low german, it was one of the languages that were suppressed in the 1800's. I think 4.5 million spoke it at the time, and it's down to 1.5 million now.

Lingua = Tongue
Franca = French.
It should be renamed to 'English Tongue'

>speaking English because it's the default
Your whole country changed your accent in the 1800s because the rich dropped their rhotic Rs

I picked that as the title because of the dual meaning. I hope to one day advocate for the Cajun Language on a national level.

Yep, guaranĂ­ is taught in school and it's also our second official language.

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TYPING IN AMERICAN THEN? WHY DONT YOU SPEAK US SOME FUCKING ENGLISH AND STOP SPEAKING AMERICAN YOU FUCKING TWAT.

I think all the countries that do this are doing right by their culture.
Once I finish french I'm learning Latin. Tired of being a common plebe

My ancestors tongue was English

MY ANCESTORS HAD ENGLISH TONGUES TOO, TO TONGUE THEIR ANUSES WITH.

>Anglo calling others npc races
That's rich coming from the people who destroyed Europe twice because jews couldn't handle German industry.
You deserve the hordes of shitskins invading your country, this is karma.