Was the cellular phone a mistake?

I'm trying to figure this out. My fiance' moved into her mother's house four years ago with out infant and cited "irreconcilable differences" when she took me to court for custody, support, and legal fees.

Her reason was that I left the apartment without my cell phone for 8 hours when the infant was in the care of my father, the babies grandfather.

The court accepted this as "abandonedment" and she won custody, support, and legal fees. From about 1650 to 1990 "abandonedment" was 6 months of zero contact. Now it's 8 hours without a cell phone.

Attached: download (3).jpg (201x251, 3.37K)

Whar is even worse, in orders of magnitude, is that these devices have become cameras, microphones, and GPS devices that we aren't allowed to see "how it works" (read the source code) and a couple days, or at worst, hours, of not possessing this device can be considered "child abandonedment."

Attached: 20220906_121929.png (720x401, 318.47K)

sounds more like marrying a fucking psycho was the mistake. telephones had nothing to do with the fuck up

I dropped mine on the train back in March
I could probably get it back still if I could give enough of a shit to bother.
You can get by without the dogshit device just fine OP

Yes. It was a mistake for so many reasons. "I am the destroyer of worlds".

>sounds more like marrying a fucking psycho was the mistake. telephones had nothing to do with the fuck up

Wrong.

>You can get by without the dogshit device just fine OP

Life without a cell is becoming impossible. Employers expect you to ve reachable 18 hours a day. Your wife can cite unreachable for days as "child abandonedment."

Not waged for a few years and my wife has a phone though.

im really not. a a fucking idiot will be an idiot regardless of the tech they're holding.
not my problem if some retard is plugged into it non-stop. just sign a contractual agreement with the dullard.

>just sign a
Just dont sign a*
keyboard did a flip

Condolences that's rough

dude, I can go to the gym with my workphone and type a few messages while I lift. Cellphones allow us to be mobile and not chained to a desk.

I can order anything i want from amazon on my phone while sitting in traffic.

I have so much music on my phone compared to when i had to carry my walkman around.

Attached: 1.jpg (474x474, 17.19K)

Yes

Attached: Teddy bear eyes.jpg (1048x191, 33.29K)

you are chained to your phone my dude
you could always put the walkman away and no one cared
put that phone away and lawdy where dem rangs at?

yeah but i can be anywhere now. boss thinks I'm in the office but actually in a strip club

you must be lucky having a retard for a boss then

sounds fucking weird blotting out all outside input like youre trying to emulate John Lilly
if your surroundings are shit enough you need audio cues to cope, remove yourself from them.

RIP in peace OP if true. Yes, phones were a mistake, here's just some of the reasons why:

>everyone is basically a walking camera now who can just whip out their phone and start recording/taking pictures as soon as they see something "abnormal"
>mobile phones are tracking devices (feds can just use the 4g/5g network to triangulate your location)
>mobile phones can be used to spy on you and collect data (Android and iOS are spyware)
>everyone is "expected" to own a mobile phone and carry one at all times, employers use phones akin to a digital leash
>a lot of people out in public are smartphone zombies, just hunched back and mindlessly staring at their phones
>phoneposting - posts on imageboards in general are just becoming lazier because it's a pain to type long paragraphs on phones

It is "convenient" to own a phone, but it does more harm than good.

by boss he means mother

>Cellular phone
No
>Smart phone
Yes

^^ This.
It's social media that's the problem.
In 1999 I bought my first mobile phone.
To let work know if my shitty first car had broken down on the way to work.

>Life without a cell is becoming impossible
just revisiting thread to say fuck off with this trite bullshit.
Inconvenient at worst. impossible is listening to retards espouse on about not using tech to go about their daily is impossible.
you fucking idiots are the reason this shit has taken root
I would off myself at this point quite honestly.