How familiar is Any Forums with the works of Niccolo Machiavelli?

How familiar is Any Forums with the works of Niccolo Machiavelli?

What are your thoughts, if any?

Was he based? How can his ideas be effectively applied to real life?

Attached: Portrait_of_Niccolò_Machiavelli_by_Santi_di_Tito-3168468007-2.jpg (1244x1600, 247.8K)

If Any Forums was still the Any Forums of then, his works were some of the must read for being a Any Forumslock.

Who knows these days.

Didn't like him not enough sauce on the pizza too greasy

I've always heard he was a complete asshole. And that portrait suggests as much.

hurr durr

Yes he wrote a book about how politics works and how you should act as a ruler, if u wanna be a competent one.

Attached: 1605382495054.jpg (884x861, 233.06K)

he looks like my uncle, also his writing is super based.

Some say he was serious about what he wrote, others say that the Prince was satire. I don't know about either, but it is fascinating to read.

Most of his work consists on obsolete tactics that can be countered with modern technology. It only accounts for psychological warfare that can only be used with average people, but irl would never be effective against powerful people, who tend to be smart and cunning. Finally, if you want to talk about practical advices, read the Art of War or On War.

Attached: 30014603647569.jpg (600x764, 45.97K)

>Guatemala
Fuck off with your fps video-game based world view and suck my dick

Rest of the thread has been pretty good.

Heard from who? Your coal burning grade school teacher?

And yet instead of having an objective discussion, you insult me by my nationality. Glad to not be a mutt

Attached: 1662059595600-1.jpg (677x995, 276.63K)

Give me a QRD on him then

His writings are dangerously based

The intended audience was such a prince.
I'm inclined to believe it was 5D chess.
No one who wrote such words would be ignorant of the effect of such words as concerns his own life.
And when one considers his history I think he was baiting the leaders into their own doom, subtly.

> Writes the “how to be cool and influential in politics” Definitive Guide
> Spent most of his own life in poverty and exile trying to suck up to minor lordlings for money

Yeah, no, thanks. I only read winners.

Attached: 89E282B1-3F74-4D70-8360-C9A6F333A78B.jpg (220x326, 23.71K)

he was very cynical about politics but generally accurate about human nature

politicians need to be reminded again & again & again & again they are public servants and not public overlords

this is especially true currently in US the got damn fucked up pols need their heads chopped off via guillotines until the remaining understand these simple concepts

the US used to do this via "tar and feathering" back in its younger days, now we are senile

sad

I’m sad they wrote him out of TMNT

Holy based

Guy who lost a humilliating defeat and who was miraculously spared (probably by pity) trying to teach the winner how to win. Behold the first /pol user.

Sycophant and beta male court jester. Wrote the Prince because he was desperate on having to play chess with the local "intellectual" after his massive defeat, longing for that juicy life in court. A professional ass kisser in so to speak, what makes him also the first reddit user.

I read his The Prince and his On War, on the latter I wrote a paper back in mil academy. very pragmatic author, good thoughts.

>shits on Machiavelli
>advises to read Sun Tzu
ah yes, the superior thought of "the water is wet and the fire burns". neck yourself, brainlet